Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-12-2018, 07:13 AM   #2647
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yes he ran 11:80s in his 650 hp ZL1 without even trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You’re a seasoned drag racer. Knowing you’ve quoted the Boss as 4.0 for 0-60 and 12.3 et, what have you run in your Boss?

You called out Blaq because his run was off the magazine times. It would be interesting to see what side of 12.3 you ran in your Boss.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #2648
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You guys crack me up... Calm down and take a deep breath.

If you all met face to face you'd probably be best buds...
yup, they'd prob drink a few PBR's together. Nevermind Blaqwhole prob only drinks 'craft' beers. Why can't we all just get along?
Old 11-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #2649
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

You called out Blaq because his run was off the magazine times. It would be interesting to see what side of 12.3 you ran in your Boss.
I'd like to give you that information but my car is no longer stock so it wouldn't be accurate. But to answer your question no I haven't run it at a strip, it won't hook on the street so I know what will happen at the strip.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #2650
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
My apologies. I didn’t think you were going to snap. Because I didn’t want to dig thru a hundred old threads. looking for a video. But all of this complaining about broken axles and blow engines in GTs. Did you have a bad experience with a Mustang? That you once owned? I’m still on stock axles. Stock suspension. Same tired engine from 2015. Trying to make 9 second passes. Hundreds of runs. So I can’t relate to your rant. Yes your car is slightly more expensive than a GT. But Let’s not get carried away. It’s still an affordable car for anyone with a decent job. Most on this forum could swing the extra 10 grand for the cost difference between a loaded SS or GT to a ZL1. If they so desired. Just say you have different priorities. Than the real racers. And let it go at that. No need to get angry. Again my apologies
Dude, this entire rant is ridiculous and assumptive. Calm your ass down and step off your high horse for a second. I did get a kick out of your little "triggered" comments. And I know you must be tickled pink to think all of that. Good for you. But it's all in your imagination. I ditched my GT BEFORE any of that nonsense could happen because I saw it all the time at my local track and with people I know. So yea just because you say that you've done this and that and never had an issue, we all have seen enough evidence to support that you are either one of the lucky ones or you're lying. Personally I think the latter. Everyone and their mother has run 9s and 10s and never ever had an issue at all, sure. Congrats. I chose not to take a chance.

I figured, why build up a GT when I could just buy a ZL1 that could do everything I wanted. Which is what I did. 11s is all I wanted out of the car. High 11s. Actually, all I wanted was an easy 12 flat. So 11.8 was icing on the cake. Could I go back and shoot for an 11.6 or 11.4? Absolutely. But I have no desire to do so. Which is why I don't mind all your silly little comments about "650 HP and only 11.8", lol!! We all know how fast this car is. Everyone who owns one does not have to go and beat the shit outta their car at the track. And to be quite honest with you, I didn't even go to race that night. I was just going to spectate. I decided to run after walking the pits and talking to people.

Let me ask you, why don't you build your car into the 8s? Why not 7s? Why not go pro and run even faster than that? I mean, why stop at 9s when you and your Mustang pals are such seasoned racers? If Mustangs are in the 9s and 10s as easily as you guys like to make it out to be, then there should be a whole lot of them going even faster. There shouldn't be any problem getting into faster brackets. Why isn't yours faster than that? I'm curious.

And trust me, there aren't as many people out there as you think that can buy a $70K car. On your home forum alone there were lots of people who bought GTs only because they couldn't get a price break on a base SS. That should tell you something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameovergt View Post
yup, they'd prob drink a few PBR's together. Nevermind Blaqwhole prob only drinks 'craft' beers. Why can't we all just get along?
I'll drink anything that you can pour into a glass and that has alcohol in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I'd like to give you that information but my car is no longer stock so it wouldn't be accurate. But to answer your question no I haven't run it at a strip, it won't hook on the street so I know what will happen at the strip.
What does your car run now? What did it run when it was stock?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #2651
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Dude, this entire rant is ridiculous and assumptive. Calm your ass down and step off your high horse for a second. I did get a kick out of your little "triggered" comments. And I know you must be tickled pink to think all of that. Good for you. But it's all in your imagination. I ditched my GT BEFORE any of that nonsense could happen because I saw it all the time at my local track and with people I know. So yea just because you say that you've done this and that and never had an issue, we all have seen enough evidence to support that you are either one of the lucky ones or you're lying. Personally I think the latter. Everyone and their mother has run 9s and 10s and never ever had an issue at all, sure. Congrats. I chose not to take a chance.

I figured, why build up a GT when I could just buy a ZL1 that could do everything I wanted. Which is what I did. 11s is all I wanted out of the car. High 11s. Actually, all I wanted was an easy 12 flat. So 11.8 was icing on the cake. Could I go back and shoot for an 11.6 or 11.4? Absolutely. But I have no desire to do so. Which is why I don't mind all your silly little comments about "650 HP and only 11.8", lol!! We all know how fast this car is. Everyone who owns one does not have to go and beat the shit outta their car at the track. And to be quite honest with you, I didn't even go to race that night. I was just going to spectate. I decided to run after walking the pits and talking to people.

Let me ask you, why don't you build your car into the 8s? Why not 7s? Why not go pro and run even faster than that? I mean, why stop at 9s when you and your Mustang pals are such seasoned racers? If Mustangs are in the 9s and 10s as easily as you guys like to make it out to be, then there should be a whole lot of them going even faster. There shouldn't be any problem getting into faster brackets. Why isn't yours faster than that? I'm curious.

And trust me, there aren't as many people out there as you think that can buy a $70K car. On your home forum alone there were lots of people who bought GTs only because they couldn't get a price break on a base SS. That should tell you something.

?
Fraxum, Snowblind, either of you ever see me break? You both race at the same track that I do. And your both there quite often. It appears I’m a liar now because I’ve never broke. They’ll chime in later I’m sure. I wouldn’t expect two hardcore Chevy guys like that. to lie for a mouthy ford guy like me! But you must either be a professional spectator at the drag strip. Which would explain the 11.8 modded ZL1 run. Or your not at the drag strip at all. And your making all the I see breakages all the time nonsense up! I guess there could be an option number three. That could be you are racing all the time but just flat out suck! Now on to your why question? I don’t want to go faster than 10.00 because after that. The safety equipment requirements change. I just sold a race car. That ran low 9s. If I wanted to go 8s or 7s or go pro. I would have just kept the car I built. I like having this car. I can drive to the track. And not have to crawl over a rollbar. With heated and cooled leather seats. Air conditioning, 12 speaker audio. No skinnie front tires. Or any of the other consessions people make to go fast. Curb stomp cocky guys in “expensive” cars. Then drive home. I can’t talk for the guys on my forum. And what they can or cannot afford. But I can tell you this. I had 30k into a car that I could only race at the track. And another 10k into a trailer to haul that car back and forth. So a ZL1 is well within my reach. If that were my priority. See it’s not so hard to say. I have other priorities. You’d probably be better off doing that. Then making a bunch of wild accumptions of your own. About how often Mustangs break. Or what people can or cannot afford. Etc. Etc.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 11-12-2018 at 01:15 PM.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #2652
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Fraxum, Snowblind, either of you ever see me break? You both race at the same track that I do. And your both there very often. It appears I’m a liar now because I’ve never broke. They’ll chime in later I’m sure. I wouldn’t expect two hardcore Chevy guys like that to lie for me! Now on to your why question? I don’t want to go faster than 10.00 because after that. The safety equipment requirements change. I just sold a race car. That ran low 9s. If I wanted to go 8s or 7s or go pro. I would have just kept the car I built. I like having this car. I can drive to the track. And not have to crawl over a rollbar. With heated and cooled leather seats. Air conditioning, 12 speaker audio. No skinnie front tires. Or any of the other consessions people make to go fast. Curb stomp cocky guys in “expensive” cars. Then drive home. I can’t talk for the guys on my forum. And what they can or cannot afford. But I can tell you this. I had 30k into a car that I could only race at the track. And another 10k into a trailer to haul that car back and forth. So a ZL1 is well within my reach. If that were my priority. See it’s not so hard to say. I have other priorities. You’d probably be better off doing that. Then making a bunch of wild accumptions of your own About how often Mustangs break. Or what people can or cannot afford. Etc. Etc.
Yes I think you are a liar. But that is besides the point.

So you can see exactly what I'm saying then can't you? You have YOUR car and you got what YOU wanted out of it and you're satisfied with that. That is exactly how I feel. I know for a fact that my car can go faster than what I did. And I know damn well that I could go faster in it if I wanted. Furthermore, I could dump money into it and blast the doors off any of these losers who think they can "curb stomp" an expensive car. And if I really wanted, I could go get something like a GTR and completely obliterate anyone in a modded 10 flat GT who wants it. But end of the day, I don't care enough to do all that. I have 2 cars that are well known for what they can do by all but the stupidest people or those who like to troll. I have better things to do than waste my time at a track all day running my car. So again, these dumbass comments about "11.8 in a 650 HP ZL1" mean nothing to me. Just like if I said how pathetic it is to have a car modded like yours and NOT be in the 9s when all these guys talk about is how easy it is to get into the 9s. It probably wouldn't bother you one bit. Even if it is true. For the record, putting $30K into a car over a period of time is not the same as being able to afford or buy a $70K car. If I were you tho, I would never throw away that kind of money into modding a car. But do you bro.

And I never made assumptions. We all saw the first outings of the 18 GTs where they were snapping shit left and right. Go on your own forum and I'm sure you'll find problem threads in just about every sub-forum. It is well known that Mustangs are not the most reliable cars when pushed hard. I've seen many of them break on the track. Including a buddy of mine. And it goes from small stuff like axles to other stuff like clutches, OPGs, internal engine problems, etc. Look at all the problems the 18 and GTs are having with their engines and trannys. Look at the issues with the GT350 consuming oil, catching fire, etc. You got lucky, going off your word alone. So good for you. But more often than not they have more issues than you care to admit.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #2653
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameovergt View Post
Nothing wrong with craft beers.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #2654
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes I think you are a liar. But that is besides the point.

So you can see exactly what I'm saying then can't you? You have YOUR car and you got what YOU wanted out of it and you're satisfied with that. That is exactly how I feel. I know for a fact that my car can go faster than what I did. And I know damn well that I could go faster in it if I wanted. Furthermore, I could dump money into it and blast the doors off any of these losers who think they can "curb stomp" an expensive car. And if I really wanted, I could go get something like a GTR and completely obliterate anyone in a modded 10 flat GT who wants it. But end of the day, I don't care enough to do all that. I have 2 cars that are well known for what they can do by all but the stupidest people or those who like to troll. I have better things to do than waste my time at a track all day running my car. So again, these dumbass comments about "11.8 in a 650 HP ZL1" mean nothing to me. Just like if I said how pathetic it is to have a car modded like yours and NOT be in the 9s when all these guys talk about is how easy it is to get into the 9s. It probably wouldn't bother you one bit. Even if it is true. For the record, putting $30K into a car over a period of time is not the same as being able to afford or buy a $70K car. If I were you tho, I would never throw away that kind of money into modding a car. But do you bro.

And I never made assumptions. We all saw the first outings of the 18 GTs where they were snapping shit left and right. Go on your own forum and I'm sure you'll find problem threads in just about every sub-forum. It is well known that Mustangs are not the most reliable cars when pushed hard. I've seen many of them break on the track. Including a buddy of mine. And it goes from small stuff like axles to other stuff like clutches, OPGs, internal engine problems, etc. Look at all the problems the 18 and GTs are having with their engines and trannys. Look at the issues with the GT350 consuming oil, catching fire, etc. You got lucky, going off your word alone. So good for you. But more often than not they have more issues than you care to admit.
You keep saying go to the forums. I don’t race on forums. If I went off of the forums. I would think an SS 8 speed would fly apart. The first time someone pulled the car off the lot. I mean just take a look at “your forum”..... But I’m smart enough to know better. Are you? This is why I never questioned the SS build quality. Sure a few people on either forum are unfortunate enough to have issues. If you really believe. GM makes 100% perfect cars. And other manufacturers are only pumping out junk. I have some property I’d like to sell you. Let me guess. You bought your “expensive” car in cash. And didn’t finance a penny. Because if you financed. That’s exactly the same as investing 40 grand in a race car over time. Please go ahead and tell me you bought that 60k car in cash. After you just got done calling me a liar. Please....
Old 11-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #2655
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Nothing wrong with craft beers.
Kinda what I was thinking.

Are you two done yet??
Old 11-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #2656
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
You keep saying go to the forums. I don’t race on forums. If I went off of the forums. I would think an SS 8 speed would fly apart. The first time someone pulled the car off the lot. I mean just take a look at “your forum”..... But I’m smart enough to know better. Are you? This is why I never questioned the SS build quality. Sure a few people on either forum are unfortunate enough to have issues. If you really believe. GM makes 100% perfect cars. And other manufacturers are only pumping out junk. I have some property I’d like to sell you. Let me guess. You bought your “expensive” car in cash. And didn’t finance a penny. Because if you financed. That’s exactly the same as investing 40 grand in a race car over time. Please go ahead and tell me you bought that 60k car in cash. After you just got done calling me a liar. Please....
He didn't buy 1 $60k car cash... he bought 2.

I took a 20yr break from the track because I got caught up getting married, buying a home and raising kids while me and my wife built our careers. I got back to the track in 2010 and have been a fixture since. In that time I have seen one 2011 and newer Camaro/Mustang break at the track... It was BBR in their new at the time 2015 m6 GT spraying out of the hole they snapped an axle shaft, that's it.

So all his nonsense about Mustangs having all these issues when raced is bullshit like just about everything else he says.

when we claim we had no issues we're liars LOL.

Blaq , Take that Hellcat you paid $60k+ for to the track and launch that pig on a sticky tire and get back to me.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #2657
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
I'm in for craft beers and/or single malt whisky!
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #2658
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post

I took a 20yr break from the track because I got caught up getting married, buying a home and raising kids while me and my wife built our careers. I got back to the track in 2010 and have been a fixture since. In that time I have seen one 2011 and newer Camaro/Mustang break at the track... It was BBR in their new at the time 2015 m6 GT spraying out of the hole they snapped an axle shaft, that's it.

So all his nonsense about Mustangs having all these issues when raced is bullshit like just about everything else he says.

when we claim we had no issues we're liars LOL.
If your at the track alot. You know people mingle. Reguardless of what they drive. Well yesterday. There was a guy that trailered in the most stunning black 15 rouch mustang ive ever seen. Again the real camaro6 racers. Can back me up on this. From a race stand point. This guy had the absolute best of everything. Twin turbos. Parachute. Roll cage. Everything. Mid 8 second car. Easy 100k invested. what started him down that road. Was a timing sprocket failure. When he was running the roush blower. So up until yesterday. I've never met a single person that suffered a failure. I recall seeing one manual Camaro snap an axle. While running on drag radials. A couple years ago. So it does happen. Trying to say any modern muscle car. Is having massive ammounts of failures. Is just stupid. Im going to tap out of this hot mess. I have mustang guys to argue with back on m6.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 11-12-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #2659
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Kinda what I was thinking.

Are you two done yet??
Man I'm not worried about any bozos. LOL!! I'm on a flight to the Dominican Republic tomorrow morning and I'm staying out there for a week at an all-inclusive resort. Plenty of "craft beers" for me to enjoy while these guys argue about how slow the S550 is or isn't.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #2660
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
I got lucky last night at the track and got to run a 2018 GT A10 with 3.55 gears .. Very nice guy .. I ran a 12.01 @ 114 and he ran a 12.18 @ 115 .. He said I got him by 2 1/2 cars .. His car did have some mods , larger tires , lowered ..All else looked stock ..He is taking it back to the dealer because it has the bad engine tick , he will be getting a new short block ..

One another note , had a demon make some passes last night , seats removed , drag tires and rims ... 10.77 was the best I saw .. Long way from 9.65 .
We prefer not to have same day/track runs compared here. Only random internet runs will be used as baseline numbers...

Thanks for posting, sounds like you met a decent owner willing to have some fun. Oh and, Demon was overrated by Mopar - but that was expected. I prefer cars that run faster than claimed, rather than slower.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote