Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
Air Force probes casket photo

From MSN, picture taken back in 08/2011.WTF are they thinking and why!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I'm guessing (and partly hoping) that the guy in the casket isn't actually dead.

But regardless, it's a pretty tasteless picture...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Nope he is not dead,the story is on MSN.com
Old 12-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
people who face death daily like that deal with it in strage ways, no one should judge.

If you want to get your feathers ruffled, make freinds with someone who works in a morgue and listen to the stories they have to tell.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
NFERGY 2011 RJT

The picture was taken at Fort Lee in Virginia,not in a war zone
Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
I agree with you sometimes in those situations you deal with stress and death by making fun of it. I wouldn't be too judgemental until you've walked in those boots.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

I had an NCO that you used to tell me, "...Sir, we are not always paid for what we do, but for what we might have to do." and don't get me wrong although I understand, I would probably "counsel" them on this type of behavior.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
Old 12-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
people who face death daily like that deal with it in strage ways, no one should judge.

If you want to get your feathers ruffled, make freinds with someone who works in a morgue and listen to the stories they have to tell.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
Ruin
...soon

Drives: 1969 Corvette & 2010 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
I had an NCO that you used to tell me, "...Sir, we are not always paid for what we do, but for what we might have to do."

It's a harmless photo. A bit tacky? Sure. But most military photos are (hell in mine in Iraq I'm making my EOD Robot look important!).

They're not depicting Iraqis or Afghanis, there's no flag draped over the coffin to dishonor Americans.

Let the chain of command deal with it...
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
NFERGY 2011 RJT

let me see walk in there shoes,how about 22 years in the military,to include Iraq, so i have been in those shoes
Old 12-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

[QUOTE=Ruin;4166658]

It's a harmless photo. A bit tacky? Sure. But most military photos are (hell in mine in Iraq I'm making my EOD Robot look important!).

They're not depicting Iraqis or Afghanis, there's no flag draped over the coffin to dishonor Americans.

Let the chain of command deal with it...[/QUOTE]As my edit said, I "counsel" them.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

More political correctness.

Do we not remember some of the Vietnam, Korea and WWII pics that were taken?

I, for one, am surprised more pics like this don't pop up. I got no problem with the pic.

Not sure what they were going for but I don't get it.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
As my edit said, I "counsel" them.
OMG........... I've been 'Counsled'. LMAO

I remember the 'Power of the Skillcraft'.............
Old 12-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
OMG........... I've been 'Counsled'. LMAO

I remember the 'Power of the Skillcraft'.............
When I was a Company Commander, I treated my soldiers as adults and expected them to act that way, but I'd tell them, if they screwed up, they might as well head on down to clothing sales and get one lighter, 'cause they were going to need it. "Tryin' Not to Get One Lighter Sir" was the unofficial company motto. I am happy to say, I never had to reduce anyone, and not because of me or the threat but because my NCOs took care of NCO business. HOOAH!