Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #29
Ryder

Drives: 2013 1ss 1le
discount tire has nitto 555g2s not drag tires for $201 a piece. new summer tire
Old 06-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #30
Ryder

Drives: 2013 1ss 1le
http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-t...formance-tire/
Old 06-22-2017, 05:31 AM   #31
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Would those be closer to Supercar G2 or Pilot Super Sports in terms of performance and grip?

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #32
Provy

Drives: 13 ZL1
I just scored a set off Tire Rack Wholesale for $125 a tire. Dont need them now, but what a deal!
Provy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:27 PM   #33
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Any deal like this on the factory SS P Zero's?

I'm needing a set of fronts.
Kooks Jet Hot Headers
Kooks Full 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's
Polished PAC .660's & Ti-retainers
TSP VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Smith Bro's Trunnion kit
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
FIC ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Sensor
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
Tim King Stage 4 Max Effort CTSV 6L90
DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
JRE 6L80E / 6L90E Dipstick
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs #7 heat range
Mighty Mouse Camaro 5 Wild w/-12an and Billet Black
HP Tuners VCM Suite
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:40 AM   #34
krazzyk01
Liv'n The Dream!

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS RS 1LE
For some reason I've not gotten notifications for all of y'all's comments. Crazy.

I just got my first set of these put on the car yesterday. I couldn't be happier!

Of course I had to do the run around thing with Discount Tire. I'm really tired of EVERY SINGLE TIME I deal with them they can't get it right on this car. If I take a regular car there, no problem. But if you take anything out of the ordinary there, you had better plan on spelling everything out and then stand over the person doing the work because it's guaranteed to be messed up if you don't.

I took my freshly powder coated wheels to the Bee Caves, TX store which is about an hour drive away because they are the only ones around I can find with a touch-less tire mounting machine. Spoke directly with the store manager and spelled out in simple language to pay close attention because the tires are directional, the same size and that the rims are NOT the same size. I reiterated this several times and he assured me this isn't rocket science and he would mount them himself. I liked the guy and got the feeling it was going to be okay,...this time.....

They were done with them in short order. Wow. That doesn't normally happen. I started looking the wheel/tires over and I was again assured, this isn't difficult, you're all good. At this point I should have listened to the voices in the back of my head and inspected everything as closely as I normally do. Nope. I loaded them up and drove home.

My neighbor stopped over just as I got home and we BS'd while I cleaned off all the mounting jiz they leave on there from mounting then put on my favorite tire shine dressing.

First wheel, on. No problem. Go to grab the next wheel.... Ah F#$k! REALLY! They had mounted both left side tires to both of the rear rims and both of the right side tires to the front wheels. @#$)(*@#()*!@#)$(*#_)($%R)*(&#@*(&^!@#)(*%$_)@*(#$ %(*^!@#)(#%*$_)!@*(#$()*^&%_!@)#$89........Should' ve finished looking them over before driving home.

Called them,...after calming down....

Please bring them back and we'll fix it as soon as you get here. Small applaud. At least they were going to deal with their mistake.

To shorten this a little.....

The manager apologized profusely and admitted he had heard what I had told him about the size difference but it had not stuck because he had never seen a car set up the way ours are with the same size tire on different size wheels.

I had only brought two of the wheels/tires back and had installed the other two already. So they had me out of there in no time.

The manager refunded half of what they charged me for the job because of their error. That's cool.

I need a bigger garage so I can just buy my own tire machines and do this stuff myself. Why not, I have to do everything else myself since no one else can be bothered to do anything right the first time.

Side note to all of this. Buy your own TPMS rebuild kits and sensors at Rockauto.com.

I found manufacture closeout rebuild kits for $0.58 per kit. The normal price is $2.08 per kit. Discount Tire charges $28 per rebuild kit! If you need an entirely new sensor, Rockauto.com is about $28.00 per, and you can get cheaper there as well. Discount Tire....$60.00 per sensor.

Oh ya! I forgot just how much I love these G2's! I honestly was starting to think my clutch was starting to go at 52k miles. NOPE! I was just spinning my tires all the time.

These 92Y tires are just as good as the 100Y's for what I'm doing with them. I might do a track day on each set I bought. These things are SO sticky, I love them! I didn't miss all the crap they pick up and through but I do so love how I can accelerate and corner with them.