Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #99
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Love it gents, let's do it! If anyone else is interested...

Since we are from all over CA, let me throw out my thoughts:

1st choice: 3/7 - 3/8 Buttonwillow 13CW with Speed Ventures
2nd choice: 6/26 – 6/28 Laguna Seca unlimited dB, Speed Ventures

I'm going to be attending some others in NorCal, if you guys want to venture up this high:

2/7 - 2/8 Sonoma with HOD (if no rain)
2/14 Thunderhill 5-mile with HOD (if it doesn't rain)

Todd
Well with the wife due in March choice one is out. But count me in for 2nd choice! Tow rig will be all set up and car will have some mods done by then!
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #100
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Well with the wife due in March choice one is out. But count me in for 2nd choice! Tow rig will be all set up and car will have some mods done by then!
Nice! I saw your new truck. I think I'm headed in that direction eventually too, there is a giant sucking sound at my wallet but I'm continuing to resist for now.

By the way, I am tracking this Friday at Laguna Seca too, maiden voyage with the new motor. NorCal Shelby Club is hosting. If you can slip out the back door day after Thanksgiving without rocking the boat of course.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #101
Balue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Nice! I saw your new truck. I think I'm headed in that direction eventually too, there is a giant sucking sound at my wallet but I'm continuing to resist for now.

By the way, I am tracking this Friday at Laguna Seca too, maiden voyage with the new motor. NorCal Shelby Club is hosting. If you can slip out the back door day after Thanksgiving without rocking the boat of course.
Would love to but on family mini vaca right now and car is still at dealer . Good luck with the maiden voyage sure she is going to run great!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #102
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Well i took my car to the dealer today and had the service manager drive it. He was able to feel what im talking about with my clutch pedal, so at least they now know what im talking about. He said "that's bizarre" and he would have to do some research and try and figure what the hell is going on, so at least he isn't distancing himself from my problem and it will get fixed. My car is at home so hopefully they will have some answers and can get her fixed next week.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #103
Balue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Well i took my car to the dealer today and had the service manager drive it. He was able to feel what im talking about with my clutch pedal, so at least they now know what im talking about. He said "that's bizarre" and he would have to do some research and try and figure what the hell is going on, so at least he isn't distancing himself from my problem and it will get fixed. My car is at home so hopefully they will have some answers and can get her fixed next week.
When I was there yesterday for mine he showed me a bulletin that stated improper use of launch control I laughed at him and told him I never used it once or have even done a burn out in this car. Didn't buy it to go straight or put on smoke shows not to mention launch control is way to high of an rpm
Old 11-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #104
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Launch control in road racing....i dont think so!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #105

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Launch control is very hard on the clutch....I used it once at the drags, the clutch smelled to high heaven all day....(and the pedal wouldn't come up for the other shifts....It did eventually go back to normal on it's own...and I won't ever try to use it again...lol)....

Launch control is a feature of Competitive Mode, but only "works" on dead stop launches...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #106
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Launch control is very hard on the clutch....I used it once at the drags, the clutch smelled to high heaven all day....(and the pedal wouldn't come up for the other shifts....It did eventually go back to normal on it's own...and I won't ever try to use it again...lol)....

Launch control is a feature of Competitive Mode, but only "works" on dead stop launches...
I don't get it. You're supposed to dump the clutch and the engine manages the torque; why would it be hard on the clutch surface and cause smell? Perhaps your clutch was slipping?

I have never tried it on the 1LE, but I tried launch control on my 2013 Z06 and 2012 Grand Sport, and I had no smell whatsoever (though I had wheel-hop with the Grand Sport).
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #107

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
I don't get it. You're supposed to dump the clutch and the engine manages the torque; why would it be hard on the clutch surface and cause smell? Perhaps your clutch was slipping?

I have never tried it on the 1LE, but I tried launch control on my 2013 Z06 and 2012 Grand Sport, and I had no smell whatsoever (though I had wheel-hop with the Grand Sport).
It's not supposed to slip, and the wheels aren't supposed to spin... I think that's the main idea...but I don't think it works as advertised....I'm not the only one....I've heard of many others who refuse to use LaunchControl at the drags, the preferred method is just take off traction control....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #108
X25

It probably does not work as well if you guys are using very sticky drag tires. I always tried them with OEM tires; what they were tested against during development.
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #109
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Indeed, it must be the slave cylinder. That's what gets damaged when clutch is used with overly contaminated fluid for a long time. We had that issue on our C5 Z06; new slave cylinder solved it.
I totally agree with you. I also owned a c5 z06 and am quite familiar with the "clutch pedal woes". After much research, I came to find that a tick master cylinder was the way to solve the problem.

I would hope you look into this OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
I noted my concern that they may have damaged it when the porter kept turning it over and over while in gear and the pedal on the floor.
Im not sure what you are talking about here. The clutch would not be damaged by such action. It would be no more damaging than "popping" the clutch on a launch.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #110
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
It probably does not work as well if you guys are using very sticky drag tires. I always tried them with OEM tires; what they were tested against during development.
Havent used "launch control" yet. How exactly does it work?

I remember reading that while on comp mode and on a dead stop, to mash the gas pedal and pop/side step the clutch. Does this mean that it will work like a 2 step and peg the rpms at a certain rpm (say 3k) before side stepping the clutch and then regulate traction after launch?
Old 11-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #111
X25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Havent used "launch control" yet. How exactly does it work?

I remember reading that while on comp mode and on a dead stop, to mash the gas pedal and pop/side step the clutch. Does this mean that it will work like a 2 step and peg the rpms at a certain rpm (say 3k) before side stepping the clutch and then regulate traction after launch?
When the car is in competition or PTM mode, you fully press the clutch, put it in first gear, and then give full throttle. If everything worked out, you should see the RPM not exceeding 4000 RPM range despite you giving full throttle. Then you drop the clutch keeping full throtttle and the launch control modulates the engine power to match available traction. It automatically aborts if you reduce throttle. It's a pretty cool system, and is very consistent. It's not good for the drag racer who is after every tenths of a second, but great for someone who needs consistency (bracket racing?).
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
Old 11-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #112
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Those that have tracked, question concerning your 1LE's clutch

Check this out. Seems the salve cylinder has a weak point that can cause the bearing and slave to go south: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383607

Last edited by CrystalRedTintcoat; 11-26-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling erro
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote