Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #995
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
When I take my FA's out, I fire them on auto. It's a blast.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #996
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Actually - got curious today and looked around on GB and there are Mac-11s selling for $2500. MG prices have come down since I last looked.

Hmm...

Doug
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #997
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Some M16s are coming up on being 50 years and will fall under the curio and relic area which means you can have them shipped straight to you if you have a C&R FFL. However, they aren't going to be cheap.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #998
evan
ready...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Got this sucker in today, put on the other stuff that I ordered, blew 20 very expensive rounds for sighting and a little fun :] Cant wait until my 500 rds come in that I ordered, much cheaper lol...

evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #999
D Day Dog

I love AKs. I have 4
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #1000
evan
ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
I love AKs. I have 4

I have a 30-40 KRAG, 30-06, and a 300... this gun is already more fun to shoot, and also seemingly 2x louder, lol.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #1001
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Quote:
I love AKs. I have 4
Same here, I don't have a 47 (yet), but I do enjoy my AK 74 that's in my sig.

Planning on maybe a classic Russian wood fore stock and gas tube handguard, but I'm also thinking about the polymer olive drab Russian paratrooper fore stock set. One thing's for sure is that I want the Russian metal frame paratrooper folding stock.

K-VAR corp sells pretty much all that I'd like to put on it.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #1002
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Same here, I don't have a 47 (yet), but I do enjoy my AK 74 that's in my sig.

Planning on maybe a classic Russian wood fore stock and gas tube handguard, but I'm also thinking about the polymer olive drab Russian paratrooper fore stock set. One thing's for sure is that I want the Russian metal frame paratrooper folding stock.

K-VAR corp sells pretty much all that I'd like to put on it.

I'm a big AK underfolder fan. I have a Polytech dbl underfolder I bought brand new in 1989 - which started it all; a Vector underfolder with polymer furniture; an RPK; and a US made Galil (Golani) from CAI. I'd like to have the classic Russian Red (Red Jacket makes a nice one); an AK (Draco) pistol; and a Krink to round out my AK collection. Another $3K-$4K and I'll be there.

Problem is this "certain" car I have is begging me for mods...
Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #1003
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
I'm a big AK underfolder fan. I have a Polytech dbl underfolder I bought brand new in 1989 - which started it all; a Vector underfolder with polymer furniture; an RPK; and a US made Galil (Golani) from CAI. I'd like to have the classic Russian Red (Red Jacket makes a nice one); an AK (Draco) pistol; and a Krink to round out my AK collection. Another $3K-$4K and I'll be there.

Problem is this "certain" car I have is begging me for mods...
I've always wanted a Galil! lol

This is what I want mine to look like:

I too also have the same car that begs for attention. It's just a little more persistant than yalls newer cars.

One of these days I'll have a newer Camaro, maybe if I can get this job at a place called "Amarillo Gear" I can afford one... (They machine and assemble right angle gear drives.) They support Amarillo College and my instructor said I should be able to get a job pretty easily out there because of my age and how I'm in the machining program. He said I should make $10-$11 / hour on a 40 hour work week... So Maybe, just Maybe...

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #1004
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
I've always wanted a Galil! lol

This is what I want mine to look like:

I too also have the same car that begs for attention. It's just a little more persistant than yalls newer cars.

One of these days I'll have a newer Camaro, maybe if I can get this job at a place called "Amarillo Gear" I can afford one... (They machine and assemble right angle gear drives.) They support Amarillo College and my instructor said I should be able to get a job pretty easily out there because of my age and how I'm in the machining program. He said I should make $10-$11 / hour on a 40 hour work week... So Maybe, just Maybe...

Just keep workin' and keep makin' money. They'll keep making these cars for a long while to come. How quick you get anything in life only depends on how bad you want it. ...that and a dual income with the right woman doesn't hurt either.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #1005
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Just keep workin' and keep makin' money. They'll keep making these cars for a long while to come. How quick you get anything in life only depends on how bad you want it. ...that and a dual income with the right woman doesn't hurt either.
I know what you mean, but for some reason I plan to stay single. Some say I'm too independent.

I know I could afford a used 2010 LS or LT1. I found one a 2010 black 2SS/RS with only 19k miles for about $19,800 here at a dealer called Westgate Chevrolet. Not bad if you ask me. Certainly better priced than a new or newly used truck.

But I'll stop there, since this thread is for guns

Old 10-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #1006
evan
ready...

Just put a nice 3 point sling on my 47. It makes the gun feel so much easier to use considering how low I have to shoulder it due to the RDS.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #1007
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Just put a nice 3 point sling on my 47. It makes the gun feel so much easier to use considering how low I have to shoulder it due to the RDS.

I've been considering a 1 point sling for my Archangel Marauder 10/22 .22 LRr conversion kit (the kit makes it the 10/22 look like a G36). I'm using it as overkill for grouse hunting and have outfitted it with a red dot - a laser - a flashlight - and a vertical grip. There were some 1 point slings with a sort of elastic portion that fit around the shoulder and back allowing you to both sling the weapon across your chest but yet pull it out away from you to shoot if you needed to fire quickly. Anyone ever used them?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #1008
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
I use a single point on my duty AR, love the thing. When I transition from long to hand, it, the sling, drops the AR in the perfect spot to be out of the way.

Three points take practice, and they have to be a quality three point. I initially had a cheap three point on my AR, could never get it set right. It went away with my Saiga, lol. A friend's three point, unsure of make, was awesome though.

Also, and this is just my opinion, if your optic doesn't co-witness with your iron sights, be they be backup or not, then you need a different optic/mount. What happens if it fails? You forget to turn it on? Now you have to change hold, or remove the optic. Takes too long. My dot on my AR actually "prints" on the front sight post. If it fails, or I forget to turn it on, I just flick up the rear BUIS, and go to work. And I practice enough, it's second nature, so much so, I usually just flick it up anyway, lol. Been thinking of dropping the dot onto my MKIII.

Again, just an opinion, take it for what you paid for it, lol.

Tags
camaro gun