Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #113
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Here are a few more pictures. had a great time.

The Gforce car scared my car into shutting its throttle body and going into limp mode. Only time it ever has done this LOL

Gforce Launch

Gforce Line

Dekan at the line

My Son running a 12.14 CAM only car

Me on the line

Gforce Chris and Jim at the line

Sunrise last race day

FRCBobby CAM only (for now) Vette

GoPro video of my 10.54 pass

Last edited by maxdmax; 12-17-2012 at 07:06 AM.
maxdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #114
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Scared ya huh LOL not sure what happened on that pass, I got a red light even though I only had the first bulb lit and your TB wouldn't work.
It was a jinxed pass I guess LOL

Thanks for posting the photo's up.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #115
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Looks like you guys had an awesome time.....

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #116
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
i just knowed trevor was gonna get in the 11's .
the time ur tb shut closed , looked like it was gonna be ur best pass, as soon as u came off the line i told bluecat oh shit this is gonna be , and before i finished it shut down . i thought u was gonna back up cause the gforce car didnt go.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #117
maxdmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Scared ya huh LOL not sure what happened on that pass, I got a red light even though I only had the first bulb lit and your TB wouldn't work.
It was a jinxed pass I guess LOL

Thanks for posting the photo's up.

Thanks
Chris
Yes I was going for it on that pass we got my belt slip fixed and that was my best launch of the day too! Hay you could have always spun and your nitrous could have not worked and I could have gotten a jump on you and something else and might have won LOL Had a blast anyway!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #118
maxdmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
i just knowed trevor was gonna get in the 11's .
the time ur tb shut closed , looked like it was gonna be ur best pass, as soon as u came off the line i told bluecat oh shit this is gonna be , and before i finished it shut down . i thought u was gonna back up cause the gforce car didnt go.
Yes my Boy was on it, he came close, I am sure he will get an 11 second pass before long the car runs great!
Hay if you ever have you car go into reduced power mode you will sure know it, the thing wont go 20 MPH LOL
Old 12-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #119
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
Yes my Boy was on it, he came close, I am sure he will get an 11 second pass before long the car runs great!
Hay if you ever have you car go into reduced power mode you will sure know it, the thing wont go 20 MPH LOL
Jim, I'm assuming you have a NW102 tb. Time to get a TPIS 102.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #120
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Jamie - I had read that the NW102 had an issue / was fixed / but see that going back and forth..... Per his run and the issue - are you seeing it more often than not and not fixed?
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #121
maxdmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 View Post
Jamie - I had read that the NW102 had an issue / was fixed / but see that going back and forth..... Per his run and the issue - are you seeing it more often than not and not fixed?
Yea mine shut big time my tuner was there and read the code on the spot at it was the throttle body. I am pretty sure Ted thought this was resolved in the one I got. Are you all working with Ted on this? I have not spoken to Ted yet but will as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully he can assist us on this.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #122
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
Yea mine shut big time my tuner was there and read the code on the spot at it was the throttle body. I am pretty sure Ted thought this was resolved in the one I got. Are you all working with Ted on this? I have not spoken to Ted yet but will as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully he can assist us on this.
The NW 102 is a worthless piece of crap, on pd boosted cars.As far as I know he hasn't come up with any fix. Where's Hendrix and his empty promises. After Indy, where I almost couldn't compete due to the shutting, I've been running my TPIS without issue. I'm done trying to test anything, it doesn't seem to lead to anything. After a few wasted track trips, at a few hundred bucks each time, I'll stick with the TPIS. It has never failed. Ted has it dialed in to run and idle as well as a NW. As far as I'm concerned this issue is in the past for me. I haven't even brought it up to Ted since the summer.

Mine closed so many times I was able to take out the handheld, clear the code, and get back under full power before I got to the return road.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #123
ls6 zo6

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
hey jim jody here, bobby asked me down last week,but i couldn't go. I am glad to see everyone ran well. Your getting the hang of that beast just more seat time. I can't imagine , all i did was jump 50hp and 50tq with a new clutch and was having a heck of a time that last test and tune i spent with you and paul. All the new hp and slicks etc, you are doing great. I sure wish I could have made it will definitely go if everyone does another one in 2013. I am shooting for ten's in 2013. I bought some gm gears from bobby and will be adding a cam at the same time in the spring. I have never ran at london looks nice, i have always heard track prep was alot better. I look forward to trying it. Have a great christmas!
2010/SIM RS/SS LS3,M6, D-ISC PROCHARGER, KOOKS HEADERS,STOCK EXHAUST,NO CATS,MCLEOD RXT CLUTCH, 1400HP axles, ZLI FUEL PUMP,DRS. custom comp cam,gm 3.91 gears.651rwhp/568tq parts ordered, installled KyHorsepower.com,tuned by Bluecat
ls6 zo6 is offline   Reply With Quote