Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #981
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
You guys do notice how just when one trolling d-bag disappears the next one pops up? Coincidence? I think not. You've got to learn to not engage them (him).

It's your (our) forum, and up to us to set the nature of the discussion. This guy simply gets his kicks watching everyone focus on being defensive.

Let's see who has credibility...Al Oppenheiser and Mark Stielow or baiting anonymous internet troll. Come on?
Attached Images

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #982
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat-ee View Post
Now I see your point of view. You (and others) enjoy your car for what it can do, not for what it can't.

As far as weight on the new 15' Mustang. NOBODY says it will be heavier, and I mean NOBODY!! Don't take my word for it though, if you would do minimal research you will see what i'm saying is true. Not every car has to weigh 4k pounds (see Corvette, current Mustang).

And as for the 14' and under Mustangs getting left in the dust? When that time comes they will be used cars, but it won't sting as much, but your right about that. Now tell me, where does that leave the so-called prettier, now way slower and not quicker on a road course, and at that point antiquated show room fresh Camaro's?

So besides stating completely true FACTS, is there another reason you would prefer I stay off your site?
What do you get out of this?

Why do you have such an issue with us happy Camaro owners?

You are a bitter person, so ashamed of his car he will just call it "modded."
DDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #983
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Now I see your point of view. You (and others) enjoy your car for what it can do, not for what it can't.

As far as weight on the new 15' Mustang. NOBODY says it will be heavier, and I mean NOBODY!! Don't take my word for it though, if you would do minimal research you will see what i'm saying is true. Not every car has to weigh 4k pounds (see Corvette, current Mustang).

And as for the 14' and under Mustangs getting left in the dust? When that time comes they will be used cars, but it won't sting as much, but your right about that. Now tell me, where does that leave the so-called prettier, now way slower and not quicker on a road course, and at that point antiquated show room fresh Camaro's?

So besides stating completely true FACTS, is there another reason you would prefer I stay off your site?
Comparable car to car there is no mustang that beats a Camaro around a road course. The stangs track times are so embarrassing that they won't even go to Nurburgring. The 1LE beat the crappy brakes off of the Laguna Sec a to the point Ford refused to provide one for magazine tests. The ZL1 is better around any track that isn't essentially a series of 1 mile straights separated by a couple of turns. Despite giving up about 75HP or so.

1/4 mile you got us but we already admitted that wasn't our goal that's why the engineers practically have dual citizenship with Germany.

As far as why we don't want you here its because you have less than 10 posts and all of them have been inflammatory. These ate the reasons a lot of us consider the majority of Mustang owners mentally disabled. Even my buddy who wants so badly to get his car around a road course faster than my 1LE can't comprehend that it is going to take him $10K to even get close to my car. Which BTW has more power N/A with simple bolt ons and I can get it around a track considerably faster.

You guys just can't get past the fact that the vast majority of this planets race cars are set up to do something other than go a 1/4 mile.

Now as I said I bid you good day sir...

Now go away ,or I shall taunt you a second, nay a third time...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #984
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
I think you need to read and observe this often recited phrase.

Quote:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

No car is perfect in every sense and your new mustang will also not be perfect. Buy what you like and be done with it.

Our new 6th gen Camaro will be a much lighter car on an all new chassis for us that it will shared with the other Alpha chassis mates over at Cadillac, ATS and new CTS.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #985
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
You really don't, at least not yet.

Not everybody places any importance or value street racing and stoplight challenges - no matter what we drive (you did notice, right). There is a guy I know who has built up an early Mustang into a road course beast. It's NA and will put any showroom stock GT500 on the trailer every time - it runs 10's in road course trim (his friends call it slow). From their point of view, none of the cars you mentioned really have any street cred in stock form either.

Quote:
Evidently you aren't keeping up to date. No weight figures have been announced, and there are rumors of 3500-ish - 3800-ish (I'm too lazy to look this up).

Quote:
How about you read this whole thread before jumping to conclusions regarding the price, which is the only piece of on-topic content I've found in your posts here?

Then remember that neither the Boss 302 nor the Camaro Z/28 was developed for street racing or even drag racing. Not now, not ~45 years ago. I've been there, both times. They are road course cars, and you have to understand that first and rank it first on a gut level before you can possibly understand this particular section at Camaro5.com.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #986
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
As a casual observer of Camaro's in general, and a Mustang guy in particular, I have followed the Boss 302 and like it a lot. Heard about a LS7 Camaro coming out and named the Z/28. I thought hey that is cool, it should smoke the Boss and it shouldn't be much more expensive than a Boss.

$75K freaking dollars for a Camaro!?!$!$ Your kidding right? It's beyond me why anyone is buying a Camaro? SS is smoked by the GT. ZL1 is way smoked by the GT500. And then after it's too late, they are coming out with an answer to the Boss 302 that costs $30K more? Will it smoke the Boss? Yes, but it's priced in another stratosphere.

To top it all off, the new 2015 looks better than ever, weighs 2-300lbs less, and by most accounts the base GT will have a minimum of 465 horsepower, with some speculation of it touching 500. The 15' Mustang looks more like Corvette competition than Camaro to me.

Oh, and please spare me the it has IRS, better handling, interior, etc. argument. In the stoplight grandprix, it's no contest, and that's the only race that matters. Just like from 98-2002, when that was the hands down advantage to the Camaro/Firebird twins. Besides, in 15' those arguments goes away too.
OK, who left the door open?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #987
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
lol
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #988
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #989
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
You guys do notice how just when one trolling d-bag disappears the next one pops up? Coincidence? I think not. You've got to learn to not engage them (him).

It's your (our) forum, and up to us to set the nature of the discussion. This guy simply gets his kicks watching everyone focus on being defensive.

Let's see who has credibility...Al Oppenheiser and Mark Stielow or baiting anonymous internet troll. Come on?
A personal attack aided by offensive name calling and a conspiracy theory to boot. Well, sir, that makes YOU a troll by definition.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #990
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
How much is it with air conditioning and a radio? LOL!
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #991
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim911 View Post
Any info concerning harness bars or roll bar for new Z28. Those slotted seats are not much good without a bar and harnesses to secure your Hans device.
I don't believe GM manufactures them. Also unsure if the seats come with proper anchors for 5/6 point harness, but lots of aftermarket solutions exist so shouldn't be a problem to accommodate safety systems et al.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #992
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
A personal attack aided by offensive name calling and a conspiracy theory to boot. Well, sir, that makes YOU a troll by definition.
"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

The difference being Zfatuated does not sow discord in this forum. His comments were to clear the forum of discord and re-establish the on-topic discussion.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #993
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Thank you for your service to your country, goat-ee. You WERE a sniper in Iraq, weren't you?!

Almost 1,000 posts in this thread and, FINALLY, a newbie like goat-ee has brought us all CRASHING back to earth to save us from ourselves.

Another service to his country.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #994
TrackClub

Quote:
"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

The difference being Zfatuated does not sow discord in this forum. His comments were to clear the forum of discord and re-establish the on-topic discussion.
Are you suggesting that one could call you a d-bag and insinuate that you're using multiple identities and this won't be perceived as sowing discord in this forum, nor "upsetting people", nor "posting inflammatory" messages, nor seen as a "deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response" (per the quoted definition)?