Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #8121
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Chris, if I ever do gears again, JRE/LPE 3.91 it will be.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #8122
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Chris, if I ever do gears again, JRE/LPE 3.91 it will be.
I learned from your Richmond gears to STAY away... LPE makes great stuff, and they know it. Costs an arm and a leg...

Just gotta find a good shop to do them. LPE isnt far from us. I might have them do it.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #8123
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Eh, if I do it I'm just getting an assembled diff from Janetty. It's a simple swap, then send them my diff after its out.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #8124
Whitehambone

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Here are a few more of a really nice race camaro.
It looks like they work on a lot of nice cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVaughan77 View Post
I would recommend IPS Motorsports [IPSmotorsports.net] in Lewis Center, OH just north of Columbus. They have done a lot of work on my car and a ridiculous amount on Darth emma's car. They use HP Tuners and have two dynos at their shop. A mustang dyno and a new dynojet. You can check out the stuff I have done to my car as well as the tuning and power torque numbers in my sig.
I am going to check out both IPS Motorsport and Backstreet Performance, has anyone heard of RDP Motorsport?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #8125
Whitehambone

Quote:
You can check out the stuff I have done to my car as well as the tuning and power torque numbers in my sig.
I see the mods, but what are the HP/TQ numbers? I don't see them in your sig, read through it twice. Am I having one of those days? Maybe next winter I will do a cam. Didi you do your at the same time as all the other mods? If not could you tell the difference after it was done?
Old 12-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #8126
BVaughan77
American Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehambone View Post
I see the mods, but what are the HP/TQ numbers? I don't see them in your sig, read through it twice. Am I having one of those days? Maybe next winter I will do a cam. Didi you do your at the same time as all the other mods? If not could you tell the difference after it was done?
Oh no you're not, I am though. Haha, I thought I had those numbers in there, but I guess I wanted to keep them kind of a secret. They are 460 RWHP and 400 RWTQ.

Mods: Cold Air Inductions, MTI, Kooks, Borla, Ported and polished TB, Custom Dyno Tune, NGK, Hypertech, PFADT, BMR, DSS, JRE, Hurst, SLP, black out bowties.

GM sure did their homework on the new camaro! I just wish it had better visibility...

"HP sells cars, Torque wins races." -Shelby

"There is no replacement for displacement."
BVaughan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #8127
BVaughan77
American Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
I had all this installed at the same time: MTI Stage 2 cam, IPS/PAC dual valve springs and retainer package, OEM 3 bolt cam conversion kit, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats, Dyno and Tune by HP Tuners at IPS motorsports, NGK plugs, 160 T-stat

As you can probably guess, it was a night and day difference! My car had almost 100 HP more than before. All I had done to my maro before I got this stuff above installed was a cold air inductions cold air intake. I had so much fun driving my car the day I got it back that I broke the differential Yeah that was depressing. If you don't have trailing arms already, get them! Protect your diff from evil wheel hop!

Mods: Cold Air Inductions, MTI, Kooks, Borla, Ported and polished TB, Custom Dyno Tune, NGK, Hypertech, PFADT, BMR, DSS, JRE, Hurst, SLP, black out bowties.

GM sure did their homework on the new camaro! I just wish it had better visibility...

"HP sells cars, Torque wins races." -Shelby

"There is no replacement for displacement."
BVaughan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #8128
Whitehambone

Quote:
I had so much fun driving my car the day I got it back that I broke the differential Yeah that was depressing. If you don't have trailing arms already, get them! Protect your diff from evil wheel hop!
I was wondering if the cam came later. My plan is to install the headers and exhaust this winter and get a tune in the spring. I was thinking about a cam for next winter but was not sure, but your numbers sure help that decision.

I am guessing I will be around 410 RWHP, maybe 420 if I'm lucky. But after hearing about your experience, I might shift my attention to some suspension parts next. Did trailing arms solve your problem or did you add more suspension parts as well? Did you go with Pfadt's trailing arms? Any recommendations would be helpful, I'm not so good when it comes to suspensions. Is realignment necessary after installing trailing arm? I guess it is better to add parts than to fix broken ones. Did you stay with the same gears?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #8129
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
It looks like they work on a lot of nice cars.

I am going to check out both IPS Motorsport and Backstreet Performance, has anyone heard of RDP Motorsport?
I've been to RDP's shop a couple times. Seem like real good guys and a beautiful new place. I've seen there work and it is really nice. Don't know anyone who has been tuned there though.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #8130
Whitehambone

Santa dropped something off early...

Headers are being coated.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #8131
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Looks good
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #8132
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Very nice
Old 12-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #8133
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
I like it! I love nice exhaust tips.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #8134
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Purrrrrdy!

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?