Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #13399
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
HRPT

Had a great time with Dan, Jim, Gina, and Chase....I don't think I ever actually saw Diane, but I did talk to her several times on the phone. Thinking pretty seriously about doing the long haul next year with Dan and Jim.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #13400
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.O to Atl View Post
wat exactly does C5 mean ?
Ummmm! Camaro5!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #13401
1FOCUSS
ACE5.ORG (Atlanta Group)

Drives: 2011 RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz69 View Post
Sorry guys, missed a bunch of your responses. Yeah, I traded up over the weekend. i have just been too frustrated with Callaway as of late. Not the car as much as the company. It took them 3-1/2 months to get me a new carbon fiber power window for the hood when it started having clear coat issues for the second time. Last year I had to get the wheels fixed myself as there was some sort of problem with them that Callaway had no interest in even looking at. In general I just felt like they did not do a good job of supporting their product. On top of that, they actually had the balls to send me a warranty extension packet to extend the Callaway warranty from 3/36 to 5/60 for $2900. I got that when I was still waiting on my hood to be replaced.

Blake, I will try to make it on Wednesday. I missed about 6 weeks now I think, mostly due to work and bad timing.
Congrats!!! Look at that beast...
1FOCUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #13402
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FOCUSS View Post
Congrats!!! Look at that beast...
YSYWM
Old 06-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #13403
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Had a great time with Dan, Jim, Gina, and Chase....I don't think I ever actually saw Diane, but I did talk to her several times on the phone. Thinking pretty seriously about doing the long haul next year with Dan and Jim.
Yeah, I missed you..........seems like I was always a step ahead of where you all were........by the end of the week I was exhausted and didn't stay at the venues very long. The long haul is something not to be missed. The drive in at Fort Worth showing American Graffiti was a blast, we also went to downtown Dallas to a drive in restaurant and cruised. Between Texarkana and Little Rock we took a side trip to Street and Performance in Mena, AR. That was a very cool shop. Between Little Rock and Memphis we went to Batesville, AR to Mark Martin's museum, which was a fun ride. Took the car on the drag strip at Memphis and had my oil changed that morning. We took a little variation of the route from Memphis to Birmingham and did some filming with my GoPro. The rain in Birmingham kind of put a damper on things, but glad it held out til later. Left Chattanooga a little early for a BBQ with the Bangshift group in Cleveland TN. Went to the lunch stop at Roush Yates, and took my car on the dragstrip at ZMax too. I was staged next to a monster Corvette that took Clarence Barnes from Hot Rod Magazine for a ride. The driver told the Zmax staging official he wanted Clarence to "squeal like a girl", which I took offense to.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #13404
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
Stone Mountain

I have been viewing this forum for a while. I have only posted a few times. I live outside of Macon and am considering driving up to Stone Mountain tomorrow. I have never been to Stone Mountain before. Is there a certain gate you enter once you get there. If so where is that gate. Also what time will you guys be meeting?
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #13405
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
You guys will like this, an upcoming game for the next-gen xbox. (yes even the old timers!)

http://youtu.be/d4JnshyKOOQ

Looks like an MMO similar to the need-for-speed games!

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #13406
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC U View Post
I have been viewing this forum for a while. I have only posted a few times. I live outside of Macon and am considering driving up to Stone Mountain tomorrow. I have never been to Stone Mountain before. Is there a certain gate you enter once you get there. If so where is that gate. Also what time will you guys be meeting?
There is more than one gate to the park. But the easiest, if you haven't been before, is the one off hwy 78 ... coming from macon, 75n to 675n to 285e to hwy 78e ... there's a nice big sign on 78 for the park entrance. I think it's exit 39??

There is prob a shorter way to get there via backroads, I would suggest google maps maybe if you want to take the country route ...

Someone should be there early to claim a spot. And will probably be an all day thing. I know I'm staying for the laser show later in the eve, sure others are as well. There was a map posted in the official thread, of the park and where we should be. Page 3 about half way down. B marks the spot in the park.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292969
Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #13407
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubStep View Post
You guys will like this, an upcoming game for the next-gen xbox. (yes even the old timers!)

Had me up till the offroad part .... nice eye candy though!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #13408
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
Stone Mountain

driving up Saturday not tomorrow
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #13409
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC U View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
There is more than one gate to the park. But the easiest, if you haven't been before, is the one off hwy 78 ... coming from macon, 75n to 675n to 285e to hwy 78e ... there's a nice big sign on 78 for the park entrance. I think it's exit 39??

There is prob a shorter way to get there via backroads, I would suggest google maps maybe if you want to take the country route ...

Someone should be there early to claim a spot. And will probably be an all day thing. I know I'm staying for the laser show later in the eve, sure others are as well. There was a map posted in the official thread, of the park and where we should be. Page 3 about half way down. B marks the spot in the park.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292969
I just did a little update to the Stone Mountain thread, please correct anything that I might have made a mistake on, but there is a map and some written directions! Welcome!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #13410
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
Had me up till the offroad part .... nice eye candy though!
The point is you can customize everything in rather extreme ways, from street machine to dune buggy

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #13411
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
The point is you can customize everything in rather extreme ways, from street machine to dune buggy
Eric, are you still coming on Saturday? Did you sign up to bring anything yet?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #13412
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:

I'm pretty big in the gaming. My system is down now, due to move. Video looks good, but need to see what the game play is about. Even Forza Horizon sucked, in my opinion. The more realistic the better, like Forza 3 and 4. In Horizon you can just bounce off cars and keep going, just like the old crappy games. Takes away from good Force Feedback, in my opinion. I guess I don't want to play a game, I want to run a simulator. The photo isn't my set up, but is what I use.
Attached Images

Last edited by colemanvoice; 06-13-2013 at 10:36 AM.
colemanvoice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep