Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #99
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Scott - I for one AM interested in a car that I can drive for hundreds of miles at a clip without hearing the drone of the exhaust, roar of the tires and whistling of the wind around the windows. Been there done that in the noise department my C4 Vette. I want a "big boys" car.
How it handles in the wet, snow and dry conditions is important to me. Even if it were a weekend driver, I'd still want to drive it...as much as I could in all conditions.
AND as was stated before in this thread, you need to write a book about the birthing process of the Gen5.
We (who appreciate the trials and tribulations you've been through) hang on your every word. Some of us in different industries and occupations who have been through the dark and trying days, can appreciate and understand the pissing contests and petty BS that you must have endured, when you just wanted to do the right thing and do it right. We applaud whatever you had to do so we can be proud of our choice and enjoy the the stares and drooling!
Ingnore the nay-sayers, complainers and cranks (does anyone really care about someones tire problems on this thread?)keep us informed and entertained. Let them go eslewhere to complain.
THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Last edited by KJS; 02-27-2009 at 11:37 PM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #100
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Scott - I for one AM interested in a car that I can drive for hundreds of miles at a clip without hearing the drone of the exhaust, roar of the tires and whistling of the wind around the windows. Been there done that in the noise department my C4 Vette. I want a "big boys" car.
How it handles in the wet, snow and dry conditions is important to me. Even if it were a w/end driver, I'd still want to drive it...as much as I could in all conditions.
AND as was stated before in this thread, you need to write a book about the birthing process of the Gen5.
We (who appreciate the trials and tribulations you've been through) hang on your every word. Some of us in different industries and occupations have been through the dark and trying days, and applaud whatever you had to do, to do it right.
Ingnore the nay-sayers, keep us informed and entertained. Let them go eslewhere to complain.
THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

First of all -- THANK YOU - very sincerely -- for your kind words...but please keep in mind that it takes the committment of thousands of people to bring you a great car -- and I can assure you that the men and women working on the Camaro are dedicated to bringing you the best Camaro ever.......

.........do you believe me? I don't expect you to -- the PROOF will be when you drive one for the first time! (perma-grin!)

Now -- as to writing a book -- I've had a few offers from people offering to be a 'ghost' writer for me - (and right now, that's what it would have to be -- ) -- but frankly, there are so many stories about this industry that far eclipse the day-to-day development of cars and trucks.......(most of it is not glamorous -- it's trying - it eats you up -- and it can kill you! -- because you see -- if you feel passionately about anything -- you're going to get opposing thoughts thrown in your face......)

Now -- if you want a GREAT insider view of the 5th Gen Camaro -- here's something I put out on the 'net a couple of weeks back........I STRONGLY suggest that you buy this book -- you won't regret it!

Here goes:

Good evening, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends..........

As most of you know, our Good Friend Larry Edsall is the author of the newest Camaro book:

>>>>CAMARO - A LEGEND REBORN<<<<<

.........and I know many of you have pre-ordered.

This is an in-depth look at how the 5th gen was born -- the many starts and stops -- and an insider's view on how great cars are designed, engineered, and built.

You might be interested to know that the BOOK has its own MySpace page -- as well as a photo gallery.

For those of you who have not yet ordered -- you may want to take a look -- this is a book I know every one of you will want to read.............

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=452407785

Photo gallery:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=241360

A 'lil tidbit -- Chapter one starts out with my remarks about August 27, 2002 -- and guys and gals -- I still can't read the first couple of paragraphs without experiencing a ton of emotions...........

..........read the book and let me know what you think!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #101
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Pirelli tires are garbage. They don't honor any kind of manufacturer defect or anything. I had 4 Pirelli P-Zero's on my Cobalt SS Supercharged (2006) and even though I brought my car faithfully to my Chevy dealership, not once did they suggest to rotate my tires and I blew two of them out before the 10K mark and a third one blew today. Seriously, I hope I don't get raped on my new 2010 Camaro and actually get good advice about keeping my car and my tires alive as long as they should. Pirelli wouldn't help me and Chevrolet wouldn't hone up to their poor professional advice by not suggesting a rotation when they should have. Really don't know why I stick with GM sometimes. Now I have to replace 2 more tires tomorrow now. Pirelli sucks balls.
You seem to be able to write English ...So I don't understand why you could not understand the clear and simple instructions in the Owners Manual regarding YOUR responsibilities to rotate the tires.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #102
Tal

Drives: Old
Glad you're lovin it, can't wait to get a chance myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
it MUST be a 21st century Camaro
I for one am looking forward to a 21st century Camaro, and all that entails.

Last edited by Tal; 02-28-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #103
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
First of all -- THANK YOU - very sincerely -- for your kind words...but please keep in mind that it takes the committment of thousands of people to bring you a great car -- and I can assure you that the men and women working on the Camaro are dedicated to bringing you the best Camaro ever.......

.........do you believe me? I don't expect you to -- the PROOF will be when you drive one for the first time! (perma-grin!)

Now -- as to writing a book -- I've had a few offers from people offering to be a 'ghost' writer for me - (and right now, that's what it would have to be -- ) -- but frankly, there are so many stories about this industry that far eclipse the day-to-day development of cars and trucks.......(most of it is not glamorous -- it's trying - it eats you up -- and it can kill you! -- because you see -- if you feel passionately about anything -- you're going to get opposing thoughts thrown in your face......)

Now -- if you want a GREAT insider view of the 5th Gen Camaro -- here's something I put out on the 'net a couple of weeks back........I STRONGLY suggest that you buy this book -- you won't regret it!

Here goes:

Good evening, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends..........

As most of you know, our Good Friend Larry Edsall is the author of the newest Camaro book:

>>>>CAMARO - A LEGEND REBORN<<<<<

.........and I know many of you have pre-ordered.

This is an in-depth look at how the 5th gen was born -- the many starts and stops -- and an insider's view on how great cars are designed, engineered, and built.

You might be interested to know that the BOOK has its own MySpace page -- as well as a photo gallery.

For those of you who have not yet ordered -- you may want to take a look -- this is a book I know every one of you will want to read.............

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=452407785

Photo gallery:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=241360

A 'lil tidbit -- Chapter one starts out with my remarks about August 27, 2002 -- and guys and gals -- I still can't read the first couple of paragraphs without experiencing a ton of emotions...........

..........read the book and let me know what you think!
__________________________________________________ _________

Ok where do I preorder? Got da have it!
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote