Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What did you order ?
I ordered a V6 LS 11 1.12%
I ordered a V6 1LT 41 4.16%
I ordered a V6 2LT 156 15.84%
I ordered a V8 1SS 117 11.88%
I ordered a V8 2SS 660 67.01%
Voters: 985. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #113
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Here's Mine!

First spied my dream car in a 2005 issue of motor Trend, ever since then I've been waiting to order. My dealer called ME Monday the 13th and gave me the heads up b/c I've been bugging the poo out of him. He and I sat down and exchanged information on the options and pricing and here's mine:

Black 2SS
Polished 20's Q9J
Auto 6-speed MXO remote start
Boston Acoustics System UQA
Grey Leather
Inferno Orange Interior

35K+ with 500 to hold. Dealer said they would not charge over MSRP and I know of another dealer that says the same thing.

Man I gotta get my new garage built before she gets here.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #114
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro68
I wonder how those that are ordering and get the 2SS
and then GM comes out with the Z/28?

Um, I won't be considering the bill on my 2SS is over 36k plus TTL. For what I expect the Z28 to cost (if/when available), 41-42k, I can match its HP with mods for a lot less and in the meantime, I'm driving one helluva automobile that I know exists.

I agree with trm0002. Can't get mad over the latest and baddest Camaro that will soon be in my garage. This is gonna be my first ever HOT ROD car and if they go ahead and come out with the Z28 then my handle says it all.....I will ZYAL8R!

Last edited by ZYAL8R; 10-19-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: forgot to post these two quotes
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #115
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
as far as negotiation??? You can try and I would try upfront IMO.......good luck - I say "try" because I think you will find that they will get the MSRP for this car and or GMS without a lot of belly aching from a lot of buyers. Especially if a dealer only gets 3 or 4....there are people on a waiting list in some areas adn dealerships don't need to negotiate - that whole supply and damand thing ya know. I bet they don't even offer rebate of any kind Its like buying C6 Vette - the price in the window.........pretty much what you pay. Again GL
Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #116
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
I will tell you what - I have not driven a car with the LS3 but I have driven a Vette with the LS2 (est 400hp) with paddle shift and OMG hange on - That LS3 manual is going to sit you right back. Mods???beautiful.......but that stock LS3 motor is going to have plenty for most... Like "ZYAL8R" ...............I will have mine and not have to worry about "if and when" on the Z...
Old 10-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #117
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
First spied my dream car in a 2005 issue of motor Trend, ever since then I've been waiting to order. My dealer called ME Monday the 13th and gave me the heads up b/c I've been bugging the poo out of him. He and I sat down and exchanged information on the options and pricing and here's mine:

Black 2SS
Polished 20's Q9J
Auto 6-speed MXO remote start
Boston Acoustics System UQA
Grey Leather
Inferno Orange Interior

35K+ with 500 to hold. Dealer said they would not charge over MSRP and I know of another dealer that says the same thing.

Man I gotta get my new garage built before she gets here.
The Boston Acoustics comes with the 2SS. You shouldn't be charged for it again.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #118
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
I mailed my salesman a check and ordered mine over the phone my dealship is 120 miles away and I didn't want to wait for this weekend. I know it sounds crazy and some might say "heck there isn't a local dealership??? - but Hey I am a camaro lover - I am loyal!!!!!

Butt I can tell you I will have a $hit eaten grin when I walk in and drive it away. God I hope it is warm this spring.....with my luck there will be 6" of new snow and salt on the roads.....Who am I kiding my luck is changing I am almost the owner of 5thG baby!!!!

Someone needs to do a ticker for the "projected delivery date of Late "March" I saw one on a dealer website for the camaro when I was surfing - it was awsome!!!! - As soon as someone hears their date on their car delivery we got to get "Date" thread going. Heck if I new more about computers I would love to do a ticker on my desktop for my date once I hear.

I ordered mine over the phone as well. The dealer is only about an hour away, but I don't have the time to go for a couple weeks at least. At first I had some reservations about doing it over the phone, but I have spoke to two different people at the dealership and both have assured me they are selling at MSRP. And that was without letting the 2nd person know the first person had promised MSRP. To me that was reassuring that they wouldn't attempt to spring something on me later. (Also, someone I work with said they purchased a car at this dealership and had a very good experience.) My check is being mailed Monday (worked too late Friday and Saturday to get it sent Certified/Return Receipt). I was the first to order of their allocation of 5. And I've since been told they have placed one more order, a near twin to mine only in manual instead of my auto. So anyone in South Jersey, this dealer has 3 left (as of yesterday).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #119
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zq8colorado04 View Post
LIST ORDERS AND CONFIGURATIONS ONLY PLEASE!

Alright...who's ordered?

They put it in writing that it would be for MSRP though so that made me happy.

Black exterior
Black Leather Interior
2SS/RS
LS3 w/6-speed manual transmission

When it finally gets closer and they announce pricing on accessories I want to be able to get the Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Red Interior Trim pieces, and maybe the Red engine cover...

...now we just wait

Oh, I forgot to add I REALLY hope they let me use my GM card points...at least like $1000 I've been saving up on that card for this car for about 3 years now...
2SS/RS Black Ex. Black Int. High Spoiler Engine Cover.

89 Iroc-Z
91 Syclone
02 Trans Am
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #120
PJ

Drives: '10 RS/SS, '07 S281E
I got a RS/SS on the way, but would have gotten a Z/28 if I could have.

l
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #121
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
1SS (+RS)
Cyber Gray w/ Gray interior
6 Speed Manual

Now i just need to sell my 02 Z28 (Or do all the engine mods I was afraid to b/c its a daily driver) .
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:23 AM   #122
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
If you've actually ordered, mark it in the appropriate spot in the poll...

I will be putting this poll up on the three main Camaro sites. Please vote in ONLY ONE poll. I will tally the totals from the three and report back.

As of: 10/18/08 1:00 PM

V6 LS1 1
V6 1LT 5
V6 2LT 22
V8 1SS 26
V8 2SS 147
I just voted this morning and it did not change the count from your tally. It's Monday 10/20/08
I orderd a 2LT and will probably cancel the RS as I will not go out and buy winter tires because someone a Chevrolet thinks everyone must have summer tires. Must take a special degree to make big decisions like that!
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #123
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
I already answered the same poll on CamaroZ28.com, so I didn't want to triple up between this site and the others you posted.
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #124
sdimess84

Drives: 1996 SS S10
I am going next week to order my 2SS model. I dont think I am going to add any extras, I dont think ill be able to afford it if do. I can add them later
sdimess84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #125
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
I've seen the light and changed my mind

OK - I've got a 1967 one-owner Mustang (Mom won it in a grocery store contest in 12/1967) in the garage. My best friend in high school had a '68 Camaro. Since 1989, I've been a Chrysler Corp guy - Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokees.

I've been trying to get info on the Dodge Challenger for a while. Finally got better info than my local dealers had just by surfing the net. Still can't get anyone to take an interest in me and my $$$.

Somehow, the sky cleared and the light shined down last Tuesday, 10/14/08. I found a link to the Chevrolet.com website with info on the order system opening for the 2010 Camaro. I visited my local dealer (yep, a big one with a right facing arrow in their corporate logo), on a whim, on my way home from a luncheon banquet, asked for the fleet manager and told him what I wanted. The GM Global Connect system came back with "no information available". He took my information and said he'd keep checking. On Thursday, October 16, he called and said the system was working. He'd already input the order based on his notes and was calling, with the sales manager at his side, to confirm my wants/wishes.

On Saturday, 10/18/2009, I went back to the dealership to review everything. This guy was spectacular in his attitude, customer service and all of the available factory information that he shared. It literally was having the factory order form and information handed to you. Just remember that I've been trying to throw cash at a Dodge dealership for 6 months for a 2009 Challenger Heritage Edition and nobody wanted to get me the info/specs. It literally took me 15 minutes to get a confirmed order on a 2010 Camaro.

I've got what I hope will be an exceptionally attractive and fun vehicle on order....

LT2 version - Red Jewel Tintcoat - Black Leather - 6-speed automatic w/ TAPShift - RS Exterior package - Cyber Gray stripe package.

Apparently, my dealer hadn't been overwhelmed with orders or inquiries because the fleet manager committed to holding the ceiling price at MSRP sticker with no premiums. It appears that they've got the allocation to already have an accepted "preliminary order detail" from the GM Order Workbench.

One suggestion to those still hunting - walk in the dealership and ask for the fleet department manager. Those guys are focused on moving units off the lot and generally are on a salary program rather than base + commission. My experience over the past 25 yrs is that you'll get better service, a shot at better pricing and pretty good information. It's not hard to qualify to use the fleet guys...just be flexible to any questions you might get - like member of credit union? company plan? military? teacher? union? etc....

The internal documents that I was shown state "...start of regular production, currently scheduled for mid-February...". My estimated delivery date is sometime in April 2009 +/- 2 weeks. I also found it interesting that the dealer allocation from the factory is dependent on two factors.... 1) the dealership retail sales (cars & trucks) for the year 9/1/07 to 8/31/08 and 2) the Mustang registrations for the period 7/1/07 through 6/30/08 in each dealership's DMA. Bigger markets and bigger dealerships will have bigger allocations. Don't be afraid to be a bit agressive and shop within 100 miles to avoid the markup premiums.

For all that want one, good luck and happy hunting.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #126
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I am shocked to see how many people on this site have actually ordered a new Camaro versus people on "that other" site. They are not even in the game. Hopefully GM will appreciate this fact when deciding where to post and what to communicate.