Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #99
noedge515

Drives: SS
Thanks again!!!

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=DSCN0800.jpg

noedge515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #100
JerrysJewel
JerrysJewel

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by roSSpirelli View Post
The SS on your heritage grille, how did you get that??
I have not seen a response to your question on where can I get an "SS" emblem for my heritage grille? The grille I bought came with the Bowtie, but iIthink I would like the "SS" better. any suggestions?
JerrysJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #101
JerrysJewel
JerrysJewel

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99
The vids were awesome! They made the job so much easier than I would have imagined. Everything was covered from start to finish. I am hoping to get a response from 68/2010 on where to find the "SS" emblem. Looks awesome. Thanks again for such a great DIY!!
JerrysJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #102
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Thanks for the info
Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #103
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
You guys are very welcome.

I Don't know about the SS for the heritage, I'll look around and see if I can find anything.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:11 AM   #104
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Good DIY, just wish I had seen this before...

I did this recently to put the SS fascia on my 2LT... I didn't have to remove the bolts that screw in sideways by the running lights like you stated in your video. (the one you went back to tell people about.) If you remove your lights first, that can stay in (I think that's why I could do it.)
Main problem (besides the top bolts in the fenders) I had was taking off the passenger side light, as when I had work done from my hit n run where someone hit my 2 month old car, the repair shop broke my AAC sidemarker and just taped it back in. (Not too happy about that and soon they'll be paying for a new set!)
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #105
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Chris:
I rewatched your DIY videos. My heritage grill arrived this week from Rodger's Chevy. I'll probably install it next weekend. Thanks for the great videos to give me the confidence to attempt this.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #106
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
Good DIY, just wish I had seen this before...

I did this recently to put the SS fascia on my 2LT... I didn't have to remove the bolts that screw in sideways by the running lights like you stated in your video. (the one you went back to tell people about.) If you remove your lights first, that can stay in (I think that's why I could do it.)
Main problem (besides the top bolts in the fenders) I had was taking off the passenger side light, as when I had work done from my hit n run where someone hit my 2 month old car, the repair shop broke my AAC sidemarker and just taped it back in. (Not too happy about that and soon they'll be paying for a new set!)
Yep, I'd be talking to them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Chris:
I rewatched your DIY videos. My heritage grill arrived this week from Rodger's Chevy. I'll probably install it next weekend. Thanks for the great videos to give me the confidence to attempt this.
You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #107
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
Here's mine.My husband watched and went by the video. It helped him alot. Thanks again.
Looks good. I just got my grille. However I am trying to figure what color scheme to use. Local guy has the setup below -with his red SS, but he asked that I don't use the exact setup - so I'm trying to switch at least one piece of the pie differently. Easiest would be the hood stripe - different color or shape. My grille is also yellow but I'm not sure if yellow with the black accent would work. However I'm going to try and if it looks "off" I can just paint the grille to set it right and then work on the stripe.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 10-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #108
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
Looks good. I just got my grille. However I am trying to figure what color scheme to use. Local guy has the setup below -with his red SS, but he asked that I don't use the exact setup - so I'm trying to switch at least one piece of the pie differently. Easiest would be the hood stripe - different color or shape. My grille is also yellow but I'm not sure if yellow with the black accent would work. However I'm going to try and if it looks "off" I can just paint the grille to set it right and then work on the stripe.

You could paint the grille yellow and do the same black sections on the hood and front fascia... or do two hood stripes?

That is a pretty sweet paint scheme
Old 10-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #109
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
You could paint the grille yellow and do the same black sections on the hood and front fascia... or do two hood stripes?

That is a pretty sweet paint scheme

Yup - my grille shipped to me painted - so I hope it looks right. Going to plastidip to test.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #110
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Yup - my grille shipped to me painted - so I hope it looks right. Going to plastidip to test.
Cool. keep us posted on how that works out.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #111
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Cool. keep us posted on how that works out.
I just put the grille on. Going straight have the grille painted black with the black accents as well - glossy black. I've seen a white SS with the black accent and the grille left white. I didnt like it - so I will save time and not bother testing with with the plasti dip. Friend of mine says to get silver stripes instead. He has some good taste in cars - as I like what he's done to his H2, Camaro & Mustang - so it has me thinking.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #112
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
I just put the grille on. Going straight have the grille painted black with the black accents as well - glossy black. I've seen a white SS with the black accent and the grille left white. I didnt like it - so I will save time and not bother testing with with the plasti dip. Friend of mine says to get silver stripes instead. He has some good taste in cars - as I like what he's done to his H2, Camaro & Mustang - so it has me thinking.
Ohhh..Silver... I'd like to see how that will look...