Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #99
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Went to a car show and got this pic.

This was after the show.
Attached Images

Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #100
spyderbuddy

Ok anyone else with a V6 notice this?
Your getting up on the interstate, and well your winding it up.
you hit about four grand and its starts to sound different
(almost like kicking in a four barrel)
the VVT starts to kick in and you just step in it and wind her up to seven grand, then shift you look down and your doing 90 easy.

Then you realilize, !Damn this thing is fast!
Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #101
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Our intakes have two different plenums. You analogie of a 4 barrel opening ain't that far off from what is actualy going on...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #102
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Our intakes have two different plenums. You analogie of a 4 barrel opening ain't that far off from what is actualy going on...

OK didn't know that, more information is required
Old 10-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #103
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
the VVT starts to kick in and you just step in it and wind her up to seven grand, then shift you look down and your doing 90 easy.

BINGO.....I see, hear and feel that every time I get on the expressway. Twice a day; once in the morning and again on the way home from work. And yes, it gets to 90 real quick.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #104
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
BINGO.....I see, hear and feel that every time I get on the expressway. Twice a day; once in the morning and again on the way home from work. And yes, it gets to 90 real quick.
Same here!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #105
spyderbuddy

So whats going on? Is it the VVT kicking in, or is there a second set of injectors pumping in more fuel, or something difference in the intake manifold?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #106
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
The only problem is, once you slow back down to the speed limit (if you slow down) it feels like you're barely moving!
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #107
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
The only problem is, once you slow back down to the speed limit (if you slow down) it feels like you're barely moving!

Indeed this is also true. Once I get on the expressway for my drive into work, I set the cruise to 70 MPH to gain some MPG advantages. It is a 25 mile trip and at 4:30 AM no reason to speed.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #108
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:

Sadly, no. :( 'Fast' is relative.
I have an 11-second AWD Talon and just sold ( :( ) my twin-turbo IROC-Z to buy my 2010. Earlier this year I owned a 2008 ZX-10R which would do 0-150 in 10 seconds flat.

This thing feels like the slow heavy pig that it is. :/ It's just my DD though, and it has enough power to get me on the short on-ramps without a problem. I'm happy.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #109
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I have an 11-second AWD Talon and just sold ( :( ) my twin-turbo IROC-Z to buy my 2010. Earlier this year I owned a 2008 ZX-10R which would do 0-150 in 10 seconds flat.

This thing feels like the slow heavy pig that it is. :/ It's just my DD though, and it has enough power to get me on the short on-ramps without a problem. I'm happy.
It's by no means a slow heavy pig as you call it.. evidently you have never driven a real slow heavy pig (try driving a 3rd gen with a 2.5 Lt Iron duke 4 cyl. or even the 2.8 Lt V6..)..It 5th gen may be slower than those others you have owned, BUT it is not slow by any means. 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and a top speed of over 150mph isn't slow in my book...

the rush people feel around 400RPM is the engine hitting the "Sweetspot" where peak HP and Torque are developed... I have felt it even today.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #110
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
I also own a 1990 Chevy C1500 long-bed beater truck. It weighs about 4300 lbs. dry, and has a 170hp 305 that is worn out. I know what slow is.

Again, 'fast' is relative. To me the Camaro is not fast. It's adequate.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #111
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post

Why are you disrepecting the Camaro?
To me it's Fast.
It's Faster than my 1998 GMC Sonoma.
It's Faster than my 2005 Hyundia.
Though it is not as powerful as my 1976 Monza (Corvette 350),
or 1971 Dodge Charge 440 six pack

It is fast to me, so if you don't like the car, do yourself a favor and go Fording.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #112
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote: