Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #113
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterluck View Post
I don't know why I am getting trolled by people on here. I was being informative, and I will change my seat position once the investigator comes. I can drive just fine how it is. I did not punch it and lose control as others said, I was not drinking as another post said, because I was at lunch from work... Sorry to dissapoint you guys, I am no deviant. I do not "punch it" in residential areas, for one, that is a safety concern and I have no cats and my fuse pulled on my exhaust, so that would be asking for a sound ordinance ticket. The stop sign was on the same side of the road I was on, I bumped my key veared slightly to the right went up on the curb hit the sign and stopped. that was it.
So you bumped your key then VEARED to the right? Almost sounds like you were trying to do this.

You also stated you have no cats and the NPP fuse pulled which makes for a fairly loud exhaust tone, so you didn't notice the engine shut off?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #114
MrBojangles528

Drives: 2014 2LT-RS Blue Ray Metallic
This happened to me as well in my '14 2LT, except my knee didn't hit the key at all. I am sure of this, since there is a ton of room between my knee and the ignition. I had been driving for a few days with just the switchblade key, nothing else on the chain with no issues. Then I put my house keys on my chain, and going into a turn my engine just shut off. Luckily I was able to pull off the road and stop, but it was freaky. Since then I have been using the switchblade key by itself and haven't had it happen again.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #115
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles528 View Post
This happened to me as well in my '14 2LT, except my knee didn't hit the key at all. I am sure of this, since there is a ton of room between my knee and the ignition. I had been driving for a few days with just the switchblade key, nothing else on the chain with no issues. Then I put my house keys on my chain, and going into a turn my engine just shut off. Luckily I was able to pull off the road and stop, but it was freaky. Since then I have been using the switchblade key by itself and haven't had it happen again.
It's the switchblade knee that you have to look out for. Who hangs key chains full of keys from their cars ignition switch anyway? And why, if you have lots of keys, do some feel the need to include them along with their cars ignition key? When does it become too many keys on the cars key ring? All rhetorical questions.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #116
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles528 View Post
Welcome to C5!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #117
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP,
You sent an old picture, why? Didn't ask you about your first wreck. Can you post a picture of the stop sign?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #118
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
How would op get anything from GM if its a recall? The only thing he will get his some new keys. Why would he post this if his sole purpose was to be sneaky and get away with it by having GM pay for the damage? If he is trolling then don't feed into it - why would you care so much to disprove him?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #119
Towlie

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hta1 View Post
Devil Dog, you need to unf*ck your driving position.
So much truth in such a simple statement. ;-) ahhh memories.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #120
MrBojangles528

Drives: 2014 2LT-RS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
It's the switchblade knee that you have to look out for. Who hangs key chains full of keys from their cars ignition switch anyway? And why, if you have lots of keys, do some feel the need to include them along with their cars ignition key? When does it become too many keys on the cars key ring? All rhetorical questions.
Yea it's not a huge deal, just kind of freaky when it first happened. I only had three keys on it, so it was by no means a huge janitor-style key ring. I even tried to replicate it by wiggling my key in all directions with my car idling, but I wasn't able to shut it off. I think since it was going into a left hand turn, the sideways G-forces might have pulled the key a little too hard and it shut down the ignition.

Regardless, I have taken all the keys off the switchblade going forward :shrug:
Old 08-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #121
potterluck
LukeB

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #3802
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 ZL1 #7860 View Post
So this is your second camaro that was damaged due to a really slow speed crash?!? How old are you?

Your getting trolled because your story doesn't make any sense. Sounds like a huge lie to cover up your mistake(s) and get GM to pay for it! (FYI GM isn't paying for it, especially the way you choose to handle the entire situation)

If you are telling the truth then you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car anymore. (My opinion)
I lived in Nebraska, Omaha, 168th and Blondo before I move to Texas. holy crap you guys are ridiculous. That was the first time I had ever crashed a car, and yes it was March and that accident happened in Cedar Rapids, IA. I am not trying to cover up my mistake, and was being humble and showing concern. I am 28, and my ZL1 is #3802 of that at all matters. I went about it the right way IMO, you guys act like it was a big huge ordeal, when it wasn't. It didn't hit hard and the plastic bumper was cracked and the headlight broke and the curb bent my lower control arm. I caught some curbage and that was it. I did not feel the need to call the cops, and I am 28, having an at fault accident in my record with 4 cars on my insurance and a ZL1 makes a huge difference. The bumper was $500 for everything and I bought a headlight from a guy on here for $325 and my control arm was $60. That is cheaper than my deductible and now I just need paint and it will be done.

Last edited by potterluck; 08-04-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Left out town
Old 08-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #122
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I'm calling BS!

All of a sudden the recall goes out and you crash your Camaro at 3am??

These cars have been on the road since spring of 09 and now it barely happens to someone?
10-4.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
Old 08-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #123
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
OP,
You sent an old picture, why? Didn't ask you about your first wreck. Can you post a picture of the stop sign?
Because he was showing what 30 mph did to his other Camaro...people are questioning the damage on the ZL1...just a little more reading and you're almost there buddy

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #124
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I call BS !!!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #125
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterluck View Post
My G35's engine blew and the computer shut it off when I was going over 100 miles an hour...

This was on the track, right?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

Old 08-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #126
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
We are way too quick to yell "liar" around here.

Closed Thread

Tags
blame it on the keys.net, crashed, keyfob, lanky legged larry