Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #85
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
147 pphu is still not acceptable as an industry average....it should be lower then that.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #86
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
147 pphu is still not acceptable as an industry average....it should be lower then that.
Those last two drug the average down I would say.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #87
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Those last two drug the average down I would say.
Yes ..I would say from ford ..down. The 14 pphu is the biggest gap between manufactures. Till you get further down.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #88
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6waiter View Post
any car can be reliable if "Properly Maintained."
Not really. Sometimes bad design can't be overcome by any amount of "proper maintenance." For example, two of the worst cars I've ever owned were the Dodge Intrepid. There were more design issues with that vehicle in just about every aspect, most notable the transmission. One car the tranny had to be rebuilt at 1500 miles, the other at 20,000. There were so many engineering changes that most shops hated working on them.

I also own two Fords, one an Edge and the other a Focus. The Edge has been great after 40K miles, the '13 Focus has been nothing but a problem with the transmission and shifting. I've had it back 4 times for the same shifting issue. Finally Ford admitted it was a design flaw and replaced the clutch pack with a newer design. Problem solved after two years of screwing around.

So, while your statement has some validity in that some people just don't take care of cars and then blame the manufacturer, there are those that are engineered wrong from the start.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #89
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I have become spoiled with my car and if something happened to it today, I would be ordering a new '15 1LE, no question about it. What about gen 6? That depends on what Chevy has to offer. If I didn't like the next gen. Camaro, I wouldn't buy one just because.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #90
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I have become spoiled with my car and if something happened to it today, I would be ordering a new '15 1LE, no question about it. What about gen 6? That depends on what Chevy has to offer. If I didn't like the next gen. Camaro, I wouldn't buy one just because.
same here. just cannot explain with words alone how much I enjoy my 1LE. pure driving enjoyment and not a bad looker. if Chevy messes up the Gen6 I won't sugarcoat my criticism and I won't buy one either. makes me a little queasy waiting to see the 2016. I did not like the most recent shadow sneak pic posted here recently. not at all.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #91
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Top Ford motor vs entry level motor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCam99 View Post
Our society is so fickle today... Brand loyalty can be a positive thing. Yes, GM is a corporation. Corporations are made up of PEOPLE (good and bad) so they are not some evil entity like the media makes them out to be. They have good times and bad times. Is it bad to want to make some money? Don't you get up in the morning to go to work and make money?

If you are loyal to GM (or any corp) you are loyal to those workers and what they've created. You help give them the jobs they have to do more and continue to improve their product and their service. GM has always given my family reliable vehicles and fair service prices. I like the people. So I ask, why NOT be loyal to that...?

I don't think I would have been able to afford my ZL1 if GM hadn't taken into consideration I have been a loyal customer all my life and given me every rebate they could. Maybe the loyalty worked both ways there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSS View Post
Trademaster, something one learns, especially as a former Finance Manager, there is a definate emotional side to the car buying process, for 90% of people, it is not just a monetary transaction. You are not accounting for the human element.
Quote:
Brand loyalty is very strong...people that don't get this is very confusing to me.
True!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #92
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAG1LE View Post
I've been reading up on the new 2016 GT350's flat-plane cranked 4v 8200 RPM 500+ HP beast engine. I must say it's a nice set up. The 2016 LT1 from Chevy is nice too however, it's a 2v old school set up with only 460 HP at 6200 RPM. Not too shabby either...

I love Chevy don’t get me wrong. Hell I have a built 498 BBC with 150 shot of nitrous pushing 1000 HP in my K5 Blazer. It’s just the new VOODOO engine from Ford is wicked!

Hard decisions coming up this fall for me.
How can you compare the two engines? The mustang GT is for the SS , not the GT350!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #93
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Yes ..I would say from ford ..down. The 14 pphu is the biggest gap between manufactures. Till you get further down.
Ford's ratings took a pretty big hit over their problematic "MyFordTouch" system, and I don't think they're over it yet. Before that, they were much further up the chart.

I get that brand loyalty can be a strong thing - I've certainly seen it in action. But that doesn't necessarily make it a good thing, and I'd always consider "brand loyalty" to rank below what I'll call "me loyalty". As in, at any given car buying time, who's got the car that best fits what I want out of a car this time around? Which cars are going to make it into the elimination rounds and which one of those is going to end up at the top of the heap?

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #94
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Ford's ratings took a pretty big hit over their problematic "MyFordTouch" system, and I don't think they're over it yet. Before that, they were much further up the chart.

I get that brand loyalty can be a strong thing - I've certainly seen it in action. But that doesn't necessarily make it a good thing, and I'd always consider "brand loyalty" to rank below what I'll call "me loyalty". As in, at any given car buying time, who's got the car that best fits what I want out of a car this time around? Which cars are going to make it into the elimination rounds and which one of those is going to end up at the top of the heap?

Norm
I grew up in a Chevy family, for the most part I have been brand loyal. When I have strayed I was always disappointed with what I had and came back to Chevy, except for the Saturns I have owned. Even though Saturn was part of GM they did not look or feel like a GM car. Even the Vue I have now, and it has more GM shared parts than any other Saturn I had before.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #95
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
I am loyal to companies who make good products. Rather they are made by Europe, japan or the US. overall i prefer GM over ford though.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #96
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

I'm a Chevy guy but if the 5th Gen never came out I'd have a challenger or maybe a C6 Corvette because I love the look!