Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #15
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
six grand more for a year newer car, never driven, and a couple more options being a 2LT. Found it in rural PA and drive 5 hours to get it. The other closest summit white with what I wanted was in RI.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:11 PM   #16
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
I know you say you don't need a lot of options but man for a little more you get a nice deal going up to a 2LT. On top of all the extra options you get a cool blue beam that lights up on the interior doors at night so cool. Plus the rear view package is so helpful so you can easily back into spaces. I only back in so I don't accidentally damage front end. Dealer body shop told me they do 3 Camaro's a month at a bill of $1000 to replace the front bumper from owners pulling too far on parking curb then when backing up it pulls front bumper out.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59 PM   #17
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
I know you say you don't need a lot of options but man for a little more you get a nice deal going up to a 2LT. On top of all the extra options you get a cool blue beam that lights up on the interior doors at night so cool. Plus the rear view package is so helpful so you can easily back into spaces. I only back in so I don't accidentally damage front end. Dealer body shop told me they do 3 Camaro's a month at a bill of $1000 to replace the front bumper from owners pulling too far on parking curb then when backing up it pulls front bumper out.
I thought about a 2LT for all the convenience features, I'm just having a hard time justifying the price considering I'd get screwed on the reselling it once the Gen 6 hits dealer lots. I know a vehicle loses about 30% of it's value once it leaves the lot, so the less money I have to spend on a second (primary) vehicle the better.

I also thought about giving Becky a call issue is there my daily now is basically done. So I want to replace it this week. To top it off I'm already going to purchase a Corvette from out of state, I really don't want to ship two vehicles and wait on both. Nor do I want to break in both of them

So with those reasons that's why I was looking at this. If I can spend 22k or less at a dealer and get a vehicle that day, I'd be happy.
AlwaysAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:17 AM   #18
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
22 would get you a new LS with the current rebates. The newer 15 would be better resale than a 14 and you can still get one new. $24,500 is sticker on the black LS we have at work, then it has gray stripes added- with the rebates you're at 22.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #19
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
I thought about a 2LT for all the convenience features, I'm just having a hard time justifying the price considering I'd get screwed on the reselling it once the Gen 6 hits dealer lots. I know a vehicle loses about 30% of it's value once it leaves the lot, so the less money I have to spend on a second (primary) vehicle the better.

I also thought about giving Becky a call issue is there my daily now is basically done. So I want to replace it this week. To top it off I'm already going to purchase a Corvette from out of state, I really don't want to ship two vehicles and wait on both. Nor do I want to break in both of them

So with those reasons that's why I was looking at this. If I can spend 22k or less at a dealer and get a vehicle that day, I'd be happy.
Well, now that I have a 2LT, I don't think I could give up the convenience features. The hud alone is awesome, and the dimming driver side mirror is a godsend. If you can find a deal on the 2LT, I definitely recommend going for it. Built in universal remote is handy too.

Also, in response to IamR3D88, the only forced auto is the 2LS. That said, good luck finding a manual 2LT. I had to special order mine. Most dealers only stock them in auto. Might have one manual with strange options though.

Last edited by Foxfire15; 06-30-2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: autocorrect
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #20
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
I ended up buying it and paying 24 OTD, I'm happy with it especially with the Vette on the way. So it's a nice combo

Thank you guys for the opinions, unfortunately they didn't drop the price but I can live with it
AlwaysAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #21
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
I ended up buying it and paying 24 OTD, I'm happy with it especially with the Vette on the way. So it's a nice combo

Thank you guys for the opinions, unfortunately they didn't drop the price but I can live with it
As long as you're happy with your purchase in the end, that's all that matters.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote