Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #99
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick

Why are you even in the V6 forum, jd?
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:07 AM   #100
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post

Why are you even in the V6 forum, jd?
- X
To keep my eye on you and DCJ
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:14 AM   #101
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
Wheres the mole? Lets have him hang some washers from string inside jd's body panels.

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #102
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post

Simple for me

My wife and I drive a lot for work = V6

I like to play around on the side = V8 and another woman

Each will have their place in my awesome world....................

Last edited by DCJ; 06-26-2009 at 08:26 AM.
DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #103
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Why the animosity about V8 and V6. I feel a common interest with anybody driving a Camaro. Have been a member of the Second Gen forum for years and no one compares 71 to 76 or Split grill to long aluminum on 77. They all have the desire for the Camaro in common and as such all appreciate that common link. Drop the V8 vs. V6 BS. We are the 2010 Camaro forum and owners group.

On another note, there are alot of guys here seem to have bought a SS as a hobby car, not a daily driver. If the car is to be a daily driver, bear in mind higher than 87 octane gas with rising prices around the corner and initial output of cash for the SS. BUT, I love the SS' and if I could have a car as a hobby car (which I did with my '77 with a 350 330 HP using 93 octane before) I'd get an SS as well. I just like that these guys chose the new Camaro over a Mustang or even a Vette.

Also, keep in mind, this V6 has more HP than early gen Camaro's in the 60's and 70's, INCLUDING soem Z28's. Even more than the infamous 327. That's awesome ! Add the new technology, handling package, out the door cost and whatacar !

Enjoy the bretheren regardless. Harley guys don't bang heads about model vs. model. They are all Harley drivers. Same for Camaro, Corvette, Mustang, etc. owners.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #104
jdbaker82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
Why the animosity about V8 and V6. I feel a common interest with anybody driving a Camaro. Have been a member of the Second Gen forum for years and no one compares 71 to 76 or Split grill to long aluminum on 77. They all have the desire for the Camaro in common and as such all appreciate that common link. Drop the V8 vs. V6 BS. We are the 2010 Camaro forum and owners group.

On another note, there are alot of guys here seem to have bought a SS as a hobby car, not a daily driver. If the car is to be a daily driver, bear in mind higher than 87 octane gas with rising prices around the corner and initial output of cash for the SS. BUT, I love the SS' and if I could have a car as a hobby car (which I did with my '77 with a 350 330 HP using 93 octane before) I'd get an SS as well. I just like that these guys chose the new Camaro over a Mustang or even a Vette.

Also, keep in mind, this V6 has more HP than early gen Camaro's in the 60's and 70's, INCLUDING soem Z28's. Even more than the infamous 327. That's awesome ! Add the new technology, handling package, out the door cost and whatacar !

Enjoy the bretheren regardless. Harley guys don't bang heads about model vs. model. They are all Harley drivers. Same for Camaro, Corvette, Mustang, etc. owners.
I am sorry but I never thought about V6 mustang or V6 camaro owners as car enthusiasts just your typical everyday drivers that probably haven't read a auto magazine in their lifetime.

The new V6 may change things somewhat but it's still not a V8.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #105
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
:troll: quiet you.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #106
jdbaker82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
:troll: quiet you.
Moving up in the world I see

Ford focus!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #107
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
I am sorry but I never thought about V6 mustang or V6 camaro owners as car enthusiasts just your typical everyday drivers that probably haven't read a auto magazine in their lifetime.

You are right...most V6 owners are not car enthusiasts... never been on a forum, never been to a car show... just enjoy there car... I'm sure the same is true with V8 owner, just on a smaller scale...

There are however a few of us that are very much car enthusiast.... what we lack in numbers I make up in body mass!!! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #108
calflan

Quote:

Would you consider an enthusiast someone who loves to drive fun cars ... for instance manual transmissions ??
Take a look at the listing of VINs and deliveries and see how many automatic transmission SS' there are being delivered. I have to ask, why get a V8 with over 400 HP and an auto transmission ?
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
Old 06-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #109
jdbaker82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
Would you consider an enthusiast someone who loves to drive fun cars ... for instance manual transmissions ??
Take a look at the listing of VINs and deliveries and see how many automatic transmission SS' there are being delivered. I have to ask, why get a V8 with over 400 HP and an auto transmission ?
You would be surprised how popular automatics are in drag racing.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #110
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Times have changed.

With the LLT being a strong motor. Forced induction making small engines fast. The broke enthusiast can now have a slice of the pie and eat it.

Merriam-Webster definition
en·thu·si·ast
a person filled with enthusiasm: as a: one who is ardently attached to a cause, object, or pursuit <a sports car enthusiast> b: one who tends to become ardently absorbed in an interest

Now take all this "Enthusiast only buy v8's" bullsh!t and shove it up your arse! I f*cking love this car, and I'm getting the v6.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #111
calflan

Quote:
You would be surprised how popular automatics are in drag racing.
I would consider a drag racer beyond the street enthusiast who reads magazines, does forums, etc. If somone has the backing to drag race as a hobby, I can't see a street rod at street speeds satisfying them. A bike - ABSOLUTELY.

I love cars and have built several, read, forum, etc. and have been waiting for this car to come out since they dropped it several years ago. I want to drive this car everyday. My '77 was a daily driver, but the 93 octane and 11 mpg made it not cost effective for my daily passion driver. This car with a 300 HP V6 does. I believe there are many others in Camaros and Mustangs and Chargers that feel the same way. I really can't see a SS being a daily driver. I'd almost consider it, at this tiem, a collectors item.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #112
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
My V6 Mustang was in fact my Daily Driver (including SNOW!), my Show Car (and a room full of trophies) and my Race Car (local brackets and Fun Ford Weekends). I never let the fact that it was a 6 get in my way... I was always enthusiastic about my car!

I'm geeked about my 2LT... I really like this car... I promised my wife I wouldn't build another show car... but soon as the my schedule allows I'll be at the track!!! I don't enter Heads Up stuff.. I stick with the brackets where CONSISTENCY is King! Which is why I prefer an AUTOMATIC! LOL!

Did I mention I love the SPORT MODE!!! WOOHOO!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote