Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Time to pick! Where should C5FVI be?
Bowling Green 258 25.47%
Firebird - AZ 70 6.91%
California/Vegas 244 24.09%
Gateway, St Louis IL 132 13.03%
NE 67 6.61%
Charlotte Motor Speedway, NC 230 22.70%
Mars 12 1.18%
Voters: 1013. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #1023
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie 2011 View Post
What about having the next fest at St.Judes children's hospital and help raise money for the children of St.Jude. There is a racetrack there also at Memphis Motorsports Park. Those kids would love it! Just a thought.
The problem with doing anything at St.Jude is it's like getting in to Fort Knox gold room it's not a happening thing and if you know Memphis like I do you don't want your car left anywhere around the hospital without an armed guard on it....Second only a small group of kids could come out and see the cars and thats only after they been wiped down with stuff that might destroy the finish on your car and that includes the inside as well.The measures the hospital put in place to protect the kids are extreme and rightly so....It's a very nice thought, our group "Bluff City Camaro Club"have looked into it just on a local scale and it's almost impossible..As for Memphis International Raceway it would make a good place for Camaro fest but sadly we don't have a say where this is going to be or when it going to be but I wish "they" would hurry up ...If I want to go and I'm sure I'm not alone in this I have to bid vacations in advance. We are going to be doing it in October and I'm running out of time. We don't hear some thing soon I'll have slim to no chance at all of going to the next one and I don't want to miss one...
Old 09-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #1024
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb040 View Post
The problem with doing anything at St.Jude is it's like getting in to Fort Knox gold room it's not a happening thing and if you know Memphis like I do you don't want your car left anywhere around the hospital without an armed guard on it....Second only a small group of kids could come out and see the cars and thats only after they been wiped down with stuff that might destroy the finish on your car and that includes the inside as well.The measures the hospital put in place to protect the kids are extreme and rightly so....It's a very nice thought, our group "Bluff City Camaro Club"have looked into it just on a local scale and it's almost impossible..As for Memphis International Raceway it would make a good place for Camaro fest but sadly we don't have a say where this is going to be or when it going to be but I wish "they" would hurry up ...If I want to go and I'm sure I'm not alone in this I have to bid vacations in advance. We are going to be doing it in October and I'm running out of time. We don't hear some thing soon I'll have slim to no chance at all of going to the next one and I don't want to miss one...
Memphis doesn't sound like a very attractive or safe spot in general to be honest...
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #1025
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Memphis doesn't sound like a very attractive or safe spot in general to be honest...
Been through Memphis. couldn't leave fast enough.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #1026
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I'm sure as hell not driving for two days to go to Memphis. lol
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #1027
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
One and only reason we were even IN memphis is because my S-I-L wouldn't let my brother live it down if he didn't stop to let her see Graceland.
Other than the 2 airplanes and his automotive collection, it was just another house stuck in the 70's.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #1028
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post

Nothing attactive in Memphis besides BBQ.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #1029
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
If its out in LA we can organize a cruise through comtpon and watts.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #1030
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Born and raised in Memphis. As much as I would like Fest here, it is not the nicest of cities nor safest. There is a reason it ranks in the top three for crime and other negatives things. The track on the other hand is awesome! It hosts a lot of events every year such as Hot Rod events and Summit Racing events.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #1031
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ruby, they are working very hard on getting everything signed so the dates can be released. Mike and all the others are in a tough spot. While they are responsible for everything regarding the FEST, as volunteers they little control over the FEST. It is important you know they understand how important the FEST is to you and others like you. Many of them have similar constraints on vacation time so they understand that as well. They are good people doing everything they can as fast as they can.

Mlee is putting the finishing touches on the contract now.

Really need a date to put down soon, looking like my wedding will be in August/September so trying not to book that on top of can Camaro fest.

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #1032
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
Really need a date to put down soon, looking like my wedding will be in August/September so trying not to book that on top of can Camaro fest.
We missed C5F4 because I took the wife to Hawaii for our honeymoon, but it's ok she's let us go to all the others.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #1033
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hawaii would be a fun fest LOL we'd be like ants on an ant hill in Oahu LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #1034
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hawaii would be a fun fest LOL we'd be like ants on an ant hill in Oahu LOL
Tag! You are it!

sent from my cammed #survivorcamaro
Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #1035
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS10 View Post
Tag! You are it!

sent from my cammed #survivorcamaro
Peace my young HERO ^5
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #1036
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
The shipping costs for fellow Camaro Riders who are not living in Hawaii would DIG DEEP in our pockets!!!

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote