Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #1289
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
When you order a new block from g.m. it comes without the oil restrictor in the block, missing a expansion plug on the front of the block, and will be without the ten side bolts for the bearings end caps for the connecting rods. Just so someone interested will know this important info, without these...you have multiple problems like zero oil pressure, damaged bearings, the need to buy ten bolts and sealer for them and a expansion plug, or carefully remove your old oil restrictor that boosts pressure with its seal if you can without damaging it from the old block.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #1290
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapone4 View Post
if you lock the doors with the key, when you open it with the key this will not happen
Why would you use your key and risk scratching the door when you get a "KEYLESS ENTRY". That's like paying for electricity and always using candles.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #1291
sebulba

Drives: 2010 LT2 RS
I read this somewhere. If you disconnect the battery to fix something and shut the trunk closed you're SOL. No way to open the trunk to reconnect the battery. you'll have to connect a charger or other battery in the engine bay terminals. If you happened to have locked your doors too, you know the rest...
sebulba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #1292
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebulba View Post
I read this somewhere. If you disconnect the battery to fix something and shut the trunk closed you're SOL. No way to open the trunk to reconnect the battery. you'll have to connect a charger or other battery in the engine bay terminals. If you happened to have locked your doors too, you know the rest...

Why can't you fold the seat down and get to the emergency trunk release?
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:40 AM   #1293
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Why can't you fold the seat down and get to the emergency trunk release?
On the vert, the seat doesn't fold down, but there is a mechanical trunk release under the left side of the seat back that is operated with the key.
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:41 PM   #1294
Crazysamz

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS W/most 2SS features
Wow, I just spent a while going through this entire thread, learned a few tidbits.

One thing I could add that some people probably already know but was also not mentioned is the hood vents in the SS are functional for '14 and up
Crazysamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:38 AM   #1295
13Conv2SSRS

Drives: 2013 Black Convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mels RS View Post
On the vert, the seat doesn't fold down, but there is a mechanical trunk release under the left side of the seat back that is operated with the key.
I found the key slot, and my key fits in it, but it won't turn either direction, nor release the trunk lid. Are there special conditions under which this manual release works? Or is it most likely that the previous owner had the car re-keyed for some reason and they didn't change that cylinder?

To whoever first posted this - thanks for this tip, I didn't know that one!
13Conv2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:41 AM   #1296
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
did you buy the car at a GM dealer. They might replace the truck cylinder because it is a safety issue. Worth a try.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #1297
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Conv2SSRS View Post
I found the key slot, and my key fits in it, but it won't turn either direction, nor release the trunk lid. Are there special conditions under which this manual release works? Or is it most likely that the previous owner had the car re-keyed for some reason and they didn't change that cylinder?
To whoever first posted this - thanks for this tip, I didn't know that one!
Try again. It's pretty hard to turn.
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #1298
13Conv2SSRS

Drives: 2013 Black Convertible 2SS/RS
Got it, just had to try harder. Thanks!!
13Conv2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #1299
ZSS

Drives: '13SS '13RSdroptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
If you are sitting at a stop light and a ricer with a wing and butt trumpet pulls up next to you, when he revs his engine your windows will open on their own so they can hear you laughing hysterically!!
Dam-I almost choked laughing so hard at this! I'd never heard "butt trumpets" b4 but is now part of my ricer vocabulary!! 😜😜😆😃😄👍
ZSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #1300
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebulba View Post
Yeah, you open the door with your key
Old 05-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #1301
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
On your rear seats there are small pictures of a kids car seat on the round plastic circles....

Just noticed this yesterday removing my seats.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #1302
davepnw

Drives: 2010 2LT, switchblade silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseB View Post
Thanks!!!! I always hold the cap in my hand while pumping so it doesn't touch the car. I'll have to try this next time.
When I went to the G.M. locking gas cap (ignition key) I removed the lanyard so the pump jockey would have to put the gas cap on top of the gas pump. Saves chipped paint on the quarter panel. I also watch as they do this in case they try to lay it on the car somewhere.

Last edited by davepnw; 05-08-2016 at 04:04 PM.
davepnw is offline   Reply With Quote