Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #1023
evan
ready...

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nice katrina pics---i mean, gun pics...
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #1024
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
A few of my carry pistols...

Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #1025
evan
ready...

Tore down my AK completely for the first time to clean it... got rid of all that black shit. First time doing it, hope it goes back together nicely... *crosses fingers*
Old 11-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #1026
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Tore down my AK completely for the first time to clean it... got rid of all that black shit. First time doing it, hope it goes back together nicely... *crosses fingers*

My old man told me once that if I can take it apart, then I can put it back together.

If you haven't cleaned it in a while, make sure you clean out the gas port with cloth wire brushes. if it's really gunked up, it can impede the gas flow and cause ejection and feeding issues.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #1027
evan
ready...

I've put 200 rounds through it since I got it. Used SEAL cleaning stuff. Cleaned every part of it my cloth+jag's could reach. Got it back together and had a good function check. Can't wait to shoot it again, everyone that I let shoot it today wants to buy one now, lol.

Honestly the hardest part was the dust cover---took me a min to realize just seat the spring and just press the dust cover down, lol...
Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #1028
D Day Dog

Quote:
I've put 200 rounds through it since I got it. Used SEAL cleaning stuff. Cleaned every part of it my cloth+jag's could reach. Got it back together and had a good function check. Can't wait to shoot it again, everyone that I let shoot it today wants to buy one now, lol.

Honestly the hardest part was the dust cover---took me a min to realize just seat the spring and just press the dust cover down, lol...

If that's all the rounds you've put thru it, then you should'nt need to clean the gas port as thoroughly as you otherwise would. What type of AK do you have?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #1029
evan
ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
If that's all the rounds you've put thru it, then you should'nt need to clean the gas port as thoroughly as you otherwise would. What type of AK do you have?

Romanian m10-762. It has the tapco trigger and other components to make it SA fire. It was most likely surplus so i figured it had sat for a while so I felt the need to clean the crap out of it anyway. LOL
Old 11-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #1030
D Day Dog

Quote:
Romanian m10-762. It has the tapco trigger and other components to make it SA fire. It was most likely surplus so i figured it had sat for a while so I felt the need to clean the crap out of it anyway. LOL

Smart. Romanians are either very old or (most) are newer parts kits shipped from oversees and put together here in the U.S. I used to have a Romanian RPK that was a parts kit rifle. Nice, but nothing more than a long, heavy-barrell AK with a bipod. I have 3 other AK type rifles. 1 Polytech AKS underfolder Chinese (best on the market); 1 Vector AKS underfolder Polish (medium grade AK); and 1 Golani which is an AK47 action style Rifle (low grade US made copy of an Israeli Galil). All function great and are perfect shooters. The Polytech is my Fav. You will get lots of life out of your Romanian AK. They are cheap and inexpensive to outfit if you want.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #1031
evan
ready...

Quote:
Smart. Romanians are either very old or (most) are newer parts kits shipped from oversees and put together here in the U.S. I used to have a Romanian RPK that was a parts kit rifle. Nice, but nothing more than a long, heavy-barrell AK with a bipod. I have 3 other AK type rifles. 1 Polytech AKS underfolder Chinese (best on the market); 1 Vector AKS underfolder Polish (medium grade AK); and 1 Golani which is an AK47 action style Rifle (low grade US made copy of an Israeli Galil). All function great and are perfect shooters. The Polytech is my Fav. You will get lots of life out of your Romanian AK. They are cheap and inexpensive to outfit if you want.

Good goddamn, lots of ak types, lol... you werent kidding about that.

This AK is already the most awesome rifle i've owned. Or at least, the most fun.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #1032
D Day Dog

Quote:
Good goddamn, lots of ak types, lol... you werent kidding about that.

This AK is already the most awesome rifle i've owned. Or at least, the most fun.
I really like it. Cheap to shoot. Lots of options. Plenty of parts. Only 30 million or so have been made...
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #1033
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
I got some new carbon fiber grips on the way
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #1034
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
I got some new carbon fiber grips on the way

Got a buddy who bought some of those for his 1911 - kinda spendy at $80. What you buying them for?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #1035
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Got a buddy who bought some of those for his 1911 - kinda spendy at $80. What you buying them for?

Got some CF grips for my Kimber SIS 5".... already got a CF blackhawk holster, I think its a nice combo.... although it doesn't see the holster much . Here's the grips.

helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #1036
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie

Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
Nice pics. Making me jealous!
We get a few goodies too that you can't have down there though.

My Breacher 870 clone magfed.

Tavor.

Some others:

Some of my Enfields.

My CZ75B with a silly bayo.

I am on canadiangunnutz.com as DOOK also.
I spend way too much time there.
Currently we are in the midst of history as our long gun registry is in it's final throes.
Finally!

Last edited by DOOK; 11-04-2011 at 09:36 PM.
DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun