Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #85
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
The 14 Impala ranked a 95 on Consumer Report.... that is the highest ranking domestic 4 door sedan ever to my knowledge.... maybe one of the GM uppers can confirm or deny... regardless.... it's an amazing car and provides the "wow" factor sitting still
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #86
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Not trying to be controversial at all, but when I was leaving the gym today and walking toward my car it just dawned on me that Chevy could discontinue the Camaro.

I think this would be an especially good idea if GM ever moves away from V8s. If they try to reinvent the car at some point maybe they should rename it. The Chevy Impala is a good example maybe...to me that thing is no Impala. What do you guys think?
...it's happened before. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. I don't forsee it happening soon, but...one never knows. Besides, the 2016 model change will be a total difference in appearance of what we have now. Love your Camaro, care for it...and hold it dear.....perhaps if you do so it will be around 40 years from now!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #87
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
What the f@#k is a diseal?...........................

wait........... they made a diseal probe?...... no wonder it went away.
I didn't hear any sirens go off but apparently the Grammar Police have arrived! Lol

JK.... Diesel*******

Colin Gordon
Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #88
rrpilot

Drives: Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
IMO, this is what will kill it. in the next 10 yrs cars will have to be averaging about 50 mpg's, and that's if they don't raise it more. that won't kill the V8, but it will drive the price way up through the roof. at that point, people will opt for the corvette, as there won't be much of a price difference. some of you don't seem to realize, one of the purposes of MPG requirements is to get cars like the V8 camaro off the road.

the V8 days are numbered, and in ten years we'll probably be discussing when the 6's will disappear. turbo'd 4's are already becoming pretty prevalent out there.
Wow all I can say is wow to these kind of posts. It shows how uninformed so many sheeple are. This is a debate that has been going on for at least 60 years, ever since the invention of the Ford flathead V8. Every time the media and industry pundits said the V8 is dead and rearwheeled powered cars are dead, somehow some mysterously magical way these machines keep on improving and beating all the pundits predictions. Since gasoline is very cheap to produce and with a very long term supply (200+ years). Until a cheaper fuel source is brought to market V8 powered vehicles will be hear for some time, way past our lifetimes.

To give some performance perspective on what engineers have been able to accomplish.

Take for example the Dodge/Chrysler 426 Hemi of the 1960's. This engine produced 425 Hp and was developed for NASCAR, but with its simple designs and ease of maintenance it was adapted for drag racing (NHRA), In 1970 this basic engine design made 2500 Hp on Nitro in Top Fuel cars and was thought it would not incease its performace much more. It was said that all the possible power to be made had been done and it would be impossible to increase the performance much more.

Fast forword to 2013 NHRA Top Fuel dragsters now make between 8500 and 10,000 Hp. Shows that engineers didnt listen and have kept on improving performance. If consumers want it the engineers and manufactures will continue to inovate and push the bounderies of performance.
rrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #89
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Not trying to be controversial at all, but when I was leaving the gym today and walking toward my car it just dawned on me that Chevy could discontinue the Camaro.

I think this would be an especially good idea if GM ever moves away from V8s. If they try to reinvent the car at some point maybe they should rename it. The Chevy Impala is a good example maybe...to me that thing is no Impala. What do you guys think?

Thank not...If anything GM needs to drop the turbocharged version of the 3.6L V6 into the V6 Camaro
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #90
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
I didn't hear any sirens go off but apparently the Grammar Police have arrived! Lol

JK.... Diesel*******

Colin Gordon
Not grammar, spelling.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #91
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
When I left the gym, I was wondering what the guy was doing sitting on the hood of his truck sipping a beer . .
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #92
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
When I left the gym, I was wondering what the guy was doing sitting on the hood of his truck sipping a beer . .
Ahh yes, the post workout beer, no better way to recover from physical activity

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #93
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If they discontinued it, I would like to see it replaced with a Nova or something like that. Chevelle maybe? I just think that if they decided to do away with it that there will always be room on the roster for a RWD muscle car.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #94
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
I'd love to see the Chevelle nameplate again, but I'd be so mad if they made it a 4-door

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #95
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Ahh yes, the post workout beer, no better way to recover from physical activity

Nick C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
protein beer recovery drink
Old 08-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #96
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
They already have a 6th gen in the works and the sales from the 5th gen are better then ever. The V8 small block is efficient as ever right now and get as good or better gas mileage to comparable 6 cylinders right now. So unless the 6th gen style just completely bombs it'll be around for a while.
I just did a 280 mile trip from Medford, OR to Portland, OR. Reset the trip odometer/speed/mpg/ and as stated, 280 miles, 70.5mph avg with 23.2mpg and this was three semi-mountain passes, about 3,000ft summits but a lot of driving without the cruise and some heavy foot when BMW'ers have to try to show off.

So for a V8 with an automatic tranny, that is pretty good in my book.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #97
Had2F's

Drives: 2013 AGM 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
If they discontinued it, I would like to see it replaced with a Nova or something like that. Chevelle maybe? I just think that if they decided to do away with it that there will always be room on the roster for a RWD muscle car.
As long as its something like the mid 70's Nova performance wise.... not that early 90's, Corolla wanna be, roller skate ....my brother's 4 door 76 Nova was almost as fast as my 86 Z28...
Had2F's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #98
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Beer has water and carbs, perfect way to stock back up on energy and hydration. Well... except the alcohol part.

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote