Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #11341
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I'm just gonna run the stocker for now. If I get another one, I'm going with Vararam I think.

Yeah, Pat told me. I double checked the link I sent to him and it takes me directly to the V6 LLT TB. I would have guessed Apex would overnight the correct one. Guess they didn't?
Nope. I didn't talk to anyone at Apex, he handled it since I work during the day. I was hoping they would overnight me the correct one, considering they sent me the wrong one! Oh well. I'll get it worked out I suppose!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #11342
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Good videos. Who put that day together? I was on a list a year or two ago to go up there but they cancelled it. Didn't see one advertised last year. Impressive going past an Elise so easy. Are they slowing down on purpose (rules?) or just scared of the damp track? Bet that full day of soaked runs at Mid Ohio helped ease the worry of a little dampness.

Here are the flags.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #11343
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Here are the flags.
I know these so well, except the red striped yellow. They hardly use it at the tracks we run.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #11344
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I know these so well, except the red striped yellow. They hardly use it at the tracks we run.
I actually saw the yellow with red stripes because the track was wet and everyone was kicking sod onto the track when they spun off/out.

A few people saw the blue flag with yellow diagonal when I came up behind them
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #11345
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I actually saw the yellow with red stripes because the track was wet and everyone was kicking sod onto the track when they spun off/out.

A few people saw the blue flag with yellow diagonal when I came up behind them
Well with sprint cars we don't usually have to worry about sod on the track. The don't typically let us run when its wet either. There are times though when they don't quite get fluids on the track cleaned up as well as they should. Haven't done any road racing, or driven on a road course yet. Now dirt is a whole nother beast, I expect to see the blue witht he yellow diagonal a few times till i get the hang of it if i decide to move up. I just find pavement more challenging at the moment.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #11346
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Well with sprint cars we don't usually have to worry about sod on the track. The don't typically let us run when its wet either. There are times though when they don't quite get fluids on the track cleaned up as well as they should. Haven't done any road racing, or driven on a road course yet. Now dirt is a whole nother beast, I expect to see the blue witht he yellow diagonal a few times till i get the hang of it if i decide to move up. I just find pavement more challenging at the moment.
Ya, pavement is a faster pace and is something that fits my behavior, consistent and predictable.

I think you will be fine and will LOVE it
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #11347
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Alright, this will probably be the most pathetic question I will ever ask on c5. I know a few of you have gotten drag radials though.

I am looking for an 18'' wheel that will clear the calipers and it somewhat cheap. I know nothing about wheel sizes or off sets or that stuff . Also looking for the drag radials so suggestions appreciated. Just need them for the rears. Working on a $700 budget if possible. If someone could link me to a wheel that would fit that would be great thanks!
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #11348
blue-bayou

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS/Stick
A couple years back, Hot Rod had an article where they put on 18" Z06 wheels without issues. Only thing is the bolt pattern is slightly different. So i would imagine if you are able to locate wheels that fit a C6 vette but are able to get the correct bolt pattern then you should be golden. I've looked into smaller wheels for quite some time, but the costs and return policies for wheels (usually non-returnable)) have prohibited me from making any commitments. Plus I am trying to get down to 17" so I could run slicks.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #11349
nak3dsnake

The two bolt patterns are very close. The Camaro is 5x120mm and the C6 is 5-120.65mm. So you could have them modified to fit.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #11350
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Wow I have not been in here for a minute.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #11351
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Adam This guy sold his but this is what you are looking for in essence.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228862
Old 01-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #11352
blue-bayou

Now, that's just mean

But, goes to show you that someone, somewhere out there has exactly what you need.

Something else to consider, is having your hubs redrilled for 5x4.75. That in itself opens your options for wheel selection(that is if you have reservations about using a slightly off bolt pattern. Long term I wouldn't use mismatched patterns but for track only duty-maybe). I would like to buy a second set of hubs and have them redrilled just so I could go back to original if wanted. So many options, which direction to go?

I was looking at Summit and 18 inch wheels with 5x4.75 bolt pattern can be had for a reasonable amount. 5x120 not so much.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #11353
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Alright, this will probably be the most pathetic question I will ever ask on c5. I know a few of you have gotten drag radials though.

I am looking for an 18'' wheel that will clear the calipers and it somewhat cheap. I know nothing about wheel sizes or off sets or that stuff . Also looking for the drag radials so suggestions appreciated. Just need them for the rears. Working on a $700 budget if possible. If someone could link me to a wheel that would fit that would be great thanks!
Don't feel bad, I have some and still don't know much about offsets, etc. Just bought the same setup others had used.

Weld Racing RT-S71 Style LW Street Rims:
- 18x8 Front Rims wrapped with Pirelli PZero 255/55/18 Tires
- 18x10.5 Rear Rims wrapped with Mickey Thompson 305/45/18 Street II Drag Radials

If $700 is your "per wheel" budget (not including tires), these work. If $700 is the budget, better look for used or knock-offs.
Bought from: ECS
Some pics later in the thread. Black painted option

As far as DR's, the Mickey's work great. Definitely hook up sooner than stock on the track. That said, they'll work your drivetrain harder when they do hook.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #11354
blue-bayou

I was hoping you would chime in. Is yours lowered as well?
And do you have any issues with the control arms close to rubbing or is it pretty spacious in that area?

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?