Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #15
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Alright I won't sweat it.

Thanks guys
AlwaysAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #16
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Why is there no warranty if it's a 2014 with 10k miles on it. The original 3/36k should still apply!
Old 07-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #17
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
even if your car WAS in an accident, the dealer was not at fault for reporting that there were no accident or carfax reports. They can't report what is not known to them. Now if they did the repairs and didn't report them and you have evidence of this, that's a different story. You can possibly track the parts that were questionable or did not match your vin but not sure how hard that would be.

NJB

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #18
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
In May '09 when I went in to my dealer to order my SS I asked about the V6 I had seen on the lot. Just wanted to sit in it and check it out as I had yet to see a 5th gen. They told me someone driving through the lot was ogling at it and ran into it and it was in the body shop. I walked over to check it out and they were repairing a huge dent in the driver side quarter. I ordered the SS, got it a couple of months later, and after a time met the guy who ended up buying that V6. No idea it had been hit and repaired. So yes, they will do this. Don't ask, don't tell.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #19
DeanH

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post
Purchase agreement states Certified Used Car, AS IS no warranty.

Roof looks fine, not a single dent that I can see.

Maybe I'll swing by the dealership and ask them why, if it wasn't in an accident I don't see why they would lie about it?
Paint looks good, matches the rest of the panels. Doors seem to line up correctly and the same on both sides.

Idk it's not really a big deal if it was in an accident and then parts were replaced, it's more about the principal. Reason I figured I'd post up and get other's opinions
A true Certified GM vehicle actually comes with an additional warranty. I bought my 09 G8 GT with 3K miles on it in February of 09. It was "Certified" and came with a 4/48 upgraded bumper to bumper warranty. AS-IS and Certified are a contradiction of each other. Something does not add up here. Just my opinion.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #20
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Was this bought a Chevrolet dealership? I can not see where this is stated. You bought the car as is. You did not ask for a carfax report (which I think is part of the GM certified deal). Listen, it seems you were happy with the car prior to your friends observations, and if the car is fine, I would not sweat it.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #21
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Just because a car is damaged doesn't mean they have to tell you about it as long as it was fixed. I had a bumper cover replaced on one of my cars- if I sell it, why mention it? It's fixed.
Carfax doesn't tell you a car is good, it only tells you a car is bad. Lack of a bad carfax is no guarantee of anything. I rolled a truck and it has a clear carfax because it was not reported when repaired.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #22
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
Likely got rear ended which pushed the front into another car or object. Explains non-matching hood and trunk. stickers on the panels (doors, hood, trunk) should match. The dealer who bought the car at auction likely had no idea of the history of the car and their lack of knowledge got passed on to you for a sale.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:28 PM   #23
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen6waiter View Post
Likely got rear ended which pushed the front into another car or object. Explains non-matching hood and trunk. stickers on the panels (doors, hood, trunk) should match. The dealer who bought the car at auction likely had no idea of the history of the car and their lack of knowledge got passed on to you for a sale.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #24
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Some places rush cars to auction after repair so it sells (sometimes a couple times) before the carfax info hits. We've bought cars at auction and had a good carfax go bad while it sits on the lot.
Remember that NO car dealer can speak with authority on the condition of a used car and history accurately unless they were the servicing dealer since new. Even then, the customer can pull a fast one and have damage repaired and not mention it.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote