Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-04-2018, 10:53 AM   #99
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
id say my biggest pet peeve is someone who obviously used siri to type their post without using any punctuation to break anything up running on and on and on and on about something they obviously never even put forth any effort to look up for themselves then posting at least 8 more threads about other ten million times asked posts including one from earlier in the day and then get repeatedly upset when people ask them nicely at first to check the search function only to have another thread about something equally as simply asked and answered another ten million times and get all hurt and upset again and talk about how daddy bought them everything and makes so much money and they deserve it all because daddy is rich wait did i get too personal there oops id put punctuation but that would defeat the purpose of my description of annoyance thats my pet peeve
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread

Last edited by pyroguy; 08-04-2018 at 02:55 PM.
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #100
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
id say my biggest pet peeve is someone who obviously used siri to type their post without using any punctuation to break anything up running on and on and on and on about something they obviously never even put forth any effort to look up for themselves then posting at least 8 more threads about other ten million times asked posts including one from earlier in the day and then get repeatedly upset when people ask them nicely at first to check the search function only to have another thread about something equally as simply asked and answered another ten million times and get all hurt and upset again and talk about how daddy bought them everything and makes so much money and they deserve it all because daddy is rich wait did i get too personal there oops id put punctuation but that would delete the purpose of my description of annoyance thats my pet peeve
, . , and .

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:18 AM   #101
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
id say my biggest pet peeve is someone who obviously used siri to type their post without using any punctuation to break anything up running on and on and on and on about something they obviously never even put forth any effort to look up for themselves then posting at least 8 more threads about other ten million times asked posts including one from earlier in the day and then get repeatedly upset when people ask them nicely at first to check the search function only to have another thread about something equally as simply asked and answered another ten million times and get all hurt and upset again and talk about how daddy bought them everything and makes so much money and they deserve it all because daddy is rich wait did i get too personal there oops id put punctuation but that would defeat the purpose of my description of annoyance thats my pet peeve
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN BECAUSE THEY DO THE SAME THING WITH CAPS LOCK TURNED ON AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TURNING IT OFF AND WE ALL KNOW THAT IS JUST COMMON COURTESY NOT TO BE 'YELLING' WHEN ASKING A QUESTION OR ANSWERING A QUESTION IF THEY WOULD ONLY PAY ATTENTION BUT I KNOW PEOPLE GET IN A HURRY OR DON'T PAY ATTENTION
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #102
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN BECAUSE THEY DO THE SAME THING WITH CAPS LOCK TURNED ON AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TURNING IT OFF AND WE ALL KNOW THAT IS JUST COMMON COURTESY NOT TO BE 'YELLING' WHEN ASKING A QUESTION OR ANSWERING A QUESTION IF THEY WOULD ONLY PAY ATTENTION BUT I KNOW PEOPLE GET IN A HURRY OR DON'T PAY ATTENTION
sheesh man calm down
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
To add to why the forum may be losing steam, a couple of peeves...:

Thread titles that have nothing to do with the topic in the first post....and even worse, the first post is a click-bait video....."Just watch my video to see what I'm talking about..."

Members who have about 50 posts...all "just watch my video"...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #104
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
To add to why the forum may be losing steam, a couple of peeves...:

Thread titles that have nothing to do with the topic in the first post....and even worse, the first post is a click-bait video....."Just watch my video to see what I'm talking about..."

Members who have about 50 posts...all "just watch my video"...
Report those, most if not all of them are spammers.... We run spammers off in numbers you would not believe....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 08-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #105
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Report those, most if not all of them are spammers.... We run spammers off in numbers you would not believe....
OMG I know, I see them first thing in the morning. If you don't believe me, watch my video of me logging in.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:10 PM   #106
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
OMG I know, I see them first thing in the morning. If you don't believe me, watch my video of me logging in.
lmao...

Old 08-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #107
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Sorry Robert, I just gotta.

Quote:
This isn't really fair though, as a lot of folks don't use computers in their line of work....

I'm not IT savvy, yet here I am... I can search for a lot of things, but I always have others I often work with asking how to do this or that.... Sometimes I have to ask others how to do something... or I try to google it, or as a last resort I try to find a youtube video on it....
What it appears to me you refer to as IT savvy doesn't necessarily mean they can build a computer/website/speak Java. Being "savvy" in any field, be it IT, subsea engineering, power line construction or internet forum board moderation is more about critical thinking/problem solving than it is specific experience. Critical thinking in any endeavor translates to practically any other. The level of desire to solve a problem probably matters more than critical thinking capability. In any case, I think you're downplaying your IT skills just a tad.

Quote:
I help others when I'm able.... I don't ask others to build a BOP stack, when as a subsea engineer, this is second nature to me.... Others are required to use it, but certainly not to maintain it, thats my job....
If there is an issue with the stack, they call me, and while I could explain how to fix the issue, it's most often (always) easier for me to fix it, explain in rudimentary terms what was wrong and move on, allowing them to continue using it....
This is you deciding to slap 'em with a fish instead of handing them the rod, reel and bait.

Quote:
We all have our strengths and weaknesses....
Indeed we do. Determining when to allow a weakness to be retained is where that teach to fish / slap with a fish decision comes in to play. I make this decision probably 40-50 times a day, every day. Sometimes I play the educator, other times I do it for them. Sometimes I think I should've stayed in power line construction.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #108
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Sorry Robert, I just gotta.

What it appears to me you refer to as IT savvy doesn't necessarily mean they can build a computer/website/speak Java. Being "savvy" in any field, be it IT, subsea engineering, power line construction or internet forum board moderation is more about critical thinking/problem solving than it is specific experience. Critical thinking in any endeavor translates to practically any other. The level of desire to solve a problem probably matters more than critical thinking capability. In any case, I think you're downplaying your IT skills just a tad.

This is you deciding to slap 'em with a fish instead of handing them the rod, reel and bait.

Indeed we do. Determining when to allow a weakness to be retained is where that teach to fish / slap with a fish decision comes in to play. I make this decision probably 40-50 times a day, every day. Sometimes I play the educator, other times I do it for them. Sometimes I think I should've stayed in power line construction.
My sincere apologies if I offended, it was never my intent, and this reply actually made me laugh.... And don't ever be worried about offending me.... I need to be slapped with a fish often..... Not a big fan of the smell though...

Old 08-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #109
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Quote:
My sincere apologies if I offended, it was never my intent, and this reply actually made me laugh.... And don't ever be worried about offending me.... I need to be slapped with a fish often..... Not a big fan of the smell though...
I wasn't offended at all man. Can't say I'm all that fond of fish either.
Laughter, or at least a snicker or chuckle or two, is what I am almost always hoping to evoke when I post. Mission complete in this case.

One of these days I might actually get promoted to WO1 over there.