Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #99
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I cant believe, theyre still putting you through this. Its absolutely BS. I dont get what theyre thinking at this point. Its a Clear problem that really has a very simple fix. Replace the entire engine, or lemon it. I cant believe GM is willing to struggle over all of this when it truly is a simple fix for them. To put a customer through all this really blows my mind. In my case, GM stepped in and really helped out. I can only hope they do the same for you. As for your dealer, theyre terrible but when you talk to all our Canadian buddies, youll notice that most of us dont like our dealers because of the terrible customer service. I really hope we can start getting some good dealers out here. I love the Camaro, i know we all do, but what your going through is just absolutely insane. And the worst part is more and more people will go through this. If they dont lemon your car soon, post up all this info on Autoblog, or steetfire. Something big, i cant believe how long your issue has been going for. Screw the value of your car, after all the issues, the headaches, i would be expecting compensation.
I really admire how you maintain composure, or atleast try to. Once again keep us posted, like you said, we have strenght in numbers, and if you need any help at all. Im all in. Any time.
Sorry for any misspelling, in the middle of alot of school work...lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #100
Wanna-Play

Drives: 2012 camaro Silver 2-Lt
First off New engine!!
Second A loaner
Anything else for a new car is unaceptable period!
Before anybody starts too flap, would you want too buy a 2010 camaro with a rebuilt engine already, Not!
Wanna-Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #101
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I would want a new short block at the very least.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #102
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Ive read enough. This is painful to read. I can tell you Myers chev is the most customer type dealership ive ever met please call them about this problem http://mews.myers.ca/en/. The dealership your using isnt doing all they can do imo .
Old 10-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #103
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Is it a bad crankshaft position sensor?
IT IS MORE LIKELY A BAD GM OVERALL [DONT REALLY CARE ] KIND OF THINKING THAT STILL IN THERE EEGO TOO BIG TO FAIL , AND WE ARE STILL HOPING THAT THEY WILL CHANGE , BUT WILL THEY ????:t humbdown:
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #104
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Let's keep this one at the top shall we?!

GM corporate should know that this isn't the sort of thing they want showing up on the likes of Jalopnik.com or the Consumerist.

The dealer probably doesn't know what those websites are...but trust me if you go that route, they would soon be educated.

-Gordon
Old 10-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #105
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS 1st gen View Post
Let's keep this one at the top shall we?!

GM corporate should know that this isn't the sort of thing they want showing up on the likes of Jalopnik.com or the Consumerist.

The dealer probably doesn't know what those websites are...but trust me if you go that route, they would soon be educated.

-Gordon

If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #106
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Thank to one and all for your support! I cannot tell you how good it feels to have Fbody brothers at my side throughout this ordeal! I have a call scheduled tomorrow afternoon with GM Canada, perhaps they have read, thought and pondered about the best route for this problem, I will certainly let you all know tomorrow...
eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!

Last edited by Camarodriver; 10-04-2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Spellin on the ipad...
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #107
chazysoccer11

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Bump
Old 10-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #108
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
I wish you luck in this but I would have thrown a much bigger fit and to top it off if I kept getting the run around I would have drove that thing through the service doors then plead not guilty by reason of insanity and probably would have won too...

Total BS they did a rebuild on a motor with 7K on the odometer. I would be calling the TV news, and making the biggest stink in the world.

I just bought a 2011 LS and if I run into these problems you can bet I would be flying off the handle over it, especially with having the car tied up in service for over a month.

Wish ya luck man.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #109
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Red face Tks tj91

I appreciate your comments, you bring up some very good points. I usually think that the market takes care of itself so if a business is not serving its customers well, they go out of business. You would think that GM dealers have their collective tails between thier legs and would fight tooth and nail to keep thier customers happy. Especially the long time, loyal ones such as myself that are big time repeat customers, but it would appear this is not the way they think.

I find myself defending GM alot these days, I really do have a GM loyalists tough outer shell, but the thought of sueing them for what is right makes me sick to my stomach... I have now posted this on my Facebook page as I was embarassed to do so prior to this weekend as many of my peers drive BMW's, Audi's, Acuras and Volvo's yet I drive a domestic car. Some of my contacts know people in high places and will help with a media campaign as well as putting me in direct contact with the preident of the APA and other resources if this goes sour.

I do feel that I am being taken for a ride, but hey, I am still hopeful that this fantqstic corporate exec will pull off a minor miracle!

Ttys,
eB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I cant believe, theyre still putting you through this. Its absolutely BS. I dont get what theyre thinking at this point. Its a Clear problem that really has a very simple fix. Replace the entire engine, or lemon it. I cant believe GM is willing to struggle over all of this when it truly is a simple fix for them. To put a customer through all this really blows my mind. In my case, GM stepped in and really helped out. I can only hope they do the same for you. As for your dealer, theyre terrible but when you talk to all our Canadian buddies, youll notice that most of us dont like our dealers because of the terrible customer service. I really hope we can start getting some good dealers out here. I love the Camaro, i know we all do, but what your going through is just absolutely insane. And the worst part is more and more people will go through this. If they dont lemon your car soon, post up all this info on Autoblog, or steetfire. Something big, i cant believe how long your issue has been going for. Screw the value of your car, after all the issues, the headaches, i would be expecting compensation.
I really admire how you maintain composure, or atleast try to. Once again keep us posted, like you said, we have strenght in numbers, and if you need any help at all. Im all in. Any time.
Sorry for any misspelling, in the middle of alot of school work...lol

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #110
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver View Post
I appreciate your comments, you bring up some very good points. I usually think that the market takes care of itself so if a business is not serving its customers well, they go out of business. You would think that GM dealers have their collective tails between thier legs and would fight tooth and nail to keep thier customers happy. Especially the long time, loyal ones such as myself that are big time repeat customers, but it would appear this is not the way they think.

I find myself defending GM alot these days, I really do have a GM loyalists tough outer shell, but the thought of sueing them for what is right makes me sick to my stomach... I have now posted this on my Facebook page as I was embarassed to do so prior to this weekend as many of my peers drive BMW's, Audi's, Acuras and Volvo's yet I drive a domestic car. Some of my contacts know people in high places and will help with a media campaign as well as putting me in direct contact with the preident of the APA and other resources if this goes sour.

I do feel that I am being taken for a ride, but hey, I am still hopeful that this fantqstic corporate exec will pull off a minor miracle!

Ttys,
eB
I feel the same way about the passenger seat height fix.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #111
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Day 19, Hopefully I hear about what the problem is either by today or Wednesday. If I don't hear about it by wednesday I don't see how my car wont get lermoned. They have until next friday to have the car back in my possession and completely fixed.

Im happy everyone is supporting you Eric, itll be much easier for me when time comes for me to go into negotiations which if what you told me is right I'll definitely have to do so.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #112
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
The part that blows me away is the 43k he pays with the trade in of his car for a SS that's insane. That's the type of stuff you would expect from a vacuum salesmen or snakeoil salesmen. Disgusting really. You can hire a broker go get a 2010 camaro in the US for like 32-33k and still get to keep your car.

Tags
blown engine, v6 vs v8 trade in