Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 AM   #1345
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
LOL, you are right Randy....... I guess it is all in perspective of ones opinion. If a game is tied and goes into OT and the score is 35 to 35 people say a great game, if the score is 6-6 then people it is bland.

Me personally I like defense...kind of a macho thing. If you have a dominating defense, you are more likely to man handle the other team especially if they are not use to that type of football. Blitzing, hard hits, physical teams seem more like football to me....and is kinda the reason I rally like Trent Richarson...he is a MAN when he runs the football, he carries the pile and imposes his will. True his line helps out tremendously but he is a stud.

Personally I would like to see OSU play Bama or LSU for the very reasons you stated but becuase I want Bama to play I am a little biased in what I feel.

I like the fact that neither Saban or Gundy is politicing like Mac Brown did a few years back. I was shocked when Gundy said that " Right Now" he could not put OSU ahead of Bama...his opinion may change if he throttles OU....His reason were the same as mine...their loss is worse than Bama's. He is not using recent events to try and get sympathy or votes or whatever. I am impressed with his stance and his honesty, especially in todays college football climate.

If there is a good thing about this year is that it shows the major flaws in the BCS system. It was designed to have the two best teams play. It never had any thoughts about what if they are from the same conference etc......

Just like in 2009 Florida was #1 and Alabama was #2, they played n the SEC Championship, spanked Florida and Tebow, so Alabama/Texas play. I can't remember right now if there were any other teams ranked high up with one loss and it could have been bad then if Texas had one loss. The problem comes in when you only have 1 undefeated team and a bunch of good one loss teams.

I think Alabama should play LSU in the SEC Championship game and who ever wins goes to the BCSNCCG, but peopl say that isn't fair because some conferences do not have a championship game...the arguement against the Big 10 for many years.

I do think that after this year that alot of things will be looked at, they may not change now because of the current contract but things will change if they re-new the BCS....kinda like when UCONN won the Big East last year or kinda like this year with whomever wins the Big East...no one is lining up to watch that match up with who ever they play because they have so many losses, probably 3 by the time it plays out.

The last thing I will say about Alabama getting to play LSU in a rematch is that I really don't think it will be a 6-6 game. There will be more offense or more points scored ( may come from the defenses) I think Saban relaized he screwed up by the half back pass and he didn't ride his horse. Richardson was wearing the defense out and was evident by the yardage he started getting before that play. I think whomever scored a TD first would have opened teh flood gates and points would have started coming.....Both teams played too tenatative...kinda like not trying to lose instead of trying to win.

Wonder what will happen if we go down in their back yard and really put it on LSU... I doubt it will be that way because LSU will have a definite home advantage.......I just keep thinking that Bama has played REALLY WELL on the road this year.....I guess I am just hoping Alabama get to play in that game and wins because that is my team.....kinda like the OSU folks are doing.

Side note- tickets are 1300.00 and hotel room are going for about 350.00 and up.... I will be sitting at home watching this one at these prices.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #1346
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
LOL, you are right Randy....... I guess it is all in perspective of ones opinion. If a game is tied and goes into OT and the score is 35 to 35 people say a great game, if the score is 6-6 then people it is bland.

Me personally I like defense...kind of a macho thing. If you have a dominating defense, you are more likely to man handle the other team especially if they are not use to that type of football. Blitzing, hard hits, physical teams seem more like football to me....and is kinda the reason I rally like Trent Richarson...he is a MAN when he runs the football, he carries the pile and imposes his will. True his line helps out tremendously but he is a stud.

Personally I would like to see OSU play Bama or LSU for the very reasons you stated but becuase I want Bama to play I am a little biased in what I feel.

I like the fact that neither Saban or Gundy is politicing like Mac Brown did a few years back. I was shocked when Gundy said that " Right Now" he could not put OSU ahead of Bama...his opinion may change if he throttles OU....His reason were the same as mine...their loss is worse than Bama's. He is not using recent events to try and get sympathy or votes or whatever. I am impressed with his stance and his honesty, especially in todays college football climate.

If there is a good thing about this year is that it shows the major flaws in the BCS system. It was designed to have the two best teams play. It never had any thoughts about what if they are from the same conference etc......

Just like in 2009 Florida was #1 and Alabama was #2, they played n the SEC Championship, spanked Florida and Tebow, so Alabama/Texas play. I can't remember right now if there were any other teams ranked high up with one loss and it could have been bad then if Texas had one loss. The problem comes in when you only have 1 undefeated team and a bunch of good one loss teams.

I think Alabama should play LSU in the SEC Championship game and who ever wins goes to the BCSNCCG, but peopl say that isn't fair because some conferences do not have a championship game...the arguement against the Big 10 for many years.

I do think that after this year that alot of things will be looked at, they may not change now because of the current contract but things will change if they re-new the BCS....kinda like when UCONN won the Big East last year or kinda like this year with whomever wins the Big East...no one is lining up to watch that match up with who ever they play because they have so many losses, probably 3 by the time it plays out.

The last thing I will say about Alabama getting to play LSU in a rematch is that I really don't think it will be a 6-6 game. There will be more offense or more points scored ( may come from the defenses) I think Saban relaized he screwed up by the half back pass and he didn't ride his horse. Richardson was wearing the defense out and was evident by the yardage he started getting before that play. I think whomever scored a TD first would have opened teh flood gates and points would have started coming.....Both teams played too tenatative...kinda like not trying to lose instead of trying to win.

Wonder what will happen if we go down in their back yard and really put it on LSU... I doubt it will be that way because LSU will have a definite home advantage.......I just keep thinking that Bama has played REALLY WELL on the road this year.....I guess I am just hoping Alabama get to play in that game and wins because that is my team.....kinda like the OSU folks are doing.

Side note- tickets are 1300.00 and hotel room are going for about 350.00 and up.... I will be sitting at home watching this one at these prices.
Why not just 'order' all conferences to have a championship game by course of wins ala SEC (the one time I actually agree with the SEC) and other teams and shutting out all nonconfrence games? Result of each gives us a what? 6-8 game playoff for the BCS title? More money to be made all around? Confrences get stronger in the whole of the divison I by not getting steamrolled by a 'super school'?

Honestly, what's the point of noncon games if people are just going to keep bitching about 'strength of schedule' and all that and half of a conference never plays one another in intra-confrence play? What the heck to they earn off these noncon games if they're small teams/small div. 1 teams?
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #1347
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I like the fact that neither Saban or Gundy is politicing like Mac Brown did a few years back. I was shocked when Gundy said that " Right Now" he could not put OSU ahead of Bama...his opinion may change if he throttles OU....His reason were the same as mine...their loss is worse than Bama's. He is not using recent events to try and get sympathy or votes or whatever.
While I agree with the sentiment, if I were the AD I'd consider firing his ass though.

His job is to get in that game.

I wouldn't hold it against him to not campaign as hard but if my head coach actually said they SHOULD be behind another one loss team I'd seriously be pissed as an AD or Pres. in this case.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #1348
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
While I agree with the sentiment, if I were the AD I'd consider firing his ass though.

His job is to get in that game.

I wouldn't hold it against him to not campaign as hard but if my head coach actually said they SHOULD be behind another one loss team I'd seriously be pissed as an AD or Pres. in this case.
Yeah I think he atually cut his own throat with that statement....People say " OSU own coach doesn't think they belong why should we vote them in"

But he is 40 and a man I make jokes but it ain't funny especially with the recent events of the plane crash, don't really like that kind of stuff just like they played up the Tornado's. While I understand Carson Tinker lost his girlfriend Ashely and that is tragic...there are alot of other people who suffered losses and were never mentioned by name...mention one...mention all in my opinion.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #1349
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Yeah I think he atually cut his own throat with that statement....People say " OSU own coach doesn't think they belong why should we vote them in"

But he is 40 and a man I make jokes but it ain't funny especially with the recent events of the plane crash, don't really like that kind of stuff just like they played up the Tornado's. While I understand Carson Tinker lost his girlfriend Ashely and that is tragic...there are alot of other people who suffered losses and were never mentioned by name...mention one...mention all in my opinion.

And agreed. We focus on the popular.

I can honestly say that I hope EVERYONE who has ever met me will do nothing but smile when I die. I don't want any grieving. That's actually my only death fear..... that my family and freinds suffer or grieve in any way.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #1350
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Speaking of meeting peope and Not to get side tracked but this years Fbodygathering is gonna be way out there...I can't wait.

That is kind of a sad weekend......conference championships that really don't play into the title game kinda like when Bama played Florida....Texas-Nebraska
Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #1351
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Absolutely. Never say never about bedlam.
Now, let's throw in another twist besides playing in Stillwater...let's have Gawd awful weather. A nasty forecast for Saturday: cold, often times heavy downpours of rain, possibly turning to a winter mix in the first half, with miserable north winds. Neither team can play their best in crappy conditions. [remember the "ice bowl"!]
I agree OSU will probably pull off a win but only because OU is beat up with injuries right now...no Ryan Broyles, no Dominique Whaley. I think the defenses are pretty evenly matched, as are the quarterbacks.

I hate to say it, but personally, I don't think OSU would make a good showing if they were to play LSU. A good IN YOUR FACE defense rattles Weeden and it goes downhill from there.

Just one Oklahoma fan's opinion.
Yeah it is supposed to be horrible weather conditions which does not favor either team. Just miserable for everyone there. If it does get crappy it wil be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up, if it is a small crowd it will be somewhat of a home game for OU if you take the noise factor out

I am pretty much expecting a OSU win but I will still support the Sooners!
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #1352
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
So, the WVU Mountaineers can wrap up at least a share of the BIG EAST championship tonight with a win over USF in Tampa! Not a bad first season for Holgerson regardless. He took Bill Stewart's guys and a bunch of rookies and did a pretty good job through a lot of diversity. I have to get up at 5 AM to watch this game! Go Mountaineers!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #1353
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
So, the WVU Mountaineers can wrap up at least a share of the BIG EAST championship tonight with a win over USF in Tampa! Not a bad first season for Holgerson regardless. He took Bill Stewart's guys and a bunch of rookies and did a pretty good job through a lot of diversity. I have to get up at 5 AM to watch this game! Go Mountaineers!
I've always liked WVU. Not sure why exactly, but I root for them as long as they are not playing my Wolverines. Hope they win tonight, I'll be watching the game.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #1354
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
You Serious ? Texas A&M Fires Coach Sherman ?

IMO this was a stupid move. Your offense averaged 31+ points a Game and you fire the man who called your plays however its the Defense who lost those games for you and you keep that coach
They had a lead of 13 points or more in 5 games then let teams come back and beat them in the 2nd half. Sounds like to me they needed a New Defensive Cordinator or perhaps after Von Miller left they just needed to find a NEW leader on Defense ?

Ag's I can honestly say a part of me hates yall are leaving......Hell I sat at Kyle field last Thursday night until the lights dam near got turned off taking it in one last time. You have gone from our little brother to a future little sister of LSU

You Fired Francione and make a quick hire and brought in Mike sherman 4 years later after a record of 25 and 25 you fire him and now head to the SEC.

Do yourselves a Favor go for someone like Kirby smart. Dont get someone who understands A&M go for a SEC coach.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #1355
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

WVU vs USF Good game.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #1356
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

WOW! Huge turnover by B.J. Daniels of USF.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #1357
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

What a pass by Geno Smith. WVU can wrap it up here with a short fieldgoal.

Done WVU wins.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #1358
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Brady Hoke named Big10 Coach of the Year. That's his 3rd conference Coach of the Year award in the last 4 years, all 3 in different conferences (MAC, MWC, Big10). I think that speaks volumes to his coaching ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
You Serious ? Texas A&M Fires Coach Sherman ?

IMO this was a stupid move. Your offense averaged 31+ points a Game and you fire the man who called your plays however its the Defense who lost those games for you and you keep that coach
They had a lead of 13 points or more in 5 games then let teams come back and beat them in the 2nd half. Sounds like to me they needed a New Defensive Cordinator or perhaps after Von Miller left they just needed to find a NEW leader on Defense ?

Ag's I can honestly say a part of me hates yall are leaving......Hell I sat at Kyle field last Thursday night until the lights dam near got turned off taking it in one last time. You have gone from our little brother to a future little sister of LSU

You Fired Francione and make a quick hire and brought in Mike sherman 4 years later after a record of 25 and 25 you fire him and now head to the SEC.

Do yourselves a Favor go for someone like Kirby smart. Dont get someone who understands A&M go for a SEC coach.
Haha I love it. All of the smug, lousy A&M fans I know aren't spouting off as much as they used to. First they turn into crybabies over UT and the LHN, then get beat by UT at home in their final shove out the door, now this. Perfect.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote