Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #11845
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
That is very misleading. You got to remember it's a performance company trying to sell a product. That car is far from stock. They probably mean it has a stock bottom end ,but three passes don't mean it's reliable.
This^^^

They said in the video it's a stock motor and stock tranny....

Here's the mod list for the car...

Modification List
-Factory Stock Coyote Engine
-Factory Stock 6R80 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
-Circle D Specialties Pro Series Billet Torque Converter
-Ford Racing/Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger @ 12.5lbs of Boost
-75lb Fuel Injectors
-Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
-L&M Dual 66mm Throttle Body
-123mm Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
-JLT Billet Oil Separators
-Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Dyno Tune
-American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3" Collector and Off-Road X-Pipe
-Borla Catback Exhaust System
-Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
-Ford Racing Lowering Springs
-Evolution Upper Control Arm and Mount
-Evolution Billet Lower Control Arms
-Evolution Adjustable Panhard Bar and Brace
-Black Weld RT-S Wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Street D.O.T. Tires
-109 Octane Unleaded Fuel

So it's running race gas, a twin screw SC, a full performance exhaust/headers setup, upgraded injectors (not stock), upgraded torque converter (not stock), completely modified suspension....and a few other goodies plus a hellacious (awesome) tune...

It was a nice video...but still misleading...
Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #11846
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post

I said JUST JUST JUST JUST a supercharger. When he stated that the guy just added a supercharger, I stated he had to have more than just a couple bolt ons to get there...

The guy at SVTPerformance also has more than JUST a supercharger....(keep in mind when you say exhaust I'm assuming its a full headers/exhaust setup).

You WILL NOT slap a supercharger kit on a stock GT and run mid to low 10's without additional changes/mods. Anything that you add beyond the SC is supporting mods and thats what I said all along...

A lot of the Mustang's I've seen running low numbers are generally on DR's and in order to get any kind of legit passes (outside of a private rental) would have to be caged anyways... so I'm guessing they're probably messing with the weight. I also agree that a lot of shops fail to mention how much weight reduction has been made when dealing with ALL modified cars, Camaros included.
well that... and 12.x - 10.x is 2 seconds not 3.

so he was off on that part as well
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #11847
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
5. Adam@ST - 10.11 @ 139.31 mph, (Supercharger/Kenne Bell, Exhaust Converter, 17'' Slicks), (L99 A6)
Wonder how far he is.....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...16#post2556116
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #11848
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I like when people list four or more mods and then say "only." It's kind of funny
Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #11849
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
5. Adam@ST - 10.11 @ 139.31 mph, (Supercharger/Kenne Bell, Exhaust Converter, 17'' Slicks), (L99 A6)
Wonder how far he is.....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...16#post2556116

This is misleading also, seeing that Adam was running a forged LS3 at 20 psi. boost AND cam on thise runs.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #11850
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
This was at ATCO Raceway in New Jersey, too. So I bet the DA helped him a bit as well

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #11851
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKL View Post
Then it's kind of weird to says it has the "SVT tuned suspension" because reworked suspension is part of the SVT Performance Package. Technically it's true, because the entire car is an SVT car, and therefore even the base suspension is "SVT tuned" but it seemed like they were telling you it was something extra/special when it isn't, it's a no option car.

And unless they changed what it's called midyear, which I'm pretty sure they haven't, it's called the SVT Performance Package. Different shocks/struts and swaybars, different wheels and tires, 3.73s, and some minor appearance/interior changes.
The "SVT Tuned Suspension" was listed on the window sticker
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #11852
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
This^^^

They said in the video it's a stock motor and stock tranny....

Here's the mod list for the car...

Modification List
-Factory Stock Coyote Engine
-Factory Stock 6R80 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
-Circle D Specialties Pro Series Billet Torque Converter
-Ford Racing/Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger @ 12.5lbs of Boost
-75lb Fuel Injectors
-Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
-L&M Dual 66mm Throttle Body
-123mm Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
-JLT Billet Oil Separators
-Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Dyno Tune
-American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3" Collector and Off-Road X-Pipe
-Borla Catback Exhaust System
-Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
-Ford Racing Lowering Springs
-Evolution Upper Control Arm and Mount
-Evolution Billet Lower Control Arms
-Evolution Adjustable Panhard Bar and Brace
-Black Weld RT-S Wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Street D.O.T. Tires
-109 Octane Unleaded Fuel

So it's running race gas, a twin screw SC, a full performance exhaust/headers setup, upgraded injectors (not stock), upgraded torque converter (not stock), completely modified suspension....and a few other goodies plus a hellacious (awesome) tune...

It was a nice video...but still misleading...
you guys crack me up.
the video itself lists the major mods, but the video was not misleading in anyway...it said stock motor and tranny and thats precisely correct.

the longblock and tranny itself is stock.

this reminds me of a discussion on a mustang board about yall GM guys calling your cars "cam only".
sure we know it doesnt just have an aftermarket cam. its just the lingo.
kind of like if youre at a speed shop and you want to lower your compression and the guy says "put a piston in it". hopefully common sense prevails and one realizes he talking about replacing all the pistons with low compression pistons, not just one.
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #11853
Njja

Drives: 2011 Shelby, 2005 SSR, 2011 2SS/RS
Package comes with 3.73 gears. I paid 51 OTD for mine, loaded no sun roof. They are not easy to find, but usually have no miles (mine had 4) since they usually don't do test drives. 55 miles is unusual, car is extremely well built with excellent fit and finish. Engine compartment is terrific......no engine cover!
Njja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #11854
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Unleash the beast.......an unrestricted Camaro.

all this means , for you mustang ( the god car) guys , is they are close.
always close.

thinking one is better than the other significantly......LOMAO

I wasted A GT500 at my local track......auto vs stick..

yep i guess them real stang drivers drive a stick...or nothing

OH and that was my CTS-V intake / exhaust.

You guys forget GM was in the middle of a bailout when the hurried the camaro.

a few suspension pieces and detail to weight....and that .1 of a lead on the road course GT Vs SS is a grain of sand.

true the GT was always in production all the more reason to perfect it.

i'm sure with the bailout they weren't concentrating on the maro as much

but BOOM it still out selling the stang... STILL
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #11855
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:

I said JUST JUST JUST JUST a supercharger. When he stated that the guy just added a supercharger, I stated he had to have more than just a couple bolt ons to get there...

The guy at SVTPerformance also has more than JUST a supercharger....(keep in mind when you say exhaust I'm assuming its a full headers/exhaust setup).

You WILL NOT slap a supercharger kit on a stock GT and run mid to low 10's without additional changes/mods. Anything that you add beyond the SC is supporting mods and thats what I said all along...
Well you responded to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Wrong. I'm anti-mustang, but a guy that works with has a new 5.0 that runs 10.30@131 on low boost with just a couple bolt ons and a supercharger. Stock suspension. He's currently upgrading injectors so he can up the boost to get in the 9's. It won't be long
With this. . .

Quote:
Considering the GT500 doesn't run that kind of times, and it's a factory supercharged motor, I'd say he's got more than a couple bolt ons...

Adding to that, at some point the power being put down overpowers the tires/suspension and can't launch properly. Was a problem among many the Terminator Mustangs at one point if I recall......
You seem to have changed your position
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #11856
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Just for the hell of it I called my local Ford dealer to see what the very best price I could do on a 2012 Shelby GT500, this is a base model, no navigation or glass roof. but did have the SVTTuned Susp. It's Grabber blue with white stripes. Dealer has it on the lot with 55 miles on the car. His best price using all discounts avail. is $46,500, the best interest rate to be had is 2.25 % for 72 months. All in all not a bad deal but too steep of a monthly payment for me at this time. And when you consider that a fully loaded 2SS can run well over 40k GM needs to work on pricing. Anyways this gives you an idea of the actual sale prices out there. GM will have to price the new ZL1 in the 48-52K range to compete IMO.
Considering the GT500 is the top end Mustang, and the SS is the current top end Camaro....it's not really as big a deal as you think.

Once the ZL1 debuts, it'll force the price down for the mid range SS as the ZL1 will then be king of the hill....

You also have to understand that 2SS package just adds frills, not performance....so you should still be looking at a 1SS for comparison...
Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #11857
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post

the longblock and tranny itself is stock.
Stock means you rolled it off the assembly line and slapped it in the car and called it a day.....

It doesn't mean add a new upgraded torque converter to the transmission and call it "stock". It's no longer stock.

It doesn't mean upgrade the injectors and a few other minor pieces and call it "stock". Stock means nothing on the motor is changed.....and that is why it's misleading.

Swapping out an intake for a better one, okay... i'll ignore that....but upgrading a throttle body, injectors, etc....that's not stock...

Quote:
Apparently you're the one that needs to because he said supercharger and bolt ons. HE never said JUST JUST JUST JUST a supercharger and YOU were the one responding to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post

You seem to have changed your position
Actually, I was responding to this...

Quote:
That's a pretty silly argument. The GT500 is lower compression with a roots blower (I bet the 5.0 in question is centrifugal) and doesn't have the heads/cams/valvetrain that the 5.0 does.

5.0s with centrifiguals and NOTHING else are making 530-550 at the wheels from what I've seen, quite a bit more than a stock GT500.
Of which I stated...

Quote:
Actually it's not...

I don't care what supercharger you buy, you aren't going to shave 3 seconds off a 1/4 mile with just a supercharger. I mean hell, if it was that simple and easy, most of us would do it and call it a day...

Comparing a n/a car with a supercharger added to the same style of car with a factory supercharger is a fairly good comparison. 550hp supercharged vs. 412hp + supercharger. Most of the supercharger kits are at most, going to put the Mustang around 620hp....and trust me, if you are going to spend the extra 6-8k to do it, you probably have the money to afford a GT500...

the problem is that it got mixed up inside like 3 discussions..
Old 07-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #11858
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I am not a mod, but will remind everyone to keep it civil or the thread will get closed. I for one would prefer it stay open.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video