Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #1065
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Correction - apparently it was if you could afford a ZR1 you can afford the new Z06 at least according to autoblog.
Autoblog is mistaken... I watched the interview with Tadge and he said "If you could afford a C6 Z06,you can afford a C7 Z06. He also stated a new Z06 with every available option(Z07,etc.) would be less than $100k.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #1066
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
I don't know how to do it, but somebody needs to get this thread back on the track of the OP. There is no use checking in for news or comments on the $75,000 price, only to keep finding off-topic posts.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #1067
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Personally I don't expect any new news after 1000+ posts. What else can be said about the price that hasn't been said already? The fact that folks have started to share unrelated thoughts, seems to suggest the op topic has been exhausted. Perhaps it is time to just close it off and nove on?
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #1068
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Personally I don't expect any new news after 1000+ posts. What else can be said about the price that hasn't been said already? The fact that folks have started to share unrelated thoughts, seems to suggest the op topic has been exhausted. Perhaps it is time to just close it off and nove on?
Attached Images

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #1069
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Lol!

Didn't know that could be publicly accessed like that, sweet.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #1070
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Looking forward so much to Z/28 deliveries and tracking season. 90% of the BS falls away and the sun comes out.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #1071
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Z/28 not z28... you're being snide... doesn't match your I'm a serious car guy and am interested in the facts to properly determine the magic ratio of performance per value ideal that I seek.

Don't know whats worse your bullshit questions or other's sincere attempts to answer them.

Give me the hammer I'll swing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
....highlighted section nominated for quote of the month. <In bold of course...>
From my querry I see no takers on this. Similar results from other posts. Where is this ride going? There is no band wagon.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #1072
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....highlighted section nominated for quote of the month. <In bold of course...>
From my querry I see no takers on this. Similar results from other posts. Where is this ride going? There is no band wagon.
Someone looking for a hammer?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #1073
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...pheeeew!!!,...at least I'm not last in the post rankings....
Old 01-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #1074
plumber84
Duke

Drives: Millennium Falcon
75K???? I personally think it's priced wrong. Lots of choices in the 75k range. Including building your own.
plumber84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #1075
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber84 View Post
75K???? I personally think it's priced wrong. Lots of choices in the 75k range. Including building your own.
That build your own thing, on a car you could legally drive on the road, would:

be out of reach for almost everyone on this site

and 2 likely run you about the same amount or more unless you count your own labor for free.............which GM can't do.

It's a great thought, but out of reach.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #1076
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
That build your own thing, on a car you could legally drive on the road, would:

be out of reach for almost everyone on this site

and 2 likely run you about the same amount or more unless you count your own labor for free.............which GM can't do.

It's a great thought, but out of reach.
Well the C7 Z51 costs less than the Z/28 and will likely beat it on the track, especially if you put R compound tires on the C7. Tires are so consumable that it only makes sense to compare the two cars with similar grip tires.

There is something to be said for building your own as well. That's what I did. It's a lot of fun for one. I didn't have time to do the work myself, so I paid for it to be done. Total cost of my build including the cost of my stripped 1SS 1LE is less than the Z/28, including the roll bar, Sparco Evo seats and 6 point harness, all of which I would add to the Z/28 if I were to do any serious high speed tracks with it. I suspect my car would be faster than a Z/28 if the same driver were timed in both cars, with my engine mods, coil overs, wing and splitter, 315/30-18 R compounds front and rear, Etc. My car is also likely lighter than the Z/28 and has more HP and torque.

But I can also see a very good argument for getting a Z/28, as it comes with a warranty and is 100% legal, whereas my 560 BHP cam/longtubes/high flow cats won't pass smog in ~5 years when I have to have it checked.

Both are good paths, it just depends on what your goals are and what floats your boat.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #1077

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post

There is something to be said for building your own as well. That's what I did. It's a lot of fun for one.

But I can also see a very good argument for getting a Z/28, as it comes with a warranty and is 100% legal

Both are good paths, it just depends on what your goals are and what floats your boat.
This is sort of the "question" I think we all need to answer for ourselves....and the answer is pricey either way....The variables are many, as to what we really "want" to do, and how far to go....

Right now I haven't tracked or modded my SS "enough" to the point where I feel a Z/28 would be a smart move....For sure the Z/28 has been fun to follow and somewhat of an inspiration to play on the track with my current car...Sort of a late bloomer to the whole track thing, so jumping whole hog into a Z/28 right now wouldn't be all that comfortable finance-wise and skill-wise...But it's something to keep in mind for the future, for sure...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #1078
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
No doubt, a 1LE with H&C and LTs, combined with some "stickies" and Pedders, will get you close...which counts in horseshoes 'n IEDs...and will set you back $50+.

One undeniable fact the Z/28 will always possess: its pedigree...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote