Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #113
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Im not sure what you are talking about here. The clutch would not be damaged by such action. It would be no more damaging than "popping" the clutch on a launch.
It was basically like "popping the clutch on launch" WHILE standing on the brake. Basically all that power on the clutch/drive train with no where to go. SOMETHING will give, and generally the weakest point, in this case the clutch! Now it may have had some pressure on it, not sure since I was not in the drivers seat. BUT, I could hear the clutch making not normal sounds while he was doing this. Hence my "concern" of damage. The service adviser acknowledged this and did not hesitate to replace the clutch when mentioned. In fact when I went in to the service office all the advisers showed concern and the closest to the door went out yelling at the porter to stop, get out of the car and leave it where it was.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #114
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
It was basically like "popping the clutch on launch" WHILE standing on the brake. Basically all that power on the clutch/drive train with no where to go. SOMETHING will give, and generally the weakest point, in this case the clutch! Now it may have had some pressure on it, not sure since I was not in the drivers seat. BUT, I could hear the clutch making not normal sounds while he was doing this. Hence my "concern" of damage. The service adviser acknowledged this and did not hesitate to replace the clutch when mentioned. In fact when I went in to the service office all the advisers showed concern and the closest to the door went out yelling at the porter to stop, get out of the car and leave it where it was.
Even if he was standing on the brake as you suggest, it would be no more damaging than stalling the car. Sounds like a blessing in disguise since you are now getting a new clutch out of it. Make sure to get a Tick Master Cylinder. Your problems will go away.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #115
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Even if he was standing on the brake as you suggest, it would be no more damaging than stalling the car. Sounds like a blessing in disguise since you are now getting a new clutch out of it. Make sure to get a Tick Master Cylinder. Your problems will go away.
See here is the issue, he initially stalled it because the pedal hit the floor with out disengaging the clutch, OK stalled no harm no foul like you state. If he stopped there I would have had ZERO concern. BUT then he tried to start it over and over and over and over with clutch engaged and in gear! I noticed my car bucking in place and heard some bad screeching and grinding until I ran up and yelled at him to stop! This is FIRST reason for concern!

Second reason is previous week when I picked it up the clutch felt great until next morning and worse the morning after when the pedal would not come all the way up. But the clutch still felt fine. engagement was normal and had bite to it. Then yesterday pedal felt fine but clutch was "slipping" into engagement, no more bite just eased out and no bite to it at all. Even once moving shifts were soft. I could release quick and no bite at all it just kind of slipped into gear. Probably could not have chirped second if I tried, felt like it would have slipped worse.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #116
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Launch control on the Camaro is bad news. And you can easily beat it yourself.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #117
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Check this out. Seems the salve cylinder has a weak point that can cause the bearing and slave to go south: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383607
Good find. Bookmarked it to consider the part when it's time to replace my clutch.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #118
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Check this out. Seems the salve cylinder has a weak point that can cause the bearing and slave to go south: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383607
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Good find. Bookmarked it to consider the part when it's time to replace my clutch.
Yes, good find question, wouldn't it be beneficial to replace it before there's an issue. And in that thought, if this is something that has a high probability of happening, shouldn't GM be the one to design and replace this item in the transmission?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #119
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Is the tick master cylinder the same thing as this?
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...p-04-07-cts-v/
Old 11-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #120
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Is the tick master cylinder the same thing as this?
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...p-04-07-cts-v/
I just checked on this and realized that Tick P. Doesnt currently offer their Master cylinder for the 5th gen. They are currently in development as it will have to be a completely different system. The only thing they currently have to aleviate some of the issues would be their steel braided clutch line and the return spring. They also mentioned that Ideal Garage carries an upgraded GM master cylinder (bored out version which flows more fluid and also aids the issues.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #121
cornerspeed92

Quote:
I just checked on this and realized that Tick P. Doesnt currently offer their Master cylinder for the 5th gen. They are currently in development as it will have to be a completely different system. The only thing they currently have to aleviate some of the issues would be their steel braided clutch line and the return spring. They also mentioned that Ideal Garage carries an upgraded GM master cylinder (bored out version which flows more fluid and also aids the issues.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #122
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Mark,

I tracked today at Laguna Seca for the first time since I put in the new engine.

The good news: The new 416 c.i. is stout and didn't blow up, LOL. I had a blast, this car is set up and was pretty quick despite lifting and bogging slowly past the damned sound booth.

The bad news: Looks like I have the same problem. After a couple of laps my clutch stayed to the floor and I had to pull it back with my foot. I couldn't easily get it into gear. Then it cooled down and worked fine. After two sessions of this, I gave up and drove her home. Nothing like trying to heel-toe shift coming into turn 2 and having this throw you off your game.

I had a brake pressure sensor installed for my Aim data acquisition system / lap timer. The guy that installed the system bled the brakes with new Motul 600.

Time for me to read all 5 pages and figure out what happened and what to do. Hoping to do Buttonwillow Dec 6 - 7, but not a lot time to sort this out.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #123
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Mark,

I tracked today at Laguna Seca.

The good news: The new 416 c.i. is stout and didn't blow up, LOL

The bad news: Looks like I have the same problem. After a couple of laps my clutch stayed to the floor and I had to pull it back with my foot. I couldn't easily get it into gear. Then it cooled down and worked fine. After two sessions of this, I gave up and drove her home.

I had a brake pressure sensor installed for my Aim data acquisition system / lap timer. The guy that installed it bled the brakes with new Motul 600.

Time for me to read all 5 pages and figure out what to do.

Todd, read this. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383607

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #124
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Mark,

I tracked today at Laguna Seca for the first time since I put in the new engine.

The good news: The new 416 c.i. is stout and didn't blow up, LOL. I had a blast, this car is set up and was pretty quick despite lifting and bogging slowly past the damned sound booth.

The bad news: Looks like I have the same problem. After a couple of laps my clutch stayed to the floor and I had to pull it back with my foot. I couldn't easily get it into gear. Then it cooled down and worked fine. After two sessions of this, I gave up and drove her home. Nothing like trying to heel-toe shift coming into turn 2 and having this throw you off your game.

I had a brake pressure sensor installed for my Aim data acquisition system / lap timer. The guy that installed the system bled the brakes with new Motul 600.

Time for me to read all 5 pages and figure out what happened and what to do. Hoping to do Buttonwillow Dec 6 - 7, but not a lot time to sort this out.
Todd, that sucks!!! This shouldn't be happening to our cars.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #125
cornerspeed92

ATTENTION ALL 1LE'rs!!!!!!!!!!! Please read.

So im sure most have seen my thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384247. The reason for this thread is it's looking like our 1LE's might have a defect. There are now 4 of us that are having the same issue, and only 1 happened on track. Mine actually started before my last track day, but at my last track day i could no longer continue. So this is the question, under spirited driving is anyone experiencing any sort of clutch pedal failure? The pedal just starts to feel different, sometimes it feels hard, week, soft, limited movement/feel, and starts to stick. This only happens when having fun, if we drive slow and gentle it feels fine. The reason im asking is if there are more of you out there GM (us) might have a problem. I know my service manager felt my clutch pedal the other day and has no idea what it is, he said he will have to do some research on this.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #126
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Since you've made a thread to link to your other thread, I'm merging them. Just bump the old one.

Also, I recommend talking to Chevrolet Customer Service about this issue.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote