Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #99
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Agreed, this forum is a microcosm of the real world. However, i'd like to suggest that the contributors here tend to go over their cars with a fine-toothed comb and therefore are more sensitive to imperfections paint or otherwise.
I've always said that C5 will be the final step in the QC process. Like it or not, this place is going to turn this car inside-out. If you can satisfy our membership, you can satisfy the world.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #100
Ladyz28

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2001 Ford Focus
Quote:
I noticed right away the color differences in my fascia...is it a mismatch?????? My dealer chaulked it up to different materials being painted???? maybe.
Does it bother me?????? not as much now - but it did....do I see it twice a week everytime I wash it....YES
i as well noticed this the day i got home with mine. Have gone to 2 dealers and spoke with GM. Was told it was due to the front fascia being poly.....I was also told it may be because sometimes the front fascia before paint is black......a little primer please. After going over it with the second dealer's body man. I decided just to leave it, he told me it may come out looking worse than it does now. I am not the only one that has noticed the paint difference either, the second body man did as well. The two colors with the worst problems are the RJT (which i have ) and the IOM (this color seems to be the worst.)
I may have to end up trying my luck in the end.....got a scratch from a driver in front of me running over some debris. I absolutely love my car but for what I paid and how long I waited. (8 months and I ordered the 1st available day in Oct.) and that I paid extra for RJT.....the paint should at least match. I am not even complaining about the orange peel.......
Ladyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #101
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
4th gens were the same way, especially pewter metalic
Yep, my black '96 fascia doesn't match the fenders or hood. After I noticed it, when it was new, I went to dealerships looking at the black Camaros. All of them had the mismatched front end.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #102
Ladyz28

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2001 Ford Focus
I just got off the phone with GM, because the paint issue of the front fascia is not resolveable to my liking. I was offered a 1 year or 12,000k (from what my mileage is now) of free oil changes. Since I don't see any resolution that will fix the problem i took them up on it. Paint difference is noticeable but something I have learned to deal with.
Ladyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #103
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMonte View Post
I can't see any difference!

I used to own a body shop, and any front or rear fascia has an
agent added to the paint to make it flex and not crack or peel
if you happen to hit something.
This agent changes the shade of the color even if you paint
the rest of the car the same can of paint ,the agent added paint will look
different.
It happens more with metalic colors just the pressure used to spray
will affect the match, more pressure lighter shade, low darker
I saw a IOM at the dealer today in the sun and it matched
pretty damn good, I saw one at a show Sunday and it was in my
opinion unacceptable
The one that didn't match was an early vin # 2900 range the one
at the dealer was in the 44,000 range. Maybe they have addressed the problem on the later prodution cars
My VR matches perfect
But if yours is in between leave it alone it may be worse afterwards
Paint matching is one of the more difficult stages of body repair
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #104
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyz28 View Post
i as well noticed this the day i got home with mine. Have gone to 2 dealers and spoke with GM. Was told it was due to the front fascia being poly.....I was also told it may be because sometimes the front fascia before paint is black......a little primer please. After going over it with the second dealer's body man. I decided just to leave it, he told me it may come out looking worse than it does now. I am not the only one that has noticed the paint difference either, the second body man did as well. The two colors with the worst problems are the RJT (which i have ) and the IOM (this color seems to be the worst.)
I may have to end up trying my luck in the end.....got a scratch from a driver in front of me running over some debris. I absolutely love my car but for what I paid and how long I waited. (8 months and I ordered the 1st available day in Oct.) and that I paid extra for RJT.....the paint should at least match. I am not even complaining about the orange peel.......
I had heard "it could be worse" statement as well if a fix was attempted. Leaving mine alone aswell.
you have expectations of some level - and when they do hit you with an up charge for the RJT those expectations may be a little more.
I think we have all come to expect the orange peel......part of the process with some if not most of the newer cars today.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #105
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
All you guys are all over the place on this thread. Talk about getting off topic.
This Thread heading is : "Perceived paint mismatch on door and 1/4 panel appearance." nothing else / thats it !!.
On 4/14 at 12:19 P.M. I posted on the thread: "What you don't like about your Camaro." that the paint "APPEARS" not to match due to the two panel shapes, not a paint problem. Paint matching the bar covers to body panels is a totally different issue.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #106
djs

Drives: 2010 2 ss rs cyber gray
paint missmatch

you can all say what you want about the paint mismatch between the door and the rear quarter but even though it is the same color it looks different to the eye.I don't see this as being cool. I see it as a design flaw.
djs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #107
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
you can all say what you want about the paint mismatch between the door and the rear quarter but even though it is the same color it looks different to the eye.I don't see this as being cool. I see it as a design flaw.

EXACTLY
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #108
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67MellowYellow View Post
I assume some metalllic colors are worse than others to exhibit this effect. I've not seen all the colors yet in person, any idea which colors are the worst offenders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
My IOM car is #9761. It definitely had a mismatched front fascia. I asked my dealer to repaint under warranty and they obliged. The car now looks perfect and I am very happy.
I didn't want to jump into the middle here, but I think it is worth saying. There are a few things in play here. First, there were some early cars where the front fascia was not perfectly matched with the rest of the car. It appears that this has been corrected. Second, several of the colors available on the Camaro (the metallic ones seem to be more noticable) that look different at different angles and in different light. I have VR. I washed and waxed it over the weekend so I spent plenty of time looking at it. I notice no color variations anywhere on this car. I think everything matches on it very well.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #109
Capstone

Drives: .
At the last car show I entered, definitely had a couple of "paint guys" try to say the qtr panel and door was off... I just told them to walk around a few times and look again.
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #110
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Mines Black and every panel is dead on perfect. I wetsand and polish about 5 cars a week so I will notice anything.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #111
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Ok - going to weigh in on this

I have a RJT SS - It has mismatched paint. I tried to live with it. I tried to go with the inane theory that it was an angle problem. It isn't.

While at the dealer for another issue, I talked to service about it. They showed me the 9/10 bulletin but also THE NEW 9/20 BULLETIN

It says to the dealers to collect photos of my car, vin numbers etc and that the engineers are working on the problem. Period.

While there the service manager said...you have to see this if you think your car is bad (and my mismatch is horrible). He then had me walk back and showed me a white SS that was side swiped as it left the dealer (yes I know horrible).

The color difference was so pronounced on ALL surfaces - front rear and gas cap.

Now before all you ninnies here tell me about angles....the color difference was that the other parts were slightly YELLOW....When the paint shop painted the front fascia to fix the damage from the collision...amazingly - no more problem. How is that possible if it's just an angle issue??? How is the gas cap...which isn't at a different angle (I made sure) vastly more yellow than the body if there isn't a problem?

How is my gas cap slightly off color as well? How is my front fascia so horribly off...yet my rear fascia not at all?

How is it my RJT was parked next to another RJT car and ......one had the issue on the front fascia and not on the back...while the other the opposite?

I'm not a conspiracy guy on any level and I am 100% with GM (I own two other GM cars currently), however this issue has to be fixed asap. I'm tired of photo shopping every photo I take of my car to fix this issue and hearing from every person that sees my car......

For those saying the problem has been fixed - the white car was delivered to the dealer less than three weeks ago. Mine is a 11000 VIN.

AJ
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #112
raymurda215

Drives: 2010 ss2, summit white,full body ki
Hello now I dont want any one getting all upset with me hey I love my new ss too and all that but you no what I had a 2009 CTS loaded v6 direct inj 12000 in options unreal but know I had to have the new SS I have a 88 Iroc conv in my driveway org owner but this SS blow white smoke if the gas gets a little loe or it sits in the garage to long.. anf 40.000 loaded up all I could the cheap inside please!! plastic crap really chevy good of did more to the inside hey its fun, but I think I like my vette and that sweet CTS4 they need to do some inprovements

Hey about color and paint mine is summit white and they dont match lol I was told thats how is is.with WHITE
raymurda215 is offline   Reply With Quote