Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #99
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
Yeah, mine just happened to disappear Saturday when I visited Jannetty Racing. Not sure what changed, all I did was was get this SCT plug in thingy.
Yeah we turn the CAGS off in ALL of our Tunes SCT or Diablo.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #100
ObseSSed

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 RJT
Installed mine yesterday. Love it.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #101
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Here's the thing (and the reason I'm not bothering with the Eliminator),
If you're gonna change gears at that low a rev/ speed, whats the big deal about waiting 1.5 seconds for your RPM's to come down enough to switch to second. If you need to get out of the hole quick, you're gonna punch the throttle and not get skip shift anyway. Really... what's the big deal.

You can either nail it hard and not get the interruption,
or low-ride and count to two.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #102
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
If you're gonna change gears at that low a rev/ speed, whats the big deal about waiting 1.5 seconds for your RPM's to come down enough to switch to second. If you need to get out of the hole quick, you're gonna punch the throttle and not get skip shift anyway. Really... what's the big deal.

It's your speed that has to drop in order for you to be able to shift, not the rpm. For some people it's not a big deal, but for a lot of people who drive in hilly or urban areas it's a really big deal. Like anything else, it's not necessarily for everyone.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #103
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
It's a $12 - $15 part easily found on E-Bay. Took me all of perhaps 10 minutes to do this (most of which was jacking up the car and putting on stands (Only did the front) It was as easy to install as plugging in a toaster! Pop the plug from the tranny, click in the adapter to the harness and click in the other end to the tranny, let car down - drive...problem gone!

For the time and cost to do this, if Skip Shift annoys you...just do it
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #104
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5fan View Post
Is the battery disconnect actually necessary ??
Just wondering.....I'm thinking something like that may affect other "settings".
A little more info on this would help educate me on this issue.

Thanks
No...I do not believe it is needed at all. I didn't disconnect anything but the connectors to plug the Skip eliminator plug in.

no issues...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #105
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
It's your speed that has to drop in order for you to be able to shift, not the rpm. For some people it's not a big deal, but for a lot of people who drive in hilly or urban areas it's a really big deal. Like anything else, it's not necessarily for everyone.
You're selling the Eliminator I take it?
On a hill, you're gonna rev higher/ speed greater anyway, so again... not a big deal. Been there.

Like I said... a low ride crawl and count to two,
or throw some muscle into it and shift away.

I can picture myself going for tranny service and forgetting that the eliminator is there and the shop try and void my warranty.
Nah.. won't bother.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #106
Apex Motorsports

Quote:

Like I said... a low ride crawl and count to two,
or throw some muscle into it and shift away.

I can picture myself going for tranny service and forgetting that the eliminator is there and the shop try and void my warranty.
Nah.. won't bother.
If CAGS doesn't bother you then you don't need one, you are correct. But muscling it into second is a sure way to cause problems.

A skip shift eliminator will not void your warranty. In order for a warranty repair to be denied there had to be evidence that your modification caused the problem. A Skip Shift Eliminator doesn't alter any functionality of the transmission nor does it place any additional stress on any parts.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #107
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
Quote:

Trying to do this when starting up hill sucks azz, my eliminator goes in tonite. I bought a manual because I want to decide what gear and when...god I hate this retarded CAGS!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #108
Dack

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Dack
Hey Chase, does your skip9 discount code still work? I thought I read the whole thread and you guys still allow the code for Camaro5. Just wanted to know because in the next week or two I really want to get rid of this pain in the ass skip shift. I'd rather control what gear I'm in, not be told.
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #109
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
Hey Chase, does your skip9 discount code still work? I thought I read the whole thread and you guys still allow the code for Camaro5. Just wanted to know because in the next week or two I really want to get rid of this pain in the ass skip shift. I'd rather control what gear I'm in, not be told.
Yes, its still active. Make sure you use it as "SKIP9".