Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #85
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
more

next set
Attached Images

Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #86
Blown396

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
You have a great lookin car. Just not feelin your wheels, though. Everyones taste is different. You have car that is different than the rest and sure to please many other people.

Enjoy the hell out of it, Man!

EB
Blown396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #87
Jericho
Come see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown396 View Post
You have a great lookin car. Just not feelin your wheels, though. Everyones taste is different. You have car that is different than the rest and sure to please many other people.

Enjoy the hell out of it, Man!

EB
I enjoyed every single mile of it. All 5,000 plus miles.
Vin#30271
Old 10-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #88
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Sorry you didn't get a chance to pick up your wheels and join in our cruise-in, but the past few Fridays haven't seen good weather anyway. I wasn't sure I'd like those wire wheels on the Camaro, but it looks sharp on that black! Love it that you're doing all this with a V6.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #89
Jericho
Come see me.

Cool, are those five stars on your ride? Love that red line too, that is tight. It really changes the whole look of your car. I was a bit nervous about them too. But, if they didn't work I also have a charger I could have put them on. That's a V6 too. I'm still waiting on my Pedders suspension to completely come in so Pedders USA can get it out to me. Kinda pisses me off that I've seen other people here getting kits from Pedders or at least it seems that way from what there saying and then Pedders (somebody) is doing a Camaro and I couldn't get my two kits even though I ordered them 5 weeks before I went home on vacation, spent 4 weeks at home, and I'm now back in Iraq with another two weeks behind me and they still haven't come in from Austrailia. What?
Anyway, that'll throw a Drop Coil kit and the Sport Pkg kit up under my baby. Then whenever Fesler gets there kits in I'll have their complete Hydro Carbon Fiber interior kit minus whatever they come out with between the last two months and whenever they get the parts I ordered. That will complete the things I've already paid for and then I'll be looking at a JetHot engine/exhaust treatment and maybe Lingenfelters SC kit. Also, thinking about putting the STS remote twin turbo on the Charger. All in all it's going to be very busy for me till next Christmas with paint and as many car show's as I can get too.
Vin#30271
Old 10-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #90
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Thanks on the wheels! They are MSM by OZ - $99 each from TireRack. I bought them along with my winter tires - 18x8's, narrower and higher profile, better for sloppy roads. The red stripe is what really sold me on those, as opposed to silver ones that don't look too different from the stock wheels. I'll put the stock ones back on come spring, when it's warm enough to safely use the summer Pirellis. I would have waited until it's a little colder to swap these out now, but got a glass chunk in one of my Pirelli's so it will need to be replaced. Had the winter tires, figured might as well put them on now.

Sounds like you have everything planned out for a good while! How annoying about the Pedders order! I wonder if they use the same kind of allocation that GM does?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #91
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
fine ride and great story getting there!
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #92
Jericho
Come see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Thanks on the wheels! They are MSM by OZ - $99 each from TireRack. I bought them along with my winter tires - 18x8's, narrower and higher profile, better for sloppy roads. The red stripe is what really sold me on those, as opposed to silver ones that don't look too different from the stock wheels. I'll put the stock ones back on come spring, when it's warm enough to safely use the summer Pirellis. I would have waited until it's a little colder to swap these out now, but got a glass chunk in one of my Pirelli's so it will need to be replaced. Had the winter tires, figured might as well put them on now.

Sounds like you have everything planned out for a good while! How annoying about the Pedders order! I wonder if they use the same kind of allocation that GM does?
I have no idea but it is extremely irk-some

An yes I said irk-some.
Vin#30271
Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 AM   #93
Jericho
Come see me.

Power Adder

All right, now it's time to start looking at the power. Still waiting on the Pedders suspension and drop coil kit. Ordered the window louvers from Defender Worx. Waiting on the black outs for the side marker lights to be available also. That's going to really be cool.
Dayton wanted to do a photo shoot at one point, if there still interested when I come home I'll get the car preped for that too.

As for the power, I'm looking for someone willing to partner up and help me re-build my engine to handle a roots style twin screw Supercharger. Beef out the tranny and shaft but keep the weight down and find some other places on the vehicle to save weight as well. In theory right now my pain will be in maintaining a decent gas miliage comparable to the entire standard power train now and allow anyone to daily drive the vehicle. This is going to be fun.
Vin#30271
Old 03-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #94
Jericho
Come see me.

Been having to much fun driving all over the country. Will up date as soon as possible.
Vin#30271
Old 03-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #95
Big Rob

Drives: ????
Very cool ride. Enjoy it
Big Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #96
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Black is the best color, but those wheels are so ugly... It's not a lowrider or a caddy.. The daytons just don't look right on it. I guess you like it and it's your car, so you can do whatever... Just be ready to handle the complaints.

If your going this way with it then hook up some hydraulics... lol
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #97
Jericho
Come see me.

Actually I mostly get complaints here. I do get some in the streets, but there I get mostly complements on the rims. An I've stopped in mississippi, oklahoma, lousiana, texas, arizona, florida, nevada, and california. In fact the only thing weird is I get Knight Rider comments from somebody everywhere. But I'm ok with that too.
Vin#30271
Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #98
Jericho
Come see me.

I thought about hydrolics but I don't think I'll like the ride.
Vin#30271