Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #113
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Yup, got my turntable(s) and records in full use, after 30 years no doubt. I missed them! I'm waiting on the cassette revival too lol!!!!!
You may not have long to wait. There's a startup developing a modern Walkman-style cassette player with Bluetooth.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:10 AM   #114
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
You may not have long to wait. There's a startup developing a modern Walkman-style cassette player with Bluetooth.
Cassettes? No way they don’t make em anymore. However cassettes trump CDs and digital music by a mile due to being analog. The amount of compression is substantial just to semi duplicate what a cassette or LP sounds like. But most ppl don’t give a damn so music quality like everything ilelse is crap. Show me a quality product built these days and I’ll show you a a product on the verge of exteinction

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #115
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Cassettes? No way they don’t make em anymore. However cassettes trump CDs and digital music by a mile due to being analog. The amount of compression is substantial just to semi duplicate what a cassette or LP sounds like. But most ppl don’t give a damn so music quality like everything ilelse is crap. Show me a quality product built these days and I’ll show you a a product on the verge of exteinction
Keep in mind there was a time that vinyl was nearly extinct. If there's enough of a resurgence, the market will resurface.

Vinyl and cassette sales saw double digit growth last year

A portable Bluetooth cassette tape player brings retro audio into 2019
Old 07-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #116
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
The biggest predictor of the future of the Camaro is the reassignment of Oppenheiser.

They created a great car with the 6th Gen, maybe too great. By that, I mean, I think they over thought it, and thus priced it wrong. When they rolled it out, for a few more bucks, you could get a 2LT Corvette. But you could get a Mustang GT, or Challenger R/T for a lot less.

I think another issue with 6th Gen sales was the perception of the 8 spd transmission issues. Any enthusiast researching a potential purchase of the Camaro could find plenty about the TC issues on this transmission, on both the Camaro and Corvette forums. In fact, I'm playing with idea of getting a 6th Gen, but am completely ruling out an automatic. (of course, I prefer a manual anyway)

Now, of course the bread butter for Camaro are the LS and LT models. Perhaps part of the refresh on these cars was to make them a little less aggressive looking, for those that wanted a "sporty" car, but not necessarily aggressive looking car. But what they did to the SS was just ridiculous in every way.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #117
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
That'll be cool!!! I may get my tape deck fixed.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #118
lbls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
The biggest predictor of the future of the Camaro is the reassignment of Oppenheiser.

They created a great car with the 6th Gen, maybe too great. By that, I mean, I think they over thought it, and thus priced it wrong. When they rolled it out, for a few more bucks, you could get a 2LT Corvette. But you could get a Mustang GT, or Challenger R/T for a lot less.

I think another issue with 6th Gen sales was the perception of the 8 spd transmission issues. Any enthusiast researching a potential purchase of the Camaro could find plenty about the TC issues on this transmission, on both the Camaro and Corvette forums. In fact, I'm playing with idea of getting a 6th Gen, but am completely ruling out an automatic. (of course, I prefer a manual anyway)

Now, of course the bread butter for Camaro are the LS and LT models. Perhaps part of the refresh on these cars was to make them a little less aggressive looking, for those that wanted a "sporty" car, but not necessarily aggressive looking car. But what they did to the SS was just ridiculous in every way.
I can agree with this. Realize that the Camaro was already a great vehicle, even as far back as the end of the 4th generation with the LS1. Perhaps the price for an 'SS today isn't really out of this world. Realize that a 6th gen 'SS with the lt1 is right up there with the base vette in terms of acceleration; The 1LE series that can handle as well or better than a standard vette, and both the 'SS and 1LE are capable of stomping BMW's M4. That is a great feat by today's standards, that a car performs as well or better than other vehicles that range from roughly $65-$90 grand.

The problem is that Camaro and Chevy fans can't get over the fact that their once affordable v8 sports car now costs more than what they're used to paying.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #119
lbls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Cassettes were capable of amazing music reproduction, including outstanding low frequency (bass). At their height the cassette IMO had the best bass reproduction short of the Reel to Reel medium. CDs finally caught up to cassettes later with bass reproduction, plus CDs have developed very wide music reproduction ranges. Still, records remain my favorite music media. The sound from records, to me, is unlike any other media (including tapes).

Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #120
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
CD's always seem to sound the best to me in modern radios that have the CD option.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #121
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
The downfall with cassettes was that you could literally wear the music off by listening too much to one. I had a “we sold our soul to rock n roll” Sabbath cassette and wore it out as I listened to it in my vehicles as my only music within a yr. and yes cassettes had enormous bass. If you think cd trumps vinyl in audio? Here’s a chart to see how much you’re actually missing from it due to cd. Dvd is a little closer:

https://electronics.howstuffworks.co...ds-or-dvds.htm

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote