Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2015, 08:49 AM   #85
vbmhbm

Drives: ford
So far, the local cops seem to like my car. The very few times any local policemen have been near my car, they always come over and check it out. Got to remember, just behind that badge is a guy.. and most guys like cool cars. I try not to speed in town, especially late at night.
vbmhbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #86
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I was leaving work the other day and there was two state troopers across the street from where I pull out.

They don't pull out till they see me, two state troopers follow me for a couple miles till they realize I set my cruise control on the speed limit and turn around.
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #87
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
No I mean do officers actually communicate with each-other like that? I was only going 10 over max it couldn't have looked bad visually lol. I mean I couldn't see him saying "o hey 'second car' you got a camaro coming towards you, keep an eye on him"

Its just a catback, not that loud. And at the point I passed both officers I was cruising.

you would think most cops know our cars can handle a little bit of speeding and can brake in like 110 feet from 60mph, keeping us and everyone around us safe. I shouldn't have to pay the state for it
Yes, yes we do. We tell our co-workers or another agency about the person we just allowed to speed through cause we had "insert what was more important here" so if they see the described vehicle and it's going over whatever speed I caught them at then they know the driver don't care and the other unit will stop them. Just today I called my wife to let her know a speeding vehicle I have a warning too was heading her way, so if it is speeding the driver has already been stopped and warned. A young female was in a hurry to get to a job interview, she was upset that she was stopped, so I cheered her up by giving her a warning. She was honest, polite, and she has no job. No sense on making her pay $300 for trying to get a job and feed her child.
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:54 AM   #88
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Where are all these cops that pull people over? On a daily basis I'm dodging idiots who intentionally break every single driving law there is. I just got the passenger side of my Camaro creamed ("driver made unsafe U-turn" right into my car)... because these idiots don't care and know they can do it... because they've done it time and time again and gotten away with it. I never see anyone pulled over for anything anymore, and rarely see any police cars unless the President is in town.

/end rant
Man, you're asking the same question every cop asks himself on the way to work. Especially when you know the guys working are all sitting under an overpass some where doing their paper work and leaving the city unattended. Learn your local PD's shift change times and you too can drive like all those other a-holes you see. jk
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #89
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
You gotta watch it in front of the cops; Even 7-10 miles above the limit is enough of an excuse for a cop having a bad day to write you up.

Its a fact that I live with when I'm behind the wheel (especially with one of these lsxs).

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #90
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
That's not entirely true. There is an acceptable margin of variance so, it is a suggestion. If all traffic moved at the same exact speed, no one would get anywhere. It's no different than someone driving too slow and impeding the flow of traffic. Most counties don't care if you're going 3-5 over. Some don't care if you are going 10 over depending on the road. The speed "limit" is inappropriate signage. it should be referred to as a speed range. Drive below X and above Y and we have a problem. Because that's how it really is.
Are you serious?!? If you really believe this, you should not be on the road. 'no one would get anywhere...' really? I honestly cant stop laughing at such a stupid belief..... wow!
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #91
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #92
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
That's not entirely true. There is an acceptable margin of variance so, it is a suggestion. If all traffic moved at the same exact speed, no one would get anywhere. It's no different than someone driving too slow and impeding the flow of traffic. Most counties don't care if you're going 3-5 over. Some don't care if you are going 10 over depending on the road. The speed "limit" is inappropriate signage. it should be referred to as a speed range. Drive below X and above Y and we have a problem. Because that's how it really is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
Are you serious?!? If you really believe this, you should not be on the road. 'no one would get anywhere...' really? I honestly cant stop laughing at such a stupid belief..... wow!
Glad I was drinking when I read that
Old 08-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #93
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Earlier in this tread, I tried to explain that on graveyards many cops are looking for anything moving due to boredom. They usually just want to stop you and check you out. Not write tickets.

As far as this BS about writing tickets cause he's having a bad day, this is purely backwards. A cop having a bad day will head to the closest Bat Cave and park. He'll call his buddies and ask them to cover for him because he's down 3 in custody reports. He may spend the day there. The guys stopping cars and writing cites are usually the motor cops. It's their job and they are great at it. You might also come to the attention of the back and whites too. That's totally on you for the way you drive.

Unless you are doing some thing so out of line, most B & Ws don't see you or care about you. They are looking for felons to take to jail or handling radio calls. Now I cannot speak for the CHP or whatever agency cruises your local freeways. Those guys are different, really. They see their job as writing as many tickets per day as they can. Avoid them at all costs.

As far as this bit about how much you can exceed the posted limit is old wive's tales. The limit is what it is. Go too fast or too slow you can get the same ticket for both. (unsafe speed for current conditions) Most cops will let you fudge it up a bit but you take the risk of being stopped for 5 over just so the cop can check you out. Usually you get thrown back in the pond for another day, with a warning. But be a dick to the cop and you'll most likely get a ticket for the 5 over.

I hope this helps with some of the bad info being spread through out this thread. Last thought: You guys accusing getting tickets so the city can make more money is BS. Yes the city gets a small fraction but the Lion's share goes to the courts. And I've never once seen a cop who cared about the city's income from cites. It's just something that never crosses your radar. I hope this will clear some things up and let you get along better with your LEOs.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote