Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #99
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchino View Post
Hello Brandon,

thank you for your reply. I bought my Camaro in the US and then moved to Itay. Can I go to a Chevrolet dealer here? It is still under warranty

You may want to get in touch with customer service in your home market first. The phone number for the is 39-06-5465-2000. Please let us know if this works for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #100
vtelvr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I noticed the click on my car this past weekend with some spirited mountain driving...2010 2SS manual. Glad I found the video...I was sure it was something to do with the clutch. I will be getting the parts and doing this washer install asap. Thanks for spending some time to do the video to help us out!
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #101
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
I just ordered the two part numbers listed through my dealer should have them at the beginning of next week
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #102
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchino View Post
PQ,

I will do that. If it was what you say, would that be a problem?
Could be. lmao

I laugh because I obviously dropped the ball on this post. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by was619 View Post
I just ordered the two part numbers listed through my dealer should have them at the beginning of next week
Sweet. Let us know if it's the problem.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #103
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Does this affect all early vin's? I don't think I've ever heard this clicking noise on my car. My vin is in the low 20k range and is an LS3.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #104
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Does this affect all early vin's? I don't think I've ever heard this clicking noise on my car. My vin is in the low 20k range and is an LS3.
You do not have the thrust washers on your car.

It was something like the first 95 thousands cars that did not have them. If you're not clicking I wouldn't really worry about it until you ever start making the noise. I did not do the left side of the car because it's not making the noise yet. But I have the washer and bolt.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #105
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

It was something like the first 95 thousands cars that did not have them. If you're not clicking I wouldn't really worry about it until you ever start making the noise. I did not do the left side of the car because it's not making the noise yet. But I have the washer and bolt.
That's smart! Now I get why your video only shows the one side of the car. I don't actually have the noise and maybe I never will but at 35k miles when I have a little sound from here or there i like to take care of it, fresh fluid this past weekend in the diff made it silent again and a few exhaust adjustments. On my LS3 I have tried to replicate your sound and it not happening.
Would this be the kin of thing that will eventually make noise?
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #106
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by was619 View Post
That's smart! Now I get why your video only shows the one side of the car. I don't actually have the noise and maybe I never will but at 35k miles when I have a little sound from here or there i like to take care of it, fresh fluid this past weekend in the diff made it silent again and a few exhaust adjustments. On my LS3 I have tried to replicate your sound and it not happening.
Would this be the kin of thing that will eventually make noise?
Hard to say.

Mine started making the noise at about 35k miles. But I"m at 80k almost now, and no noise from the left side.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #107
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Not true. RP6 2SS/RS car with Vin number 14xxx and the original axles had the "thrust washers" on them as it rolled off the car carrier at the dealership. I suspect the design always called for the washers but somehow there was a miscommunication at Oshawa or worse yet GM temporarily ran out of the thrust washers and figured they'd fix noise complaints in the field, which as an ex GM employee was SOP long ago.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #108
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Not true. RP6 2SS/RS car with Vin number 14xxx and the original axles had the "thrust washers" on them as it rolled off the car carrier at the dealership. I suspect the design always called for the washers but somehow there was a miscommunication at Oshawa or worse yet GM temporarily ran out of the thrust washers and figured they'd fix noise complaints in the field, which as an ex GM employee was SOP long ago.
Ed M.
Ok, good info. I just know the TSB covered the first 95k or so if I recall. (if not TSB then whatever you'd call it)

I've done 3 cars now. All were early vins with the latest in the 50k build range. All had them missing so I just figured they were left off.

(Mine in #9067 and the other one was under 20k with the third in the 50k range)

But good to know it was just variable numbers without them.

Kind of odd though. They must have run out several times.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #109
Stalkker66

Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue Metallic
Has there been any 2012 camaro's missing this washer? I have a click or clunk also when changing from drive to reverse and on sudden acceleration. Especially since i changed the gears it seems more. Probably because there is more torque on the axles when i accelerate i get the clunk more so. The washers are cheap but i dont want to get it apart and see that they are already installed and the noise is something else.
Stalkker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #110
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkker66 View Post
Has there been any 2012 camaro's missing this washer? I have a click or clunk also when changing from drive to reverse and on sudden acceleration. Especially since i changed the gears it seems more. Probably because there is more torque on the axles when i accelerate i get the clunk more so. The washers are cheap but i dont want to get it apart and see that they are already installed and the noise is something else.
Have your dealer run your VIN to see. It is a TSB so if your car is in the range they will do it at no cost. But I seriously doubt it on the 2012s. Even the 2011s have had no bulletin.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #111
jumbomike55

Drives: 2010 Lingenfelter Camaro SS. 600 HP
Wink Thank's PQ.

I just left Healy Chevrolet in Middletown, NY. I was having that same exact noise coming from my rear right wheel. I've broken a couple of half shafts and the noise sounded the same. Well after about two years of having problems with my 9" rear ( I won't say who made it ) I asked Ted to get me a Lingenfelter rear. So far so good until about a month ago when that clicking appeared. Well Sunday night I spent about two hrs on the site looking for a possible problem, when I found your posts and video. Great job!. I called the dealer on Monday, ordered the washer and nut, ( they only did the one side). Went to my appointment today, and bingo no noise, and no charge. So Thanks again for those great posts. 2010 Black 2SS LS3 M6, Lingenfelter 600 HP package, Lingenfelter rear end 4.11 gears, Dynatech Headers, Flowmaster cat back, hotchkiss track pack, lowered 1", Lingenfelter Custom White Stripes, and some Ted Janetty magic. 549 RWHP 527 RWTQ
jumbomike55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #112
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbomike55 View Post
I just left Healy Chevrolet in Middletown, NY. I was having that same exact noise coming from my rear right wheel. I've broken a couple of half shafts and the noise sounded the same. Well after about two years of having problems with my 9" rear ( I won't say who made it ) I asked Ted to get me a Lingenfelter rear. So far so good until about a month ago when that clicking appeared. Well Sunday night I spent about two hrs on the site looking for a possible problem, when I found your posts and video. Great job!. I called the dealer on Monday, ordered the washer and nut, ( they only did the one side). Went to my appointment today, and bingo no noise, and no charge. So Thanks again for those great posts. 2010 Black 2SS LS3 M6, Lingenfelter 600 HP package, Lingenfelter rear end 4.11 gears, Dynatech Headers, Flowmaster cat back, hotchkiss track pack, lowered 1", Lingenfelter Custom White Stripes, and some Ted Janetty magic. 549 RWHP 527 RWTQ
You are most welcome.

I actually just had the other side begin to make the noise. So I'll have to do the other side now. lol