Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #43
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Two cracks on the windshield here....I feel like I got the least damage compared to some other folks here.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #44
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
I'd take an LS cobalt over my POS hyundai (yes, thats a trim level ) any day of the week. Round trip was just over 2200 miles.
- X
Agree with you there. Wouldn't catch me dead in a Hyundai.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #45
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Really? What color was the GT500? Can any of your other caravan members corroborate your story? Video?
why do you even bother? Jeez...

Normally you're ok with your 'defense'...but this is just pushing it.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #46
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Really? What color was the GT500? Can any of your other caravan members corroborate your story? Video?
I find this humorous. "defend my masculinity, defend my masculinity"
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #47
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ D-REK View Post
Got a ticket coming back on HWY 84 the speed changed 4 times in about 50 miles way to many small towns and cops with free time he got me 70 in a 55 I was 2 miles away from where the speed went up to 65. FML
The cops were bad on the way home but my Valentine1 worked excellent! No tickets for me thank you valentine1!!
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #48
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
There was a rattle coming from under the car right before you toasted it.... you think it might of been an installation error that killed it?
The Ram twin disk uses metal stanchions for the floaters, which rattle when the clutch pedal is depressed. This would be where the noise came from. Vinnie will more than likely be sending the clutch to ram to have it diagnosed once the new one is put in so we can see what happened.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #49
Imjaybird

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
My fruity father inlaw opened his door right into Cyn's door at a rest stop. Pretty good dent. He wanted to hide in the woods!
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #50
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
1 Rock chip in the windsheild and a hellofa lot of tread off my front tires during the auto-X. All together though, I should have gotten 4 tickets - the police-gods were very generous to me.

Last edited by Rookie13; 04-20-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #51
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
why do you even bother? Jeez...

Normally you're ok with your 'defense'...but this is just pushing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I find this humorous. "defend my masculinity, defend my masculinity"
Defense? What the hell are you talking about? I couldn't care less about what kind of car he might have raced; I have serious doubts the events he stated happened at all, or at least different than he stated.

I asked what color the car was because I know quite a few people along the I-10 corridor that have GT500's and thought it could have been one of them he raced.

I don't see any cop letting anyone going 100+mph off with just a ticket written for a lower speed, especially if he was racing. And the comment about the LEO wanting to get the winner is just asinine.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #52
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
lol, here's his thunder, and here's you stealing it
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #53
cwalls237

Drives: 2010 black camaro ls
i got a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago 90 in a 70
cwalls237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #54
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Defense? What the hell are you talking about? I couldn't care less about what kind of car he might have raced; I have serious doubts the events he stated happened at all, or at least different than he stated.

I asked what color the car was because I know quite a few people along the I-10 corridor that have GT500's and thought it could have been one of them he raced.

I don't see any cop letting anyone going 100+mph off with just a ticket written for a lower speed, especially if he was racing. And the comment about the LEO wanting to get the winner is just asinine.
You know you may be right, but sometimes you just got to read for entertainment and move on.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #55
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:

It seems that every single time there's a story about a GT500 you're jumping right in the middle of it. This is from a 'casual' observer...just something I've noticed over time and unrelated threads.

I did a quick search of for your user name and 'GT500'....I got 423 hits. (that's a fact...not an observation)

And seriously...you want know the color of the car because you know quite a few people along a 700 mile stretch of road between Florida and Texas and you might be able to figure out who it was....this actually made me laugh out loud.

Regarding the credibility of the story....I've seen people got to jail for far less...and people get 'released' COMPLETELY for FAR worse...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #56
Dat Man

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
Thanks...

Quote:

Please don't lose any sleep over this. I am the one that fell for the bait and got hooked. I don't have any need to make up a story. There are 5 people from behind me you can ask what took place. Best of luck to you.

here is a video link for giggles...

Dat Man - Datmobile
2012 Camaro 2SS RS A6 L99 Sunroof
CAI Intake, Muffler Delete, Tune
Delivered 05/05/12

2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 LS3 Sunroof
Blacked Out Ground Effects 21" Black Rims
Delivered 09/24/09 Traded
Dat Man is offline   Reply With Quote