Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
HELLsx

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
New here from Montreal, Canada.

Hey guy's,

Im a new C5 owner now!! ...well, i am on paper only for now actually.

I am a diehard Camaro guy thru and thru. I had so many Camaro's in my life i lost count, but the difference is, i've always been a "First Gen" guy. I still have 2 1969 Camaro's here actually. I had 3 but sold my 100% original and never apart, 50k miles on the clock one just around Christmas. The other two's are a Tubbed ou chassis car and a new Dynacorn roller(100% new panels, zero GM parts lol!!) i was gonna build the Dynacorn car but health (bad back) and never knowing if i would be able to work on the car from day to day was getting old on me and i was looking (and tried) the Pro Touring stuff to a point, then, realised that instead of hurting myself at trying to make my old cars be new ones, i could try out the new generation and be done all at once!!!

I mean, you get the LS motor... 6 speed trans... Big brakes... Etc etc in a super stiff platform and all creature comforts one can think of!!!

I did like the look of the 2010/13 cars but there was something that didnt get me to fall 100% in love, i still dont know what it is that did that. Then, the 2014 came out, and at first i wasnt sure either, but those lines have grown on me and now i totally LOVE em. I love the new front end and prefer the rear taillights of it too!!

So my story is, i had been looking at a white 2014 a used seller had locally. Hes had her advertised since summer 2015 and had just renewed his ad like, a week before i (finally) decided to make my move. So, i get up that morning thinking im going in for an easy kill as i know hes had it for so long (car had only 4600 km on the clock) so i grab my phone and call him after getting all my money ready and all. ...... Shocker!!! He sold it a few days before!!!! I just missed it!!!!

He had the car online for over aix months, i decide to move a few days after his latest renewal.... And i miss out!!!???? Man was i pissed!!!

Anyway, i sit down, start to look around and even talk to a dealer a few cities away that had a 2SS but wasnt what i wanted (1LE) so i ask him, you think we can find one in Canada maybe?? But the thing was, i wanted a '14/'15 car, NOT a 2016 as i really cant look at that car.... It looks like a Hyundai Tiburon to me (no offense to anyone!) but he searched a bit and came up empty.

Im back to my lazy boy.... Talking to myself and steaming. Then i get up, look at the wife and say, "im going to the dealership, just to talk and see what they can do..." So i do that.

I'll make a long story short, i had just negociated a '14 Denali p/u for my wifes dad last year so they remembered me and the owner was the one to greet me and ask what he could do.... It wasnt to long we were hunting all over Canada.

The result was there was ONLY ONE left in whole Canada!!! But it was in British Columbia (40+ hour drive) and there was like 3000$ charge to get it here. The car was a 2SS, RS, 1LE, with exhaust, Recaro's, Nav, roof, gas cap, etc etc, every single case was checked!!! But it wasnt white like i wanted..... It was BLACK!!! That wasnt too bad eh!!? We could live with that!!! So i waited the 10-15 minutes while the dealerships owner called over there to make sure the car was available and that they were willing to sell it, let it go to me/us.
Guess it was my turn because i got it and even got them to sell under MSRP AND eat the shipping charges!!

So, im now waiting on the phone to ring anyday now to announce me that my new ride as shown up!!

Its my first "new" car ever. (Well, ive had a few ones that were "ours" but this is all my fault and i take complete responsibility lol!!!

So thats where i come from and why i've joined your community.

I was on Lateral g and mostly Yellow Bullet before but plan on beeing here more and more often to learn what are the best moves to do on my new beast!! (Im used to big inch BIg Blocks so bear with me!!)

Father of 3 young girls (7-11 and 13) with same girl for 16 years and married for 4 years now.

Hope to talk and exchange with many of you soon and ill post pics as soon as i get her here!!!

My name is Mario and i go on by HELLsx on the forum, was Leadfoot1 pretty much everywhere else untill now. Figured a change of user id was due with the new life in LS world!!!

Talk to all of you soon,

Mario/HELLsx

Last edited by HELLsx; 03-15-2016 at 08:46 AM.
HELLsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
welcome, need pics when you get it

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
HELLsx

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Thanks guy's!!

I will post pics for sure!!!

I am looking for the best first mods to do if you have ideas or suggestions, i'm all ears!!

I have read about the fuse thing with the exhaust and i also saw a remote to make 'em manual... If anyone's seen these kits?

I also got a set of oem Z-28 replacement badges (hehe, before car is even here...) off a guy on ebay and was going to put em on but am not 100% sure anymore. The brakes are too much of a big tell off and i dont like to look like a wannabe. I came close to pulling the trigger ipon a Z and came to my senses that it was more of a want than a need.... Damn im getting old!!! Lol!!

I am getting the spoiler and wickerbill tough and also the front lip.

Im interested in learning about dropping the car about an inch but am afraid to play with such a balanced machine... I will make all of the learning curve before dooing anything to it.

I left a message to my salesman today and he replied that he should have some news today on the whereabouts of the car.

Thanks again for the welcome!!

M.
HELLsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Welcome and congrats!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #7
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
1camaroland
1Camaroland

Drives: Mosaic Black Metallic 2016 2SS
Sounds like you got a nice Camaro on the way! Congrats and welcome!

Camaro For Life!
Instagram: 1camaroland
1camaroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #9
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
That was a nice white 1le in Ste-Esprit...So your the one with the last gen5 1LE sold from a dealer in Canada! Damn its officially the end of an era. Congrats and welcome to your second home from now on.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #10
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Talking

WELCOME!! Can't wait to see it.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:54 AM   #11
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLsx View Post
Hey guy's,

Im a new C5 owner now!! ...well, i am on paper only for now actually.

I am a diehard Camaro guy thru and thru. I had so many Camaro's in my life i lost count, but the difference is, i've always been a "First Gen" guy. I still have 2 1969 Camaro's here actually. I had 3 but sold my 100% original and never apart, 50k miles on the clock one just around Christmas. The other two's are a Tubbed ou chassis car and a new Dynacorn roller(100% new panels, zero GM parts lol!!) i was gonna build the Dynacorn car but health (bad back) and never knowing if i would be able to work on the car from day to day was getting old on me and i was looking (and tried) the Pro Touring stuff to a point, then, realised that instead of hurting myself at trying to make my old cars be new ones, i could try out the new generation and be done all at once!!!

I mean, you get the LS motor... 6 speed trans... Big brakes... Etc etc in a super stiff platform and all creature comforts one can think of!!!

I did like the look of the 2010/13 cars but there was something that didnt get me to fall 100% in love, i still dont know what it is that did that. Then, the 2014 came out, and at first i wasnt sure either, but those lines have grown on me and now i totally LOVE em. I love the new front end and prefer the rear taillights of it too!!

So my story is, i had been looking at a white 2014 a used seller had locally. Hes had her advertised since summer 2015 and had just renewed his ad like, a week before i (finally) decided to make my move. So, i get up that morning thinking im going in for an easy kill as i know hes had it for so long (car had only 4600 km on the clock) so i grab my phone and call him after getting all my money ready and all. ...... Shocker!!! He sold it a few days before!!!! I just missed it!!!!

He had the car online for over aix months, i decide to move a few days after his latest renewal.... And i miss out!!!???? Man was i pissed!!!

Anyway, i sit down, start to look around and even talk to a dealer a few cities away that had a 2SS but wasnt what i wanted (1LE) so i ask him, you think we can find one in Canada maybe?? But the thing was, i wanted a '14/'15 car, NOT a 2016 as i really cant look at that car.... It looks like a Hyundai Tiburon to me (no offense to anyone!) but he searched a bit and came up empty.

Im back to my lazy boy.... Talking to myself and steaming. Then i get up, look at the wife and say, "im going to the dealership, just to talk and see what they can do..." So i do that.

I'll make a long story short, i had just negociated a '14 Denali p/u for my wifes dad last year so they remembered me and the owner was the one to greet me and ask what he could do.... It wasnt to long we were hunting all over Canada.

The result was there was ONLY ONE left in whole Canada!!! But it was in British Columbia (40+ hour drive) and there was like 3000$ charge to get it here. The car was a 2SS, RS, 1LE, with exhaust, Recaro's, Nav, roof, gas cap, etc etc, every single case was checked!!! But it wasnt white like i wanted..... It was BLACK!!! That wasnt too bad eh!!? We could live with that!!! So i waited the 10-15 minutes while the dealerships owner called over there to make sure the car was available and that they were willing to sell it, let it go to me/us.
Guess it was my turn because i got it and even got them to sell under MSRP AND eat the shipping charges!!

So, im now waiting on the phone to ring anyday now to announce me that my new ride as shown up!!

Its my first "new" car ever. (Well, ive had a few ones that were "ours" but this is all my fault and i take complete responsibility lol!!!

So thats where i come from and why i've joined your community.

I was on Lateral g and mostly Yellow Bullet before but plan on beeing here more and more often to learn what are the best moves to do on my new beast!! (Im used to big inch BIg Blocks so bear with me!!)

Father of 3 young girls (7-11 and 13) with same girl for 16 years and married for 4 years now.

Hope to talk and exchange with many of you soon and ill post pics as soon as i get her here!!!

My name is Mario and i go on by HELLsx on the forum, was Leadfoot1 pretty much everywhere else untill now. Figured a change of user id was due with the new life in LS world!!!

Talk to all of you soon,

Mario/HELLsx
Mario

Congratulations on your recent purchase of an Oshawa Built 5thgen You sound like a true diehard Camaro fan I have been off the site for awhile but occasionally pop back in to read up on whats new and exciting with the 5thgen crowd . So glad to read about you and the journey our Oshawa Camaro has taken.

Enjoy the ride my friend & warm regards from your Oshawa build team . for putting a smile on my face

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote