Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #11033
Duncan420

Drives: 12 45th 2SSRS /11 SW 2SSRS SLP Vert
HI EVERYONE!Just got home from an EXCITING day at ESTA DRAGWAY.Pulled onto the grounds and one of the officials called me over.He said he has never rode in the new 5th gens,so he wanted me to take him down the track.For the first time ever driving a stick car on a drag strip,ZENA perfomed admirably!!!!!!!Ran a 14.53 et at 99.36 mph in the 1/4!!!!!!!It was nice having a free practice run!!!Now come time trials,first pass ran headsup with a 3rd gen,we were both close on the light but at the end I got him by 1.79 secs.My et was 14.112 at 100.65 mph!!!!!!!!The next run was a little slower due to a little wheel hop in the first 60 ft,still had an et 14.594 at 99.83 mph.I saved the best for last with a run of 14.004 at 104.15 mph,with traction control on the whole time.You gotta love that no lift shift!!!!!These cars are everything they said they were and then some!!!!!!!!!!Igot beat in the first round on a breakout,I cuold not let the guy pass me!!!!!!!You guys have to make it to the test and tune at the end of this month,you'll love it.
Duncan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #11034
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan420 View Post
HI EVERYONE!Just got home from an EXCITING day at ESTA DRAGWAY.Pulled onto the grounds and one of the officials called me over.He said he has never rode in the new 5th gens,so he wanted me to take him down the track.For the first time ever driving a stick car on a drag strip,ZENA perfomed admirably!!!!!!!Ran a 14.53 et at 99.36 mph in the 1/4!!!!!!!It was nice having a free practice run!!!Now come time trials,first pass ran headsup with a 3rd gen,we were both close on the light but at the end I got him by 1.79 secs.My et was 14.112 at 100.65 mph!!!!!!!!The next run was a little slower due to a little wheel hop in the first 60 ft,still had an et 14.594 at 99.83 mph.I saved the best for last with a run of 14.004 at 104.15 mph,with traction control on the whole time.You gotta love that no lift shift!!!!!These cars are everything they said they were and then some!!!!!!!!!!Igot beat in the first round on a breakout,I cuold not let the guy pass me!!!!!!!You guys have to make it to the test and tune at the end of this month,you'll love it.
I think that is the track I was looking at earlier. I totally wanna go i have never done anything like it before in my life.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #11035
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchambery View Post
Like these numbers and letters better than the old ones
Sweet plate Greg. Here is a picture of mine, I just got them in the mail the other day.
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #11036
Ron_Robinson1

Drives: A Static line to a pack tray & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Ron_Robinson1
I'm totally down to go... Let me know the day. You can count Joe in also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan420 View Post
SOLD-2011 SS M6: Blower, Cam, Alky, LTs.
Ron_Robinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #11037
nohemihere

Drives: 2010 camaro ss white/purple
I'll go to track with you guys to watch. Too chicken to go down the strip!!!
nohemihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #11038
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Stepping Down

hello gang i need to say some bad news here ,,, iam stepping down and becoming inactive for a while , need to get things straightened out with my life,,, just got a reality check that somethings are more important than friends and cars ,,, Iam going to miss all of you very much but i neeed to do this ,,, Yes Jeff even You ,, some of you have my # you can call if you like ,,,, i may surprise you at the beach but dont count me in for anything for a while ,,, possibly even canada,,, made a lot of close freinds that have become more brothers and sisters than my own .....

Have already contacted Tran and Mark C to let them in on this and to have control of the site transfered to a nother account ,,,,,, i will be ok after things work out dont know how long ,,, GOOD BYE
Old 07-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #11039
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CamarosOnHand View Post
hello gang i need to say some bad news here ,,, iam stepping down and becoming inactive for a while , need to get things straightened out with my life,,, just got a reality check that somethings are more important than friends and cars ,,, Iam going to miss all of you very much but i neeed to do this ,,, Yes Jeff even You ,, some of you have my # you can call if you like ,,,, i may surprise you at the beach but dont count me in for anything for a while ,,, possibly even canada,,, made a lot of close freinds that have become more brothers and sisters than my own .....

Have already contacted Tran and Mark C to let them in on this and to have control of the site transfered to a nother account ,,,,,, i will be ok after things work out dont know how long ,,, GOOD BYE
Sorry to hear but I hope for the best.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #11040
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebot8484 View Post
Sweet plate Greg. Here is a picture of mine, I just got them in the mail the other day.
What kind of plate is that??? Can't read the smaller print besides veteran
Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #11041
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:

Hope everything gets worked out! Good luck!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #11042
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:

Andy -

Sorry to see this.:( I will call you Monday sometime.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #11043
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
What kind of plate is that??? Can't read the smaller print besides veteran
War on Terror Veteran Plate
Old 07-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #11044
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Quote:

Andy,

This is sad news :( you will be missed, you have done a lot for the Upstate C6 group and will leave a huge hole in the club. I hope all will work out for you soon.

You got my number Call me ANYTIME!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #11045
bdstealth

Drives: 2SS/RS White/blk int.M6,GFX
Quote:

:slice:

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
bdstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #11046
rallysport2010
45th Anniversary Edition

Drives: 2012 Carbon Flash Metallic 2SS/RS
Quote:

good luck!! will be missed, hope all works out quickly.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
rallysport2010 is offline   Reply With Quote