Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #85
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
Im sorry but that was confusing. Do the tune at the beginning, but dont drive it until its 100% ready to drive? I think thats what I got out of that lol
Old 07-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #86
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Im sorry but that was confusing. Do the tune at the beginning, but dont drive it until its 100% ready to drive? I think thats what I got out of that lol
Yes. Before you start the install get the tune out of the way. Then do the install and when you are ready to start it up you shouldn't throw any codes or have any idle issues.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #87
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Since you really can't drive the car at any point from the beginning of the install until you're completely done, I'm not sure it really matters when you load the tune, as long as you do it before you start it up to bleed the power steering system.

Loading the tune is pretty straightforward. Let me know if you have any questions.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #88
Patrick864 RS

Alright that sounds like it shouldnt be too hard to do. Just have to order the tune and I will be starting the install whenever the guy is ready!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #89
Patrick864 RS

What bov does the IPF kit use? Also if I have a intake on now...do I need it anymore? I see it looks like it comes with some brand intake with the Injen hydroshield.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #90
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
What bov does the IPF kit use? Also if I have a intake on now...do I need it anymore? I see it looks like it comes with some brand intake with the Injen hydroshield.
Don't know about the BOV but yeah you don't use your intake anymore...the head unit takes the place of the aftermarket or stock intake...mines gonna be for sale soon too, should sale easily.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #91
Patrick864 RS

I think the bov says Evolution Motorsports...I was just going to ask to see if anybody could help more. But thanks! Im trying to sell my intake and Trifecta/Tactrix tuning cable but no luck really. Oh well. lol
Old 07-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #92
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

lol i saw, going to be selling my red trifecta cable soon sorry..........haha GL
Old 07-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #93
Patrick864 RS

Oh no I wasnt trying to sell you mine. I was just stating it. Hopefully I will be ordering the IPF tune Monday. Thats directed to everybody following this thread lol
Old 07-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #94
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Oh no I wasnt trying to sell you mine. I was just stating it. Hopefully I will be ordering the IPF tune Monday. Thats directed to everybody following this thread lol
Lol I meant sorry as in you'll have competition with another person selling a trifecta cable haha

But keep us posted on the install!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #95
Patrick864 RS

I ran past a thread on here one day about this duplicolor black chrome and went by the store today and bought a kit. I have had plasti dip on the wheels for over the past year so and its worked great. But it has become faded and dirty and needs painting over...and instead of paying $30 dollars for 4 cans I figured I would give this a try for $20. It can be removed with their paint remover so that was a good thing. Figured since I am starting a new chapter with the car, why not with the wheels? lol Hopefully I can get it on sooner or later. Not in a hurry though since the supercharger is first priority now.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #96
Patrick864 RS

Well thanks to Ben Noble I have now ordered the IPF tune! Said he was putting it on the next truck out and headed my way! Now I just have to get the installation situation figured out. Havent decided what I want to do yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #97
Patrick864 RS

Well I was planning on getting the install started tomorrow once the tuning equipment came in...but this stupid MDI update I have to get is thinking otherwise. So I guess I am going to have to spend another $100 to get the stupid Trifecta tune completely off since IPF says it acts like a firewall to any other software. Great
Old 08-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #98
Patrick864 RS

Well I am taking my car by a dealership tomorrow to get the software update to get the Trifecta tune totally off my car so the IPF can work like its supposed to then dropping it off at a shop around lunch! Hes telling me best case its done by Friday...worst case Monday! So hopefully I can get it back for the weekend and get some videos done! Very excited that the day is finally about to be here! I will try and get as many pics as I can once its on!