Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2018, 06:00 AM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Loved my Gen5s but the gen6 is far superior unless you need the back seat. To me both cars look great ,but the gen6 has made the gen5 look dated a little.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #44
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
There's a pile of people on this forum myself included who could afford to sell their 5th and get a 6th easily if it was a must have car. But for many it just isn't. The only move I would do would be 5th Gen to Vette and skip the 6th period. The sales of the 6th seem to confirm this lack of interest from current 5th owners.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #45
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Does that sentiment also extend to the "refreshed" SS models for '19?
The '19 SS is the reason I'd consider a 6th generation.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #46
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Does that sentiment also extend to the "refreshed" SS models for '19?
I'm not a fan of what I saw of the 2019's new front end, but I go back to the 4th gen "Geo Storm versus Catfish" and learned my lesson about front end/grille arguments. The 1993-97 Camaros had a much better looking front end IMO than the 1998-2002 but when it came down to the engines and other upgrades to the later models it was no comparison. The LT1 in the 93-97 was terrible. Everyone warned me to forget how the front end looks, but I bought a 1997 anyway and the car was one of the worst vehicles I've ever had. I finally admitted my mistake and bit the bullet and took the loss and bought a LS1 which was an outstanding car.

In short, looks aren't necessarily everything!

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #47
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
The 7th gen will be a better car overall then the 6th gen...which is the way it should be. The 5th gen will have the last true musclecar look that people like...the 6th gen will fall somewhere in between. Overshadowed by the 7th gen and not as classic looking as the 5th gen.....hopefully the 7yh gen recaptures the excitement for the Camaro that the 6th gen lost.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #48
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
After owning two 5th gens ,2010SS and a 2014 SS/1le i can say without a doubt 6th Gen all the way. The love for the 6th Gen is growing every day ,just not with the few that feel a need to hold on to what they have . I added a link also you should see.
https://www.motor1.com/features/7557...s-of-all-time/
"If you ask any enthusiast, one, three, and six are typically regarded as the best generations."

Sorry, but with whom the f*** were they speaking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post
I'm not a fan of what I saw of the 2019's new front end, but I go back to the 4th gen "Geo Storm versus Catfish" and learned my lesson about front end/grille arguments. The 1993-97 Camaros had a much better looking front end IMO than the 1998-2002 but when it came down to the engines and other upgrades to the later models it was no comparison. The LT1 in the 93-97 was terrible. Everyone warned me to forget how the front end looks, but I bought a 1997 anyway and the car was one of the worst vehicles I've ever had. I finally admitted my mistake and bit the bullet and took the loss and bought a LS1 which was an outstanding car.

Exactly my sentiment regarding the 4th generation.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #49
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The 7th gen will be a better car overall then the 6th gen...which is the way it should be. The 5th gen will have the last true musclecar look that people like...the 6th gen will fall somewhere in between. Overshadowed by the 7th gen and not as classic looking as the 5th gen.....hopefully the 7yh gen recaptures the excitement for the Camaro that the 6th gen lost.
The 6th generation will be to the 5th generation, what the 4th generation is to the 3rd generation.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #50
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Well, I had a 6th gen and went back to a 5th gen, that should tell you something from a former owner.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #51
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post

What GM did for the '19 SS refresh is in no way comparible to the 4th gen '93-'97 vs '98-'02 update. Placing the bowtie on the front bumper halfway down the car is just plain gross. It makes the car look like it has a Silverado truck like front end. The revised scooped out tail lights don't do the car any favors either. It makes the car look worse than the model preceding it.

The '98-'02 update improved the looks of the 4th gen even though the front end was a little cat fish like. The biggest improvement the update did was reduce the extreme door stop look of the '93-'97 models.

The hood line was raised slightly at the front and the front bumper profile was blunted out a bit reducing the extreme door stop wedge shape. Then, you had the SS models with the SLP air induction hood scoop and the raised lip rear spoiler. These modifications improved the profile of the car tremendously. Add the slightly wider 17"x 9.5 wheels to the mix and you had a car that looked significantly better than the model before it. Was it perfect? No, but the changes improved the styling a lot especially on the Trans Am WS6 models. And, I think most on here could agree to that sentiment.

Yeah, you still had that stupid severely raked glass tunnel of a windshield, but at least you could see some of the hood line on the SS models when driving them. No more minivan-type driving experience of just staring at huge ugly wiper arms when driving the car.

Styling and design are everything to me. The 5th gen is a (retro) design classic of another design classic, the '69 Camaro. I could never drive an ugly fast car. Why? Because why should I? I could get myself an older Camaro and mod it up to be as fast or faster than any half a$$ styled 6th gen. Or, I could pony up the $7-8k for a stage 3 Overkill supercharger on my current 5th gen and be done with it. I could have my cake and eat it too. A car that looks great with performance to match.

The '19 update is just too ridiculous to even consider no matter how fast it is. The problem is, some rich dude in a Tesla model S running on ludicrous mode would totally destroy it. Sure, that Tesla would destroy my 5th gen even worse, but at least my car looks orders of magnitude better than any Tesla sedan.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #52
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
The 6th generation will be to the 5th generation, what the 4th generation is to the 3rd generation.
Was beside a green with black stripes 72 Z/28 last night at a car meet. That car really impressed me. If I was to change it would be for that car..
Old 06-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #53
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Was beside a green with black stripes 72 Z/28 last night at a car meet. That car really impressed me. If I was to change it would be for that car..
OMG the 1970.5-73 Z28/RS is my favorite Camaro of all time!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #54
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
OMG the 1970.5-73 Z28/RS is my favorite Camaro of all time!
Should have snapped a photo.....i may see it again tonight at another car meet...if so I will take a picture. That green with the black stripes looks great.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #55
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
Not again, another 5th, 6th pissing match..

Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #56
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
If money was no object, it would be a no brainer... 6th gen all the way. Now is it worth an extra $5k plus higher insurance/plates to get a slightly more bad ass version of my already bad ass car? Absolutely not. With that said, I do hope to find myself behind the wheel of a 6th gen 1LE in about 3 years.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote