Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a track day class.
YES 11 57.89%
Maybe depending..... 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #99
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Absolute blast guys. The track was very technical and we had some great instruction. Looking forward to going back for some 20 min sessions from time to time. Very impressed with how much faster the 1LEs were. My SS handled well but I could not carry near the speed through the turns.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #100
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Here is video of my best lap. Working on Debbie's to post later.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #101
TopperHarley

Drives: yellow 1LE 2SS
Yep, it was bad ass. I have been driving racing simulators for the past 20 years. It was challenging and thrillng to go out there and do the real thing. Totally awesome!

Anyone up to do some practice laps on Saturday morning?
TopperHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #102
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
Here is video of my best lap. Working on Debbie's to post later.

What was the name of the tracking program you used? Harry's something or other. I sure others will be asking after watching the video you posted. Heck, I want to know how you did all that. Technically challenged I am....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperHarley View Post
Yep, it was bad ass. I have been driving racing simulators for the past 20 years. It was challenging and thrillng to go out there and do the real thing. Totally awesome!

Anyone up to do some practice laps on Saturday morning?

Glad you had a good time. I would love to but I work Saturdays. We'll need to set up another event.

Side Note: JT is working on the photos. He took over 16 Gig of pictures and that's going to take a little time to sift through. He said he took a couple short videos as well. I'll see if they're anything worth while.

Last edited by krazzyk01; 10-07-2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Technically challenged I am....
krazzyk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #103
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
What was the name of the tracking program you used?
Harry's LapTimer
Old 10-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #104
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Here is another video. The PiP is my best lap so I can compare runs. This app is sooooo awesome.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #105
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Bought it for Android. Funny how the Apple version is $20 and the Android is $9...

Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #106
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Topper I may be in for a Sat but not sure yet on schedule. This Saturday is a manufacturer testing session according to the DrivewayAustin schedule. Might be fun to go watch. I want to get the lap timer for next time.

BTW Harry's lap timer appears to be the standard timer program. Need a 4s or higher iPhone for the GPS to be accurate enough, or get a plug in.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #107
TopperHarley

Yeah, the calendar on their site does not even mention "open practice" on Saturday like on other days. It does mention open practice on Sunday, but there is other karting events too. I guess we would need to call in and see when we could get on the track. I would be good to go for Sunday morning also. Or the following weekend.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #108
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

There are three tiers to the app...I am using the Grand Prix edition. If you buy a lower level version you can upgrade later.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #109
TopperHarley

I will be downloading Harry's laptimer app for my samsung 4s before I get back on the track. I think you definitely want someway to gauge how you are doing, and from what I have been reading, this app can do that.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #110
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

I want to apologize to you all for not being very involved with this thread since the day at the track. We, my brother and I, have been dealing with a family emergency which has consumed all of our attention over the past week. Today will/should be the first chance I've had to really sit down and focus on posting a couple pics and processing the videos I shot during the track day. Now I just need to figure out how to rotate my GoPro videos 90 degrees.....
Old 10-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #111
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyk01 View Post
I want to apologize to you all for not being very involved with this thread since the day at the track. We, my brother and I, have been dealing with a family emergency which has consumed all of our attention over the past week. Today will/should be the first chance I've had to really sit down and focus on posting a couple pics and processing the videos I shot during the track day. Now I just need to figure out how to rotate my GoPro videos 90 degrees.....
Hey krazzyk01,
You can use free software, such as Windows Essentials Movie Maker, to Rotate your videos left or right 90 degrees.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #112
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

All,

Here are the two group pictures JT has given me. Unfortunately, his family is still dealing with an urgent matter. He will have more pictures ready soon. Keep an eye on his website for more.

Very sorry for the delay on getting these to y'all.

These don't seem to be coming across in full res on here. If you'd like a higher quality version please PM me with an email address and I'll send them directly to you. Please be aware, one of the pictures is just shy of 5 meg and the other is about 19 meg so they're big files. Not all email accounts will accept something so large. If anyone wants them I'll try and zip them to make them smaller but I don't know how much smaller that'll make them.