Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-24-2016, 08:58 AM   #99
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Luckily our weather here in the panhandle of Florida allows me to drive mine year 'round. I grew up in the mid-west and am versed in driving in adverse conditions though... We did have the chance of frost the other day though so I pulled out the 4 X 4's
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  224.6 KB
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #100
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Those who continue to argue that your 1LE is meant for the snow and ice, go drive it in snow, salt and ice, enjoy yourselves. As I said in my earlier post, I have a 2013 and look forward to the 13 1LE numbers dwindling because some of the 1,800 2013 1LE owners are absolute geniuses. Hell, take it mudbogging for all I care. We get it, you're right, GM designed the 1LE to be an all-terrain vehicle.
Not everyone that drives their Camaro in the winter is going to crash it. And it seems like you hope they do so your car goes up in value. Just because some people like driving the car year round doesn't make them an idiot.
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #101
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Come on guys.

Twenty years ago, I would have bought my 1le. It would have been my dd. Flash forward today, this isnt the case.

We all have great cars. We all dont have the same lifestyle or expectations or needs. We drive what we drive and we drive them how we want to drive them.

I dont drive in the snow with mine because quite honestly, it dont work well in two feet of snow. I even get nervous when in my truck in snow sometimes.

I am surprised when some guys drive their 1les in bad weather. It would certainly be a butt pucker to me. I would think someone was nuts for trying. But that is a choice. So I shouldn't belittle anyone for their choices. And if I have, I retract my statement and apologize.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:07 AM   #102
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
Not everyone that drives their Camaro in the winter is going to crash it. And it seems like you hope they do so your car goes up in value. Just because some people like driving the car year round doesn't make them an idiot.
Not hoping for anything good sir. Assuming that I have ill will is a bit offensive. Some of the people arguing the other side of my point on this thread are the same people that I have shared with and learned so much from over the last couple of years. Some of these people have texted and emailed me at 11pm to help me with a car question and I do the same for them. Why would I wish them bad? Perhaps you're missing some of the humor in my posts on this thread.
I'm just having a hard time understanding why some people just don't get the point the rest of us are trying to make. You checked a box for a "track oriented" car, or bought the said "track oriented" car used. It comes with summer only F1 tires which is a dead giveaway that the "track orientation" is for dry warm tracks, not meant to compete with the Audi Quattro on the Alps. So why buy a track car and use it as a winter beater? That is all
Old 01-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #103
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Explain to me what this means.

( I have a 2013 and look forward to the 13 1LE numbers dwindling because some of the 1,800 2013 1LE owners are absolute geniuses.)
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #104
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
Explain to me what this means.

( I have a 2013 and look forward to the 13 1LE numbers dwindling because some of the 1,800 2013 1LE owners are absolute geniuses.)
You caught me detective. You're right, I'm hoping they all destroy their cars so mine will be the only one. Then I can get $100 million billion dollars for mine. And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you and your pesky dog Scooby Doo
Old 01-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #105
kmdracer

Drives: 2015 black 1SS 1LE
I bought mine to drive. I live near the gulf coast, so snow isn't typically a prob.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #106
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Jeez, all this bitching is just making me want to go drive my car just to get some of y'alls jimmies rustled.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #107
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Oh yeah. The day I bought it. It was January. And OMG SNOW.

Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:49 PM   #108
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
^^^dat not a 1LE^^^

Black top asphalt there I see.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #109
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Oh yeah. The day I bought it. It was January. And OMG SNOW.

1LE or not, that is one sweet looking ride.

And you other guys need to put your big girl panties on and lighten up. Quit getting them all in a bunch over stupid crap.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #110
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
1LE or not, that is one sweet looking ride....
Very sweet looking ride, but there is no drama in that pic, might as well be summer, lol.

Personally, I'm kidding around here, but others seem to be taking it HARD lol.

The context of the title by the OP sets the pace
Old 01-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #111
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
I'm just having a hard time understanding why some people just don't get the point the rest of us are trying to make. You checked a box for a "track oriented" car, or bought the said "track oriented" car used. It comes with summer only F1 tires which is a dead giveaway that the "track orientation" is for dry warm tracks, not meant to compete with the Audi Quattro on the Alps. So why buy a track car and use it as a winter beater? That is all
The only thing that makes the 1LE dangerous in snow is the stock tires. Put all season or snow tires on it and this heavy Zeta sedan chassis derivative drives as good as any other rear drive car. In a lot of areas, clearance is never an issue. Some people that love sports/muscle cars just want one car that they can drive all year around (especially if overall they don't drive that much) and some just refuse, by principle to have a car that they can't drive 3-4 months out of the year. They remedy that by changing the tires for the winter. There are quite a few of Corvette and 911 owners that drive all year around also. Porsche promotes their sports cars as all-weather cars (even 2w drive versions) when equipped with the right tires.
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #112
Camaro Dude

A Ferrari something was pulled over mid January last year, by the cops, for not having winter tires on.

It was a nice sunny, -20C day, you know..snow everywhere, but streets were dry, kind of like shibb's pic above, lol, but still salt residue everywhere. The Ferrari had some on the sides.

I took a vid of that Ferarri and driver getting a ticket, it was a good lol, but I would never post it on YouTube, I think that would be disrespectful.

Yes, the law here require everyone have pure snow tires on, not all-seasons in winter.