Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
How come you don't just tune it down alittle and make some passes before going balls out? Seems like you are having some trouble with all the power. Awsome car, and I can understand wanting to turn it loose forsure I know I would have a hard dialing it down.

It was tuned down. But to him tuned down is 26 psi! Trust me, he and his tuner were trying to make some nice and easy passes just to get a number up. I guess there is nothing nice and easy about starting with 1200+ rwhp!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
How come you don't just tune it down alittle and make some passes before going balls out? Seems like you are having some trouble with all the power. Awsome car, and I can understand wanting to turn it loose forsure I know I would have a hard dialing it down.
It is turned way down We finally have the tune lined out and running crisp and we also got the chassis and suspension figured out but now the trans let go and this is a top level RPM Trans 4l80e but they are taking care of it and will have it back in the car next week. This is just part of it at this level as things are gonna break at these power levels and Im fine with that as this is the route I decided to take. There are ALOT of people and BIG companies that I know of that have broke as well but never let anyone know. This is not really a street car anymore and has the best parts available out there installed but people need to understand you cannot simply bolt stuff up and it all work perfectly from the get go as it takes alot of patience and testing to get it all perfect. Once the trans is back it will finally be time to put it all on the line as I didnt build this car to de-tune it just to make passes as its built for full out runs and whatever breaks along the way will be fixed and put back on the track. So far the only thing I havent broke is the GForce rearend components so a huge props goes out to Chris for all his hard work and support along with everyone else who has helped me along the way.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Fast cars break....often....ask me how I know.

My junk is running again so we'll see what cool air does for it soon.

RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post

Awesome news Bill. I dont think people truly understand what it takes to build these cars or any car for that matter to do what we are trying to do as its alot of headache and alot of testing parts to make it work but worth it once you hit your goals. Just be prepared to open your wallet as it never ends. Are you going to get it back out soon and try to better your last run?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post

Well, does you F'n phone work!!! Thanks for texting me back fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Well, does you F'n phone work!!! Thanks for texting me back fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apparently he doesnt like people bragging how much faster their car is running while his junk is broken down. Just kidding Bill, only quoting your statement
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #21
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Apparently he doesnt like people bragging how much faster their car is running while his junk is broken down. Just kidding Bill, only quoting your statement

He doesn't make for a good virtual drag racer!!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #22
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
It is turned way down This is just part of it at this level as things are gonna break at these power levels and Im fine with that as this is the route I decided to take. There are ALOT of people and BIG companies that I know of that have broke as well but never let anyone know. This is not really a street car anymore and has the best parts available out there installed but people need to understand you cannot simply bolt stuff up and it all work perfectly from the get go as it takes alot of patience and testing to get it all perfect.
Incredibly well said... Which is why several of us have been two or more years in the process of building these cars...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Great Pics Jaime,

Glad you two and more had a great time... Hopefully my coming weekend is as fun... Leaving the shop Thursday, set up and tech, Friday license runs, and Saturday turn up the wick and see either what breaks or how fast we can go...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #24
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Great Pics Jaime,

Glad you two and more had a great time... Hopefully my coming weekend is as fun... Leaving the shop Thursday, set up and tech, Friday license runs, and Saturday turn up the wick and see either what breaks or how fast we can go...
Im hoping the best for you and cant wait to see how the weekend goes as you seem to have everything in order and together the best you can and as you said, its either going to fly or you will find some weak links but again its just part of the process but at least you are launching the car and putting maximum load on all the components so Im betting you have a successful weekend. Good luck and be safe and keep me posted.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
Pentatonic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Awesome pics! Do you guys have issues with the rear body panel cutting into the tires during a hard launch? Looks like each rear slick is sticking out about an inch past the rear sheet metal.
Pentatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #26
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Im hoping the best for you and cant wait to see how the weekend goes as you seem to have everything in order and together the best you can and as you said, its either going to fly or you will find some weak links but again its just part of the process but at least you are launching the car and putting maximum load on all the components so Im betting you have a successful weekend. Good luck and be safe and keep me posted.
Thank You Jason,

I'll be posting results as they occur.... There will be a pretty big semi-local contingent there so they may/will probably be posting before I can which is cool as well....

Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Great Pics Jaime,

Good luck Robert!! Let's just hope when Jason says it's gonna fly he means with all 4 tires on the ground and not actually taking off!!!!!!!! 200+ mph should be a blast.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #28
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thank You Jason,

I'll be posting results as they occur.... There will be a pretty big semi-local contingent there so they may/will probably be posting before I can which is cool as well....

Whipped 416 keeps telling me he's gonna take your old ass down!!