Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #113
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbomike55 View Post
I just left Healy Chevrolet in Middletown, NY. I was having that same exact noise coming from my rear right wheel. I've broken a couple of half shafts and the noise sounded the same. Well after about two years of having problems with my 9" rear ( I won't say who made it ) I asked Ted to get me a Lingenfelter rear. So far so good until about a month ago when that clicking appeared. Well Sunday night I spent about two hrs on the site looking for a possible problem, when I found your posts and video. Great job!. I called the dealer on Monday, ordered the washer and nut, ( they only did the one side). Went to my appointment today, and bingo no noise, and no charge. So Thanks again for those great posts. 2010 Black 2SS LS3 M6, Lingenfelter 600 HP package, Lingenfelter rear end 4.11 gears, Dynatech Headers, Flowmaster cat back, hotchkiss track pack, lowered 1", Lingenfelter Custom White Stripes, and some Ted Janetty magic. 549 RWHP 527 RWTQ
Hello jumbomike55,

Great that you were able to get that noise issue taken care of and it also sounds like your dealership experience was quite satisfactory as well. If there should be any issues or questions you may have in the future, we will be happy to help as much as we can. Here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #114
CliffjumperRS

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red
Wow, I've been looking for this explanation for almost 6 months. Thank you guys so much for clearing it up. My 36 month warranty ran out on Jan 26th, any clue if this would still be covered under the power train warranty? You're video makes it look easy enough, but you guys are obviously more experienced than I am with turning a wrench. Funny, I'm not scared of pulling off the whole front end to do a grille swap, but pulling a hub off petrifies me. Thanks!
2010 1LT/RS GCN | Roto-Fab CAI | MRT V2.0 | Defenderworx: Chrome Shifter, Polished Door Kick Plates, Polished Door Sills, Black Side Vent Inserts, Chrome Bow Ties, Chrome Cup Holder Surround| GM: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Splash Guards, Wheel Mounted Audio Control, PDIM, 4 Gauge Cluster, Footwell & Cupholder Lighting, Switchblade Silver Interior Trim Kit, Premium Floor Mats| Oracle: Aqua Blue Dome & Trunk LED's, Bright White Plate LED's | RS Chrome Valve Stem Caps | Shined by Adam's & Meguiar's
CliffjumperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #115
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
I'm @ 10,300 miles and I've never noticed the sound from the rear when applying load but I notice the same exact sound from somewhere.. when I turn the front wheels and just start to move forward or reverse... wonder if it is the same issue and I just can't tell where the noise is coming from or if there is something similar on the front as well.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #116
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffjumperRS View Post
Wow, I've been looking for this explanation for almost 6 months. Thank you guys so much for clearing it up. My 36 month warranty ran out on Jan 26th, any clue if this would still be covered under the power train warranty? You're video makes it look easy enough, but you guys are obviously more experienced than I am with turning a wrench. Funny, I'm not scared of pulling off the whole front end to do a grille swap, but pulling a hub off petrifies me. Thanks!
If you have the right tools it's pretty easy. The center bolt is torqued hard. You will need a good pry bar. I'd go check at the dealer and see if they will.

Feel free to contact me by PM and I'll give you my number and talk you through it or answer any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
I'm @ 10,300 miles and I've never noticed the sound from the rear when applying load but I notice the same exact sound from somewhere.. when I turn the front wheels and just start to move forward or reverse... wonder if it is the same issue and I just can't tell where the noise is coming from or if there is something similar on the front as well.
There are none in the front so I'd say it's something else. Have you checked your end links?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #117
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
I am putting in rear end gear this weekend so I will be installing the new nut and thrust washer when i put the axels back in. Also I will let you know for sure whether my car had them or not.

Thanks for the DIY
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #118
1sweet11SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
That sound in your video is the exact same "click" I hear when I make a right turn into my driveway or a right turn up slight hill. It's definitely coming from the right rear. The car never makes the "click" when I make left turns into any driveways. Could this be the same issue?
Autoclub Dragway Best MPH: 112.01 Jan 7, 2012
1sweet11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #119
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweet11SS View Post
That sound in your video is the exact same "click" I hear when I make a right turn into my driveway or a right turn up slight hill. It's definitely coming from the right rear. The car never makes the "click" when I make left turns into any driveways. Could this be the same issue?
Certainly could. Was yours one of the first 90k or so?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #120
prbigick

Drives: 2000 camaro 3.8L series II
CAR WONT START

hi, my 2000 camaro 3.8l series II, just turn off while driving as if it ran out of gas and wouldn't start back up. i left the car over night and came back the very next day and put gas in it. now 1/2 tank full of gas the car started and drove 3 miles before shutting off again, as if no gas. but would not start back up. i got it towed to my house and it was sitting there for a month or so. i went to start and it started, i let it run for about 10 mins and shut it off and tried to restart and no luck. when i crank it turns on but wont start. whats the problem?
prbigick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #121
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbigick View Post
hi, my 2000 camaro 3.8l series II, just turn off while driving as if it ran out of gas and wouldn't start back up. i left the car over night and came back the very next day and put gas in it. now 1/2 tank full of gas the car started and drove 3 miles before shutting off again, as if no gas. but would not start back up. i got it towed to my house and it was sitting there for a month or so. i went to start and it started, i let it run for about 10 mins and shut it off and tried to restart and no luck. when i crank it turns on but wont start. whats the problem?
Hard to say. Could be a number of things. You have a 4th Gen so that broadens the possibilities. Fuel pump? Filter?

Start a thread will get you more results.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #122
1sweet11SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Certainly could. Was yours one of the first 90k or so?
Not sure if I'm the first 90k.....last 6 of my VIN is 146412
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #123
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Yup. 1st 47 thousand. So it's in the number range.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #124
1sweet11SS

Son of a b!$&/!

Thanks for the write up.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #125
CliffjumperRS

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Your profile says you have a 2011. It's just the first model year that they're left off of from what I've read. I have a vin in the 64k. Mine was built in November of 09. You should be in the clear.
2010 1LT/RS GCN | Roto-Fab CAI | MRT V2.0 | Defenderworx: Chrome Shifter, Polished Door Kick Plates, Polished Door Sills, Black Side Vent Inserts, Chrome Bow Ties, Chrome Cup Holder Surround| GM: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Splash Guards, Wheel Mounted Audio Control, PDIM, 4 Gauge Cluster, Footwell & Cupholder Lighting, Switchblade Silver Interior Trim Kit, Premium Floor Mats| Oracle: Aqua Blue Dome & Trunk LED's, Bright White Plate LED's | RS Chrome Valve Stem Caps | Shined by Adam's & Meguiar's
CliffjumperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #126
1sweet11SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffjumperRS View Post
Your profile says you have a 2011. It's just the first model year that they're left off of from what I've read. I have a vin in the 64k. Mine was built in November of 09. You should be in the clear.
Really? Damn, must be a different issue then..