Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
Peter La Romana

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Video Signal wires rear mirror

Hi I'm Peter I'm a new forum member.
Last December we moved from the small island of Curacao to the much bigger Dominican Republic, for most of you probably still a small place still I thought it was time for a cruising car so I bought a 2012 Camaro.

Since it wasn't new I redid some things like door panels, console and radio, I installed a Kenwood DDX9906 XR which came with the back up camera plug in the attached foto.

I looked everywhere under the dash but could,t find a connector for it, so now I'm thinking since I'm going to install a dash cam also, to pick up the video signal from the cable tree above the rear mirror, already looked at it and it seems like an original tree and mirror. anyone knows what two colors in the tree are for the video signal?

Thx for reading

Peter
Attached Images

Last edited by Peter La Romana; 02-23-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Peter La Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:13 PM   #2
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
IF your backup video is going to the rear-view mirror, then the wiring is not in the
radio cavity, so no, you would not find anything there.

I read: the camera video signal goes from the mirror Pins 6 and 7 (Light blue and Pink
wires) back to the camera.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
Peter La Romana

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanRubin View Post
IF your backup video is going to the rear-view mirror, then the wiring is not in the
radio cavity, so no, you would not find anything there.

I read: the camera video signal goes from the mirror Pins 6 and 7 (Light blue and Pink
wires) back to the camera.
Thank you so much very help full do you happen to know which color goes to the center pin of the yellow RCA connector?
Peter La Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:28 AM   #4
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
No, it is usually yellow, but I don't think that's what GM uses...
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:17 AM   #5
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter La Romana View Post
Hi I'm Peter I'm a new forum member.
Last December we moved from the small island of Curacao to the much bigger Dominican Republic, for most of you probably still a small place still I thought it was time for a cruising car so I bought a 2012 Camaro.

Since it wasn't new I redid some things like door panels, console and radio, I installed a Kenwood DDX9906 XR which came with the back up camera plug in the attached foto.

I looked everywhere under the dash but could,t find a connector for it, so now I'm thinking since I'm going to install a dash cam also, to pick up the video signal from the cable tree above the rear mirror, already looked at it and it seems like an original tree and mirror. anyone knows what two colors in the tree are for the video signal?

Thx for reading

Peter
You will be using this:
https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/...-video-harness

I am assuming you have the factory backup camera based on your description. You have the option to mirror the video or move it to your new head unit. This connection goes behind the passenger side kick panel just in front of the door. It has worked like a charm for me.

IG: StarSaber85(https://www.instagram.com/starsaber85/)

Performance Mods:
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake; ADM Racing Scoop; Bo White Ported Throttle Body; GPI Ported Rod Mod Intake; Kooks 1-7/8" Headers with Catted Connections; Solo Mach XL Axle-Back Exhaust

the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote