Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #85
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
There are a few posts here stating college isn't particularly necessary. That MAY be true, but that'd apply to the upper 3%'s that have an inside track or just plain hardass work ethic. You CAN make it good without college, but you better have a great plan and be prepared to CHASE IT all out. College DOES NOT guarantee a better life. It is an asset which likely will open a door that should provide a better future. Bottom line, whether you're a college grad or not, if your work ethic sucks, you'll have problems. There are tons of professional students out there, that don't have a clue what a hard days work is all about. They're useless in the work force to anyone. Get a good degree, work hard and move up and onward and things will likely grow. Set your sights and pursue.

Sure sounds like your work ethic stinks. Don't want to work full time and live at home ? Years ago that wasn't such an easy option or at least it was judged differently. How would you be if it was still that way ? Don't put your parents through raising a kid more than once. They've earned their room too haven't they ? You getting into toys you can't afford put more stress on their long term plans. Most parents won't tell you to get out, but they likely want (and deserve) you to be out and come by to visit - often - not stay there. Face it.

As far as college debt, yes, there are high costs and alot get buried under that and graduation scares the crap out of them, but at least, if they chase it and use what they've invested in, they have a plan to take care of the debts and responsibilities. Not just hoping things will work out.

Let's not forget one other great option here too. The military. If college is too far out of reach, what about joining up, learning a trade, getting real experience and building into a college plan that is assisted paid by benefits for your time in the service. In your 20's what SHOULD you have the most of ... time, right. Use that to build a future, don't get caught up in 'I want it now...and I deserve to live life to the fullest BS'. You'll only hurt yourself longterm, believe that or not.

A guy getting a car they can't 'afford' while not taking care of their own business (living at home) is a cop-out and leaching off of an easy mark (parents). Sorry but that's the ugly truth.

As far as building your financial situation - get yourself a credit card or two and keep balances affordable and pay them religiously. Build a credit rating, which nowadays can be worth more than cash in pocket. People used to keep cash under their mattress. Those people today can't get a mortgage even if they paid 60% up front, because they have no credit. Doesn't make much senses, but that's where we are now.

Keep your credit debt 40% or less of allowable credit on bills, pay responsibly and you'll build a solid credit rating. Do this a few times and in a year or 2 when you want that SS, you'll have no problem with qualifying, have learned alot about paying debts, have had more time to save a down payment and maybe realized you get what you earn, not what you believe today 'deserve' because you're young and need to live now. Your best years are well ahead of you, slow down kid.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #86
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
Just dumbstruck at some of these people.

Don't want to work that much. Just want to "Play". Live at home. LAZY. No work ethic at all. Then think they can have (or deserve) whatever they want.
I agree 100%........makes absolutely no sense.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #87
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
hey the guy is 26 making 200 bucks a week, supposively has an education and is living at home with mommy, he knows what he is doing.

And nightmare its not about having a home so a chick can free load, its called being an adult and thinking about the future. There is such a thing of saving for retirement, building your self financially and there is more than life than working your ass off for just a car. Your clueless as well if you think its better off working your ass off for a car and not a home.

I guess the cool thing is to live with mommy and have her nurse you till your 40 years old. WOW and WOW again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
NightmareSS and FutureBumbleBee = same person
probably the same person going around other car forums posting similar threads to rile people up

In his mid-20's, $200/week, living at home, doesn't want to go to college or hold down a full-time job BUT wants a brand new Camaro!

In his mid-20's and living in the basement of his parents, making $10-$12/hr but hoping to land a city job 2 years from now, convinced himself it is ok to keep living under his parents instead of moving on and improving his life, wants a 2SS!

I can't wait for his next scenerio.

Every forum gets a visit from a troll now and then.
lol not the same person...and yea i live in the basement of my moms(single parent) house but its an apartment...why go pay some1 else for the same shit? and im helping my mom with raising my drug addict cousins 3 kids if u must know...she works full time and needs the help...plus im the man of the house and do all the labor around here...and my grandfather gave this house to my mother and owns 2 more and 1 in florida...when my moms goes to florida ill have this house...

i can afford to move out and get my own place...just like i can with the camaro...but not both...id rather stay here and have the camaro and when i get that city job ill either stay where im at and pay off my mothers mortgage or move out and get my own house and she can rent it out...and i WILL get that city job...my list number is 1103 outta 40k people who took the test and it also goes by last name so i scored just as high as say some1 who is 600...i took the physical already and im basically just waiting for the call

i have my whole life ahead of me to save for retirement...plus ill be collecting a city pension, prolly do some bullshit job after i retire like drive a school bus and ill be a future property owner...im straight and i have my plans in order...shit thats so long from now whos knows what else...my friend is heavy into the restuarant business and plans on opening his own place one day...who knows maybe ill buy into that...you act like spending 25-35k now is gonna ruin your life in the long run and **** up your retirement funds...

idk why you people care so much whether or not some1 else can afford a car...and i dont wanna hear that cuz we'll be paying your bills shit because you cant afford the car...the bank takes it and sells it for their money, case closed...i mean alot of the stuff you guys are saying is valid and all, but i dont understand why you care sooo much...

well, my $40,000 camaro is coming today or tomorrow.....and i cant wait to work for my car!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #88
kc10kevin

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
idk why you people care so much whether or not some1 else can afford a car...and i dont wanna hear that cuz we'll be paying your bills shit because you cant afford the car...the bank takes it and sells it for their money, case closed...i mean alot of the stuff you guys are saying is valid and all, but i dont understand why you care sooo much...

well, my is coming today or tomorrow.....and i cant wait to work for my car!!!
#1 - He asked for advice. Got it and didn't like what he was hearing.

#2 - We care because most of the people here grew up and were raised with a different standard. For the most part, hard work, responsibility, ethics were engrained in us (30-40+ age) from an early age. Not saying that younger folks don't have those traits or that all older folks do, just seeing a trend in society these days. It just gets frustrating with the attitude that "I deserve things without working for it." Then when the crap hits the fan, think, "Oh Well, now the bank can just repossess the car.”
3000: 6/24/09
TPW 7/27!!!

Canceled above order when I found this:

2SS/RS, M6, CGM, Blk, GFX, Sunroof, VIN#18XXX!!!

Thanks to Marty Feldman Chevrolet, Novi, MI
Old 07-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #89
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
well good luck to all. Just a alot of misplaced guidance by their parents and misplaced goals. its ok theyre the people on tv crying that they lost their home(dont feel bad because these people got into variable rates and teaser rates) and well be paying for them in a form of bail out, welfare, higher interest rates due to their inability to pay their loans off, and higher insurance rates
Old 07-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #90
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
and im helping my mom with raising my drug addict cousins 3 kids if u must know...she works full time and needs the help...

well, my $40,000 camaro is coming today or tomorrow.....and i cant wait to work for my car!!!
that sucks about your mom having to raise your cousin's 3 kids. I commend her for that.

But u wonder why people care so much whether someone can afford a car or not....Well, to answer you, I could care less. This is a public forum and you and your alter-ego came asking for opinion and people are giving them to you. But I guess it is a moot point trying to make you and futurebumblebee see things from a responsible perspective.
Enjoy you car and I hope you get that city job and I hope your mom gets repaid for her kindness when those 3 kids grow up and make her proud.

BTW..it was only a few weeks ago you asked whether you could afford one or not....and now you say your car is coming today or tomorrow? How did your order come through so fast? Faster than anyone's! Could you please post pictures of you in your new 2SS when it arrives? Would love to see it. Cheers!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #91
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
PS. I think its the same dude too. I think ANT might be the same guy as well, if not hes as smart as this guy is.

But doesnt take away the fact of a sweet car
Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #92
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
It kind of depends on what kind of down payment you can come up with. As soon as I heard about the Camaro Concept I started saving. I've saved enough to make a $15,000 downpayment, and still keep some in the bank. Anyway, with the $15,000 downpayment on my 2LT, my monthly payment, with insurance included is $428.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Old 07-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #93
FutureBumbleBee

Drives: 83 Z28, white, slow and dying
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
umm... instead of dumbin-it-down and getting the "cheapest model possible"... be patient, work hard.. save up... and get into something more in-tune to what you REALLY want off the bat. you'll be much happier and prouder in the long run... and good luck!
Well I'd still probably just get the 1lt with the convenience package. I have no reason to get the V8 with lower gas mileage..
Old 07-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #94
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
NightmareSS and FutureBumbleBee = same person
probably the same person going around other car forums posting similar threads to rile people up

In his mid-20's, $200/week, living at home, doesn't want to go to college or hold down a full-time job BUT wants a brand new Camaro!

In his mid-20's and living in the basement of his parents, making $10-$12/hr but hoping to land a city job 2 years from now, convinced himself it is ok to keep living under his parents instead of moving on and improving his life, wants a 2SS!

I can't wait for his next scenerio.

Every forum gets a visit from a troll now and then.
I have no idea where some of you people are getting these ideas. No one knows what my situation really is. I went to college, I got a degree, turned out to be useless, couldn't find a job, can't help but work parttime right now, trying to pursue other efforts. Stop judging. So what if I'm lazy and think it's worth more to have time off than having money by working more. I call that a good set of priorities. Have any of you people actually been outside and seen the job economy lately? Sheesh.

Why don't you people just discuss camaros instead of judging me and calling everyone different than you a troll? Is it that you're upset that YOU had to work so hard and I had it easy? Lol you have no freaking clue.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #95
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Hey, you asked for it. If your "good set of priorities" doesn't involve a steady long-term full-time job, it shouldn't involve a $24k sports car either. Period.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 07-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #96
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Hey, you asked for it. If your "good set of priorities" doesn't involve a steady long-term full-time job, it shouldn't involve a $24k sports car either. Period.
Yeah we stablished that 3 pages back. I got the point. I don't need people making me feel worse about my miserable life.
Honestly I don't think it's about people trying to give me advice it's pissed that they had to work supposedly 115 hours a week and I didn't. Get over it.
There are kids who grew up with millionaire parents too.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #97
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBumbleBee View Post
Yeah we stablished that 3 pages back. I got the point. I don't need people making me feel worse about my miserable life.
Honestly I don't think it's about people trying to give me advice it's pissed that they had to work supposedly 115 hours a week and I didn't. Get over it.
There are kids who grew up with millionaire parents too.
No, the people who worked their fingers to the bone only get pissed about the "daddy's buying me a 2LT for my 16th birthday but I really want a 2SS instead, what should I do?" threads. You're not making anyone jealous. You're making people annoyed with your defensive reaction to having a bad idea called out as a bad idea.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 07-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #98
FutureBumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
No, the people who worked their fingers to the bone only get pissed about the "daddy's buying me a 2LT for my 16th birthday but I really want a 2SS instead, what should I do?" threads. You're not making anyone jealous. You're making people annoyed with your defensive reaction to having a bad idea called out as a bad idea.
Yup I sure am!

Closed Thread