Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #113
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I would love a two post but the way I had to configure my garage it would be set in the middle of the two car... making it a one car...

At least with a 4 post I can move it around and stash it on one side when not in use and move it to the middle for when I need to work on stuff...

OK I see what you mean, Luckily for me mine my second garage is un-attached and I can just leave it. I struggle with it either way. If I go with a 4 post then I can store a car underneath, especially since I have 12' walls.

I think each has an advantage and dis-advantage. When I poured my floor I poured it thick on the part where my lift would be going so that I could mount it permanently. Decisions, Decisions.........
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #114
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:

4 post.

Tons of different ones out there... ALI Cert on all of these.

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...dpakhd-9st.htm
This is the one at the house. It is a commercial grade unit used by many, many professionals. The additional items that really help are the casters to wheel it around and the jack plate (goes between the rails and slides the full lenght of the lift). You can get a simple oil change setup from Harbor Freight or somewhere like that. A lot cheaper than a fancy built-in one.

Will make working on Stacey's stuff nicer... Oh yeah, and maybe THR22 when we get done with Randy's car and the SST...
Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #115
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I think this is the new thread to be in. All the cool kids are here... well almost all...
Now we are here... This will be fun...

Quote:
Gees what kind of garage do think I'm building????

Next thing you'll want me to add is a chrome pole dead in the middle of the garage.

. Beer? yes. Pole.... Maybe. For special "projects"
Now we're talking... forget the 1320..
Quote:
How can this many people hanging out in my garage be serious

We're just in your garage thread now... can't wait to move into the actual garage...
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #116
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Chris if you can choose go with a post tension cable slab after pouring the slab they will come out every other day for a week and crank down on the cables therefore you wont have any slab movement down the road.

I'm in the middle of having a house built as we speak ( 1 month left ) I am 2 weeks from the start of my 36x36 detached shop.
If you can push the foam insulation I would highly recommend it as my parents have this and it is VERY MUCH dam near perfect for insulating.
I'm having the attic and inner walls in my house blown and im having the walls and ceiling in my ship blown as well. 14 Ft high ceilings for me. One day down the road maybe next tax season I will add a lift.

Building a house has to be the most stressful thing ever imo.
I swear I could Beat the $hit out of my project manager

Good luck man keep updating this thread lol

I never knew we had this thread.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #117
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Chris if you can choose go with a post tension cable slab after pouring the slab they will come out every other day for a week and crank down on the cables therefore you wont have any slab movement down the road.

I'm in the middle of having a house built as we speak ( 1 month left ) I am 2 weeks from the start of my 36x36 detached shop.
If you can push the foam insulation I would highly recommend it as my parents have this and it is VERY MUCH dam near perfect for insulating.
I'm having the attic and inner walls in my house blown and im having the walls and ceiling in my ship blown as well. 14 Ft high ceilings for me. One day down the road maybe next tax season I will add a lift.

Building a house has to be the most stressful thing ever imo.
I swear I could Beat the $hit out of my project manager

Good luck man keep updating this thread lol

I never knew we had this thread.
Can't wait to see what you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Quote:

4 post.

Tons of different ones out there... ALI Cert on all of these.

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...dpakhd-9st.htm
This is the one at the house. It is a commercial grade unit used by many, many professionals. The additional items that really help are the casters to wheel it around and the jack plate (goes between the rails and slides the full lenght of the lift). You can get a simple oil change setup from Harbor Freight or somewhere like that. A lot cheaper than a fancy built-in one.

Will make working on Stacey's stuff nicer... Oh yeah, and maybe THR22 when we get done with Randy's car and the SST...
That seems to be a very popular one... Tons of good reviews out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Now we are here... This will be fun...

Now we're talking... forget the 1320..
We're just in your garage thread now... can't wait to move into the actual garage...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #118
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Building a house has to be the most stressful thing ever imo. I swear I could Beat the $hit out of my project manager
Our build process was actually stress free. We went with a well known custom builder in the north Fort Worth area. The owner of the business was my main point of contact during the whole thing, no middle man. I could call him at any time. Even picking the tile, carpet, granite slabs, llight fixtures and ceiling fans was pretty easy.

Last edited by NavyDood; 05-05-2011 at 07:51 PM.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #119
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Our build process was actually stress free. We went with a well known custom builder in the north Fort Worth area. The owner of the business was my main point of contact during the whole thing, no middle man. I could call him at any time. Even picking the tile, carpet, granite slabs, llight fixtures and ceiling fans was pretty easy.

When I signed the paper work on the contract to build my home I loved who I had as a project manager. We exchanged lots of e-mails and everything was moving along perfect.
2 days before the slab was poured my project manager was let go along with 8 others due to the company going in a different direction.

Now I got a gentleman who deosnt even read the contract/plans and everytime something shows up wrong we go back to look at the plans and its like OHHHHHH oops I didnt see that.

For some time now my line to him is

" who are you building this home for me ? Or you "

Luckily we are dam near finished as I have 1 month left....we are at ceiling and water fixtures as we speak then they have to come in and polish and seal my stained concrete area's and ETC.

if he had just read the plans all along then we would never have had problems.

I'm 30 but dont look my age some folks say lol I think he is looking at it like oh some young kid I can screw around WRONG BUDDY.

oh well.... atleast he isnt building the shop which starts in two weeks.

OVER ALL IM VERY HAPPY WITH HOW IT IS COMING OUT.

JUST NOT LOOKING FWD TO MOVING.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #120
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
GTAHVIT... Couple of little things to think about which shouldn't be too late to ask about.
Soffit outlets at each corner in the front with a switch inside the front door. Great addition for hanging christmas lights.
Decor style light switches. Really enhance the looks of the walls. It only cost me $250 more for all the switches in the house.
Floor outlet in the living room.
Def a 220v outlet in the garage.
Water Softener
Under cabinet lighting in the kitchen.
Door jam light switches for the pantry and closets
Ceiling fan for back porch.

Jekyll-N-Hyde... That had to suck. Thank god it is almost done. Have you looked into a local moving company to move the big stuff? We hired a place to move all our big stuff a whopping five miles. Took them about six hours and cost us around $300 is all. Was worth every penny.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #121
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
GTAHVIT... Couple of little things to think about which shouldn't be too late to ask about.
Soffit outlets at each corner in the front with a switch inside the front door. Great addition for hanging christmas lights.
Decor style light switches. Really enhance the looks of the walls. It only cost me $250 more for all the switches in the house.
Floor outlet in the living room.
Def a 220v outlet in the garage.
Water Softener
Under cabinet lighting in the kitchen.
Door jam light switches for the pantry and closets
Ceiling fan for back porch.

Jekyll-N-Hyde... That had to suck. Thank god it is almost done. Have you looked into a local moving company to move the big stuff? We hired a place to move all our big stuff a whopping five miles. Took them about six hours and cost us around $300 is all. Was worth every penny.

I had a plug outlet put at each corner of my house directly under my eves for the Xmas lights and I also had 2 DEDICATED outlets 1 in the house garage For a Freezer and one on the outside of the house Garage for my Gate opener.

these dedicated outlets are dedicated circuits that are supplying power to only one or perhaps two receptacles.
I'm also going to have two of these inside my outside Garage. Overloading a circut SUCKS. down the road when I install a lift I want everything like the compressor on its own circut.

Inside the house I had a outlet put below the bathroom counters so I can plug my electric trimer/etc in underneith and keep it out of site. On top of the Cabinets in the kitchen there are plugs for lighting thats control by a switch.

On the moving im actually closing the first of June and during the whole month of June im going to be moving stuff in slowly then at the last of june im going to have a moving day set aside for everything else.

Since the house wont be ready until mid 1st week of june I will have already paid the house payment for my current home im living in so Im telling the folks who are buying it they can have it 1st of July. Thats gives me pleanty of time during june to do anything to the new home before I move in and still not have to rush as much moving.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #122
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
OK should be pouring concrete in a couple days.

Attached Images

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #123
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
DUDE.................. Where do I sleep?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #124
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
DUDE.................. Where do I sleep?
In the garage with the rest of us.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #125
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
That is too funny.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #126
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
During fest III we might need to rent some tents tho, you know, for the 300 other people. Might need to go ahead and start a bathroom/shower time list too. DIBS ON 0700 to 0730!