Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #1373
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #1374
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The NFL draft is generally an athletic contest, but both recruit based on potential. For instance.

Matt Stafford / Jarmarcus Russel. Neither did ANYTHING in college. Neither has done anything in the NFL (ill give Mathew 2 years) both were the best NFL picks? riiiiiiiiiiight. They were picked because they could throw the ball the hardest.
So Stafford breaking school records at UGA amounts to him not doing anything in College along with other accolades? C'mon Zeus...open up a little

http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArtic...&ATCLID=307755
Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #1375
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
That's what I'm talking about. In order for me to familiarize myself with this stuff, I gotta study it. I can't just turn on the TV and learn it.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #1376
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
So Stafford breaking school records at UGA amounts to him not doing anything in College along with other accolades? C'mon Zeus...open up a little

Some say Stafford would have been picked ahead of Bradford if Bradford would have come out.

Stafford may have gotten the kiss of death by going to the Lions and there is speculation that Bradford stayed to avoid that.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #1377
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Some say Stafford would have been picked ahead of Bradford if Bradford would have come out.

Stafford may have gotten the kiss of death by going to the Lions and there is speculation that Bradford stayed to avoid that.
Maybe...but quite a few teams where hot on him and those guys are way more experienced than us...and those same guys were not that hot on Tim Tebow....lol..just saying
Old 09-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #1378
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Of course not. That's not what I'm saying. If it's your JOB and you ACTUALLY go watch these kids, I'm sure it's great. I love football so I'd LOVE that job. But what the hack do you know about anyone outside your state? What can I know about anyone outside MY state? What can a guy in Texas know about anyone in Florida? As far as keeping up with national recruiting, it's a bean counting borefest.
I know a lot about the FL recruits, but I know a good deal about the National Recruits as well. Nowadays with ESPN hosting their own Recruiting website its not as hard as you think.

Quote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but what did he break besides a single season offense UGA record?

I mean, that's great but I dont think it does anything for him going with the 1st pick in the draft. I'm talking about individual awards and winning big games like QB's should be able to do.

Quote:

Could be, never know. Brandon Spikes stayed because he wanted to go #1 MLB, and that wouldn't have happened with Curry coming out.

Quote:
Maybe...but quite a few teams where hot on him and those guys are way more experienced than us...and those same guys were not that hot on Tim Tebow....lol..just saying
A Big arm is an asset, not a package. I guess the NFL Execs figured that they could mold an NFL QB out of a physically gifted passer.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #1379
1320junkie

Zeus let me ask you this..why was Tebow not projected to go high if at all in last years draft..but yet Stafford was?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #1380
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Zeus let me ask you this..why was Tebow not projected to go high if at all in last years draft..but yet Stafford was?
Throwing motion, ball Velocity
Old 09-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #1381
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Check this out: Stafford - Tebow - Snead in the Elite 11 coming out of HS

Old 09-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #1382
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I know a lot about the FL recruits, but I know a good deal about the National Recruits as well. Nowadays with ESPN hosting their own Recruiting website its not as hard as you think.
I don't have time for all that. It's all I can do to keep up with college and the pros. What I do catch is mostly from the media and watching the games. An accasional article I'm interested in. Hell, I don't 'study' ANY of it. The extra time I do have is spent here or out.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #1383
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
I don't have time for all that. It's all I can do to keep up with college and the pros. What I do catch is mostly from the media and watching the games. An accasional article I'm interested in. Hell, I don't 'study' ANY of it. The extra time I do have is spent here or out.
Yep well once you get into it gets real interesting. I never even bothered following it till UF picked up Tebow. He was such a high profile recruit that the talk of him coming in made it more appealing to go out and find what teams are getting what players. Hell in the Ps3 NCAA game's dynasty mode, 1/2 the game is you recruiting kids out of highschool.

Check out this Adrian Peterson HS run
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #1384
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Yep well once you get into it gets real interesting. I never even bothered following it till UF picked up Tebow. He was such a high profile recruit that the talk of him coming in made it more appealing to go out and find what teams are getting what players. Hell in the Ps3 NCAA game's dynasty mode, 1/2 the game is you recruiting kids out of highschool.

Check out this Adrian Peterson HS run
If he could just stay healthy he'll be one of the best ever.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #1385
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
If he could just stay healthy he'll be one of the best ever.
I think he is, I dont think he will put up the all time great numbers because of health issues (Emitt Smith's record is safe...) But imo hes the best running back of all time.

No one else had his strength, size, speed, agility and field vision. You can point to anyone one of those things and match them up with another player, but who has all of them? AP.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #1386
1320junkie

ESPN...#4 ole miss. vs S.Car