Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Thumbs up My Camaro Story (Nightmare)

This was my letter to GM
I am posting it here to gather peoples thoughts on what they think should be done to make this right.

To whom it may concern,
My Name is |||||GAHDOOSH|||||; I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS from salesmen |||SALESMAN NAME||| at ||||Dealership|||| in |||Location|||| on January 31st 2013 in cash. I have since driven the vehicle 10,700 miles and I have had many issues with the car. Some of them have been taken care of and some of them still need to be addressed. I will now list them below.
• Salesmen never arrived on day of purchase
• Dealer lost spare key, had to place multiple phone calls and wait a week for the key to arrive in the mail
• Optional gauges had not been properly installed. Went to dealer to have it fixed
• Onstar mirror had to be replaced, displaying random nonexistent errors
• MyLink backup camera stopped working. Went to dealer to have it fixed.
• MyLink radio and Sat Nav very slow. Went to dealer for software update and fix.
• Tire pressure monitor system failure. Dealer is replacing/repairing.
• Driver side horn not attached to car. Dangling by cable. Dealer attached it
• Front right horn nonoperational. Dealer replaced it
• Bumper not flush with hood. Dealer has the vehicle awaiting district manager to assess.
• Bumper not the same color of vehicle, Dealer previously suggested it needed repainting, now that they are aware it is warranty the Collision Manager has decided it will not be repainted.
I have only had the car four months....

The General Motors mission statement is as follows. Safety and quality first, create life-long customers, innovate, deliver long-term investment value, and make a positive difference. I feel as though GM has not exemplified this mission statement in my case.
All of these issues and more, added to the enormous amount of time and energy that has been required to take care of these issues, has made this an unfortunate experience. My biggest fear is that all of the above issues have been found by me, and I can only see so much. It would appear that the vehicle is falling apart. I bought the Camaro because my brother has a 2010 1LT RS, and I wanted one as well. My family has owned several GM vehicles throughout the last thirty years including Impala’s, Silverado’s, and Camaro’s. This most recent purchase has been a disappointment to the entire family.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

Last edited by GAHDOOSH; 05-22-2013 at 12:34 PM.
GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Sounds like you have a lemon there...

Was the car in a accident?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
julio820

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
julio820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Sounds like you have a lemon there...

Was the car in a accident?
Bought it brand spanking new, no record of an accident from dealer but it looks like probably either in production or in transport.
The horn wasn't even attached to the car....

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
That is horrible.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedsox View Post
That is horrible.
I blacked out the dealer name out of courtesy and respect because I honestly believe it was screwed from production. I forgot to mention that my salesmen no longer works at that dealer as well...
I'm just disappointed because although every member of my family has at some point or another purchased and owned a Chevy, this was my first and it was a total nightmare.

I will likely be returning it, and it will be very difficult to buy another.

Any networking to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated, not sure if the band of brothers here have that kind of power?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Sorry for your woes. I had a similar situation with my 1st 45th. Not so much on the production and falling apart issues, but just lack of care by the dealership. If your interested, head over to ny5thgen.com and search for how I owned 2 45th anniversarys. It's a lengthy read.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
I haven't seen a rant/rave like this since I worked as a Customer Relationship Manager, (CRM) for GM in 99-00. Back then, GM had huge issues with Cadillac Catteras and diesel 6.5L motors in pickup trucks, both GMC and Chevy.

So you know, you can solve all this, keep it civil and keep a paper trail of all your trials and tribulations. It is all about showing that you have a case, a situation you wouldn't wish on them, or you.

Best of luck, please keep us all in the loop to resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
This was my letter to GM
I am posting it here to gather peoples thoughts on what they think should be done to make this right.

To whom it may concern,
My Name is |||||GAHDOOSH|||||; I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS from salesmen |||SALESMAN NAME||| at ||||Dealership|||| in |||Location|||| on January 31st 2013 in cash. I have since driven the vehicle 10,700 miles and I have had many issues with the car. Some of them have been taken care of and some of them still need to be addressed. I will now list them below.
• Salesmen never arrived on day of purchase
• Dealer lost spare key, had to place multiple phone calls and wait a week for the key to arrive in the mail
• Optional gauges had not been properly installed. Went to dealer to have it fixed
• Onstar mirror had to be replaced, displaying random nonexistent errors
• MyLink backup camera stopped working. Went to dealer to have it fixed.
• MyLink radio and Sat Nav very slow. Went to dealer for software update and fix.
• Tire pressure monitor system failure. Dealer is replacing/repairing.
• Driver side horn not attached to car. Dangling by cable. Dealer attached it
• Front right horn nonoperational. Dealer replaced it
• Bumper not flush with hood. Dealer has the vehicle awaiting district manager to assess.
• Bumper not the same color of vehicle, Dealer previously suggested it needed repainting, now that they are aware it is warranty the Collision Manager has decided it will not be repainted.
I have only had the car four months....

The General Motors mission statement is as follows. Safety and quality first, create life-long customers, innovate, deliver long-term investment value, and make a positive difference. I feel as though GM has not exemplified this mission statement in my case.
All of these issues and more, added to the enormous amount of time and energy that has been required to take care of these issues, has made this an unfortunate experience. My biggest fear is that all of the above issues have been found by me, and I can only see so much. It would appear that the vehicle is falling apart. I bought the Camaro because my brother has a 2010 1LT RS, and I wanted one as well. My family has owned several GM vehicles throughout the last thirty years including Impala’s, Silverado’s, and Camaro’s. This most recent purchase has been a disappointment to the entire family.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #9
pogiskier

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss black,hurst shifter
Sorry to tell ya, but it really sounds like it was in a crash probably during a test drive, if the dealer fixed it there would be nothing on the title or car fax. makes me wonder if that has to do with the salesman no longer working there. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogiskier View Post
Sorry to tell ya, but it really sounds like it was in a crash probably during a test drive, if the dealer fixed it there would be nothing on the title or car fax. makes me wonder if that has to do with the salesman no longer working there. I wish you the best of luck.
The dealers general manager emailed me the car's records. He personally assured me that the vehicle was never damaged in any way on the lot. That would be a serious non disclosure issue.

I haven't gotten to the bottom of why the salesmen isn't there, but I'm not surprised considering I bought a car in cash and he didn't even bother to show up.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
pogiskier

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss black,hurst shifter
This sucks that you have to go through this, I hope it will all work out in a very positive manner in the end.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Appreciate the sympathies, I do as well. I would like to think that they can find me another one.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Damn sucks your having to deal with this good luck.
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #14
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Contact Chevrolet Customer Support, you can pm them here. William has been messaging me and is very open and helpful.