Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #99
Firehead640
DEVLMAN

Drives: White 2018 ZL1
At the dealership as we speak. Was dropping my car off to have the alignment looked at. Service advisor told me "it should do that with the amount of torque you have". I explained that I'm not the first person to have the issue, blah blah blah. I'll report the findings when this is over with.

Edit: a guy just drove off with my car? Not sure why they needed to take the car to do an alignment and an oil change. At least he wasn't gone long(came back as I typed this).
Firehead640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #100
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
I have no more sway, now running 325/19 r888r on the rear.
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #101
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry76 View Post
It is most likely the Electronic slip differential, it can cause it to feel this way as it cycles back and forth.
This!
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #102
DRGNZ

Drives: Order List for ZL1
Fully stock ZL1 here, M6 manual, goes side to side if i pull out to pass and have floored it before it is straight, if I floor it with car straight, no issue. I agree with some here that stated the ELSD is probably the culprit. Not sure if there is a fix.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:36 PM   #103
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampabucs4 View Post
Has anyone zl1 felt like it’s floating left to right when flooring at high speeds say 50+?

Yes, I had a pretty big thread about it.

I got the fix for ya. Check the toe first. Buy every BMR rear suspension part offered. About $800 should do ya. Trust me...............just trust me. Your car will handle completely different now. Night and day. I have ZERO sway or floaty feel. Stays planted............almost, almost like my GTR. It feels like it's eating the concrete now.

Remember, GM uses that stamped steel. There's a good Utube video describing how it flex, bends, and torques under load. It's complete garbage to save weight. The BMR stuff is straight up hard core gangsta stuff. I can do 150 mph sprints now, on drag radials, on the streets, without hesitation.

Just fyi. My toe was off by a smidget outwards. They moved the front side of the rear tire in just a tick cus I kept having that feeling I was going to go into the wall on a hit. It kept dancing on me. They said it was oh so slightly off, but even that much made it feel that way.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 PM   #104
DRGNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Yes, I had a pretty big thread about it.

I got the fix for ya. Check the toe first. Buy every BMR rear suspension part offered. About $800 should do ya. Trust me...............just trust me. Your car will handle completely different now. Night and day. I have ZERO sway or floaty feel. Stays planted............almost, almost like my GTR. It feels like it's eating the concrete now.

Remember, GM uses that stamped steel. There's a good Utube video describing how it flex, bends, and torques under load. It's complete garbage to save weight. The BMR stuff is straight up hard core gangsta stuff. I can do 150 mph sprints now, on drag radials, on the streets, without hesitation.

Just fyi. My toe was off by a smidget outwards. They moved the front side of the rear tire in just a tick cus I kept having that feeling I was going to go into the wall on a hit. It kept dancing on me. They said it was oh so slightly off, but even that much made it feel that way.
If it's not too much to ask, could you supply a list of parts you recommend, I am not that knowledgeable about these things but want to improve my ride. TIA
Old 08-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #105
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGNZ View Post
If it's not too much to ask, could you supply a list of parts you recommend, I am not that knowledgeable about these things but want to improve my ride. TIA

https://www.rdpstore.com/c-4093-trailing-arms.aspx

You can start with just doing the upper and lower trailing arms. I know it doesn't sound like much, but good lord. Just doing those 2 pieces will help big time. I went with the fully adjustable one's.

https://www.rdpstore.com/c-4110-lower-control-arms.aspx

I also added the control arms.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #106
Bill_76

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2018
I had the problem and I think it was the alignment thats costs two front tires in 4000 miles (thank you GM...), I installed the coilovers with the engine mods, and now woth 100whp plus the car goes straight....so the problem was in the alignment..
Bill_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #107
DRGNZ

Quote:

You can start with just doing the upper and lower trailing arms. I know it doesn't sound like much, but good lord. Just doing those 2 pieces will help big time. I went with the fully adjustable one's.

Thank you very much, will start with that.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #108
Solid_Sim

Drives: 2018 Red hot A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
mine does it too. shifts left and right, car makes 680, lowered on BMR springs and oem tires. perfect alignment(checked this multiple times)
I'm 100% stock and have this problem too. Happens all the time if I got WOT no matter the speed.

(SOLD) 2017 Red hot 2SS, M6, NPP, MRC, GM ground effects, ACS Composite decklid spoiler, Mishimoto Catch can, Diablosport i2030 with custom tune, Primary cat delete pipes by CA Performance, Roto-Fab CAI
Solid_Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #109
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead640 View Post
At the dealership as we speak. Was dropping my car off to have the alignment looked at. Service advisor told me "it should do that with the amount of torque you have". I explained that I'm not the first person to have the issue, blah blah blah. I'll report the findings when this is over with.

Edit: a guy just drove off with my car? Not sure why they needed to take the car to do an alignment and an oil change. At least he wasn't gone long(came back as I typed this).
He went and drove it to check alignment probably. A before and after check is my guess to see what it does. I had an alignment done on my Tacoma once at a Goodyear Tire shop and it was worse than when I brought it in. What a moron. I drove it and took it back and said you are not touching my truck, just wanted to let you know that you do crap work. I went to another shop the next day and the mechanic was from Germany. He got it perfect.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #110
Solid_Sim

Drives: 2018 Red hot A10 ZL1
Quote:

Wich trailing arms you'd recommend? I don't want to track the car and adjust anything... just stop this heavy sway I get all the time

(SOLD) 2017 Red hot 2SS, M6, NPP, MRC, GM ground effects, ACS Composite decklid spoiler, Mishimoto Catch can, Diablosport i2030 with custom tune, Primary cat delete pipes by CA Performance, Roto-Fab CAI
Solid_Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 AM   #111
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGNZ View Post
Thank you very much, will start with that.
These part replacements will also help control rear wheel hop. The BMR's are much beefier.

On my 2014 Mustang GT I had the entire suspension replaced with a Ford Racing Fully Adjustable one. It was like night and day difference. Everything was so much higher quality than stock.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #112
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
This is not an alignment issue. it relates to the transmission, software and differential. it does it every time punching it hard whether straight or in a corner. To me it is very controllable and not a problem, just something you get used to.
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote